Dutch Midfield to sign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like he's come from a decent background, Ajax academy, Dutch youth levels and apparently "high profile European clubs" were after him... but I am a little concerned/confused that he spent last season at a Division 2 team on an amateur contract?

Just a guess, but playing on an amateur contract probably meant that he could then go to another club without a fee being involved, which would increase his personal signing on fee.

Last edited:
Just a guess, but playing on an amateur contract probably meant that he could then go to another club without a fee being involved, which would increase his personal signing on fee.

He was on an amateur contract with an amateur club.

It is just ever so slightly possible that he was an amateur because no one was prepared to pay him to play football anymore.

Of course he could turn out to be a monster signing.....but somehow i doubt it.

He was on an amateur contract with an amateur club.

It is just ever so slightly possible that he was an amateur because no one was prepared to pay him to play football anymore.

Of course he could turn out to be a monster signing.....but somehow i doubt it.

They are not an amateur club Redditch, I think the amateur contract is a red herring, lost in translation type of thing. I understand he was on pay as you play basis.

I'd say that would have been Milan's unveiling, no? Although I do see your point. Press conferences of any importance have been a bit thin on the ground...

As for Sinclair, I'm a bit 'meh'- personally I'd rather have Newton, but I'm willing to give Sinclair a punt.

I still think MA's best bit of business this summer was to sell Paddy McCarthy...
did you not see him try and hit the cross bar at half time :018:;)

He was integral to our mini 'resurgence' (and by that I mean we won a few games and look slightly more like scoring a goal or two) under Worthers. I'm not saying he's amazing or anything, just that he was one of the few signings (perhaps the only signing?) that really added to the team. Sinclair has done little if anything at all in the last season.

He was integral to our mini 'resurgence' (and by that I mean we won a few games and look slightly more like scoring a goal or two) under Worthers. I'm not saying he's amazing or anything, just that he was one of the few signings (perhaps the only signing?) that really added to the team. Sinclair has done little if anything at all in the last season.

ture, very ture

Surely we would have expected an announcement at the usual 11.30 slot to confirm this and the other purported exciting signings?

Surely we would have expected an announcement at the usual 11.30 slot to confirm this and the other purported exciting signings?

I'm being optimistic and hoping that the fact it's not been confirmed yet means there are more signings on the way today and they want to announce them altogether ;)

A couple more 'local' games for us next season, really slim pickings last year

yeah i thought that, pity West Ham conned their survival

i'm Canada Water on the Thames

You may be a bit of a 'feckin dickie' but I am quite sure you are not a 'bird' in any way, shape or form, unless there is something you're not telling us! :biggrin:

:018: :icon_wink

cock.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673