Dowie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Please noooo!!!!

Having read this thread, the only reason I've seen for Dowie not being given the job is because he got sacked at Dysentery, sorry, Coventry, but no other reasons. A lot of fans always want to choose a manager because of their personality, rather than what they might give to the club.
If Holloway does leave, I hope we just get someone who is capable of taking the club forward.

WE keep trying the up and coming Manager and it doesn't work,much prefer an older type Manager now.Someone this shower can lok up to and respect.

Is your love affair with Ollie still going strong :102:

Never fecking had one. I was indifferent to his appointment (probably celebrated because he was the best option IMO of the few we had to choose from), I was impressed by his debut victory and from that I believed he was the reet' gent. However, ever since the loss at Watford I have been critical of his tactics. There is part of me which believes if you choose an up and coming manager, you expect time for things to take effect and time for the manager to get used to the club etc. We have never given the likes of Levein etc a full season.

Saying all this ever since the loss against Watford, the dread hoofball seems to have disappeared.

Dowie speculation

I read this thread on the BBC. MM is supposed to be interested in Ian Dowie to replace Ian Holloway.

The last thing we need is a Hoofer for a Manager with his long ball game.
I would much prefer to keep Ian holloway than to even contemplate Dowie.

When will chairmen ( All Chairman ) realise that the most important decision at the Club is appointing the right manager. And money should not be spared on the right person. Not necessarily the spending on players. The right manager will get the results from both good and average players.
Look at what Moyes has done with Everton or Allardyse with Bolton and of course our own martin o Neill.
So come on MM keep faith a little longer and if I H has to go spend on getting the right manager.

Re: its know how not roulette the godd managers have it !!!!

this is the same reaction we got from city fans regarding Neil Warnock.
Look where Palace are now, I wish we were in their shoes. It just goes to prove that most fans when it comes to picking a manager we don't know what we are on about. If Dowie takes on another club and gets success then how will we feel.
Its russian roulette and its take a chance time, who the feck knows how a manager will turn out?

The Mirror this morning seems to suggest that Dowie is actively touting for the job whilst Ollie is still the incumbent.

Would we really want a dishonourable cnut like that here?

Well of course if he was a winner then yes. But is he?

Last edited:
The Mirror this morning seems to suggest that Dowie is actively touting for the job whilst Ollie is still the incumbent.

Would we really want a dishonourable cnut like that here?

Well of course if he was a winner then yes. But is he?

No he ****ing is not.

its also a gamble keeping the fool we have now

A reply to Boy Idiot,

I listened to Ian Holloway's pre-match and post match interviews on Radio Leicester.

He is a hundred times the man that you pretend to be, hiding behind your computer screen.

The only fool within a million miles of LCFC is you.

Clear off...

A reply to Boy Idiot,

I listened to Ian Holloway's pre-match and post match interviews on Radio Leicester.

He is a hundred times the man that you pretend to be, hiding behind your computer screen.

The only fool within a million miles of LCFC is you.

Clear off...

well if you are sucked in by one result thats up to you, look back at previous results this season and see a pattern, lets see two wins in a row eh?

And tell me what do I pretend to be, and why do I hide behind a PC screen? I don't get what you mean, explain yourself please Filthy Prick.

well if you are sucked in by one result thats up to you, look back at previous results this season and see a pattern, lets see two wins in a row eh?

And tell me what do I pretend to be, and why do I hide behind a PC screen? I don't get what you mean, explain yourself please Filthy Prick.

Unfortunately, many are sucked in by one, or the occasional, good win or by a managers personality. Whatever anyone thinks of Holloway, his record so far at our club is shit. I don't care what he sounds like during an interview, I don't want gags and foolhardy comments or excuses, let's see more good results on a consistant basis before he is given the freedom of the city !!

Having read this thread, the only reason I've seen for Dowie not being given the job is because he got sacked at Dysentery, sorry, Coventry, but no other reasons.

We've gone over the reasons not to get Dowie numerous times before.

The main reason of course, is that he's just not very good. He had a good few months at Palace four years ago, and he's lived off that success ever since. His win rate since then is only 36%, which is not the record of a top manager.

If we're going to change manager again, we should be aiming higher than Dowie.

Unfortunately, some of us have taken against Holloway and irrationally want him, and City under him, to fail.We've become obsessed by what we see as his quips and we're allowing it to obscure the obviously better balanced squad and the team which is clearly playing better.

True enough :038:

Unfortunately, some of us have taken against Holloway and irrationally want him, and City under him, to fail.We've become obsessed by what we see as his quips and we're allowing it to obscure the obviously better balanced squad and the team which is clearly playing better

True enough :038:

Great editing:038:, but you can say it yourself :icon_bigg

Unfortunately, some of us have taken against Holloway and irrationally want him, and City under him, to fail.We've become obsessed by what we see as his quips and we're allowing it to obscure the obviously better balanced squad and the team which is clearly playing better

Great editing:038:, but you can say it yourself :icon_bigg

Unlike many on this forum my stance has not changed. I can see what Holloway is trying to do and I know there's more to him than his media output.

We have a significantly better balanced squad - he's not only got in Oakley, Howard and Hendrie but also shifted some of the detritus left over from the summer. I'm delighted to say that Milan has backed him in all of that.

You can be as facetious as you want but you know I'm right :icon_wink

Unfortunately, everyones idea of a good manager is different, I mentioned I'd like to see Keving Blackwell as our manager, a few disagreed with that, he has now won 3 on the bounce at Sheff Utd and eyeing the play-offs. I know that doesn't mean he'd do the same for us, but he was just my choice. It's always difficult to find the right replacement and only results prove whether the choice was right or not.
Sam Allardyce at Newcastle spring to mind.

We've gone over the reasons not to get Dowie numerous times before.

The main reason of course, is that he's just not very good. He had a good few months at Palace four years ago, and he's lived off that success ever since. His win rate since then is only 36%, which is not the record of a top manager.

FFS Dont say Mancini

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69