Edgar Davids on his way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is with their gash new layout? Why can't I just read all posts in a thread, rather than having to click them?

That's your settings not theirs... happened to me once.

NP is just being realistic, sometimes realism is seen as a damp squib compared to what's written on this forum.

Oooo, titty titty bang bang.

Go into a thread, you'll find an "option" drop down on the right hand side of the thread title. Go into that and you'll see "display modes"... select standard.

Done.

On the OS now Nigel putting a damp sqib on the whole thing

BUT HEY HE'S COMING FOR SURE NOW:icon_cool

http://www.lcfc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10274~1837209,00.html

Pearson On Davids
Posted on: Mon 26 Oct 2009

Leicester City boss, Nigel Pearson, insists the imaginative idea of Edgar Davids coming to the Walkers Stadium has some way to go before, or even if, it happens.

Ever since word of contact between the club and the former European superstar was revealed by Pearson earlier this week, the Blue Army are talking of little else, but a cautious Pearson said: "There has been interest. Whether anything materialises is neither here nor there. I couldn't tell you because there would be still quite a way to go and we will see what happens."

"Things can move quickly in football but it would be wrong for me to speculate further. There has been interest from the club, likewise interest from the player. Whether it materialises into a move or not is a different matter."

"At this moment in time there is nothing further to add. If there is anything to pass on we will do that at the appropriate time but as it stands at the minute there is nothing to add."

"I know there has been interest but it is one of those things, as it is with all players that we have had interest in, that there will be a time, or there may be a time that I can say more but I don't think it is the right time to talk in any greater depth on the subject."

The 36-year-old midfielder has been out of action for a long time so he will have to come up to the high standards of fitness and character which is the hallmark of Pearson's competitive squad and he said: "As with all our signings that we have made or targets we look at, they have to meet certain criteria and this one will be no different."

"There is still a way to go if anything does happen. I don't believe in publicity stunts, I don't believe in players coming in who don't meet that criteria and I can understand there being interest in this but until there comes a time when there is something more concrete I don't see any point in me speculating any further."

250px-1112145890-soccer-coca-cola-football-league-championship-leicester-city-press-conference.jpg

Attachments

• 250px-1112145890-soccer-coca-cola-football-league-championship-leicester-city-press-conference.jpg
    250px-1112145890-soccer-coca-cola-football-league-championship-leicester-city-press-conference.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 134
When Pearson was asked about Davids in the pre-match interview on Sky he came out with the same old jist of 'nothing to tell at this time' but then he said something like 'i'm sure you'll find out soon enough' and tried to contain a smirk. So is Edgar on his way or am I reading something into nothing?

Reading getting really frustrated now, you can hear it in the crowd but I can just see that Shane Long getting a late equaliser if we don't get another goal in the next 10-15 mins...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00