England squad v France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazzman

Provisional squad:
Goalkeepers:
James (Portsmouth), Carson (Aston Villa), Kirkland (Wigan)
Defenders: Bridge (Chelsea), A Cole (Chelsea), Johnson (Portsmouth), Terry (Chelsea), Brown (Man Utd), Lescott (Everton), Ferdinand (Man Utd), Wheater (Middlesbrough), Woodgate (Tottenham), Upson (West Ham)
Midfielders: Barry (Aston Villa), Young (Aston Villa), Bentley (Blackburn), J Cole (Chelsea), Lampard (Chelsea), Wright-Phillips (Chelsea), Beckham (Los Angeles Galaxy), Gerrard (Liverpool), Hargreaves (Man Utd), Downing (Middlesbrough), Jenas (Tottenham)
Forwards: Walcott (Arsenal), Agbonlahor (Aston Villa), Crouch (Liverpool), Rooney (Man Utd), Owen (Newcastle), Defoe (Portsmouth).

Some interesting choices - Wheater for one.

Re: England v France squad

Yeah also agree about Wheater, I doubt he won't be picked in the final squad on Saturday.

Anybody else think Ashley Cole has gone downhill since he joined Chelsea.He should have been sent off last night for that tackle on Hutton

He's always been a snotty nosed cockney but as a footballer he's gone downhill at Chelsea.

He'sbound to, play though because he's the only Left Back in the Squad

Anybody else think Ashley Cole has gone downhill since he joined Chelsea.He should have been sent off last night for that tackle on Hutton

Always remember the flying tackle he did against Ben Thatcher at the Walkers.

Been saying this for ages, if he played for anyone else he wouldnt get in the england squad. same with Wes Brown, bloody rubbish IMO.

Been saying this for ages, if he played for anyone else he wouldnt get in the england squad. same with Wes Brown, bloody rubbish IMO.

Agreed,I think Johnson should be given a chance at Right Back

Would probably agree now he is getting regular football which was the problem before when he was at chelski, same problem as bridge is now having. Don’t know why he doesn’t move on to one of the uefa chasing clubs like villa for instance. Get himself some regular football and a chance at an England place, just to comfy at chelski I spose.

Cole just doesn't fit the style of play at Chelsea. Fitted in perfect at Arsenal.

Cole is a reprehensible little bagoshite.

From Football365:-

It's not about the tackle. It was rash, it was a red card, it was no less savage than Martin Taylor's challenge on Eduardo despite the merciful lack of lasting damage - but it was a mistimed tackle in the same vein as those committed by Steed Malbranque and Stephen Hunt this season, and those players have not been singled out for vitriol. Anyone who has ever played football on a regular basis knows they are guilty of at least one 'oh bugger, I've misjudged that slightly' moment.

No, it was the reaction. He is supposedly a grown man but he acted like a three-year-old. Actually, make that a two-year-old, because by the time most children are three they know when they have done something very, very wrong and have the good sense to say sorry.

I defy anyone - even Chelsea fans - not to watch the footage of Cole's booking by the cowardly Mike Riley and not mouth the word 'c***'. He argues the case, then turns and refuses to look at Riley in a 'if I don't see the yellow card, it doesn't count' way, only finally turning around when he is threatened with a red card, and then walks away muttering to himself at the injustice of it all.

Now read this extract from the tabloid tale of 'PRETTY blonde Aimee Walton', who did the sex thing with Cole after he vomited in the back of her friend's car on the way back from a club, and try again not to use the C word. And I don't mean Cole.

"During the ride he was slurring his words and was a right mess. Then he just threw up everywhere. My friend was going mad but he just smiled and said to me, 'She should be privileged Ashley Cole was sick in her car.'"

She should be 'privileged' that he vomited in her car.

Arsenal fans had good reason to villify Cole ater his behaviour before, during and after his move to Chelski. Not only did he meet (accidentally, of course) with Peter Kenyon and Jose Mourinho about a move while still an Arsenal player, admitted he nearly crashed his car when Arsenal only offered him a pitiful £55,000 a week, he then castigated the Gunners in his autobiography for making him a "scapegoat", saying they had "fed him to the sharks".

The rest of us just thought of him as a greedy little irritant in a stupid white suit while undeniably the best left-back in England, but this last year, there's no doubt that he has asurped all-comers in the 'most despicable player in the Premier League' charts. Any previous contenders - Robbie Savage, El-Hadji Diouf, Craig Bellamy - just look like pantomime villains at the side of Cole.

There are others that hate the likes of Pascal Chimbonda and Emmanuel Eboue, but are greed and pathetic diving really in the same league as Cole's particular brand of nastiness?

His book is called 'My Defence'. Has he really still got even the semblance of one?

Is it my imagination, or is the england squad, bar the midfield starting to look average at best?

Last edited:
and terry was right in riley's face too. Respect for refs my arse, great example to set guys well done. I hope terry isn't made england captain again as a result.

And I'm pleased beckham is in the squad. Give him his well deserved 100th cap and he can fade away into his lucrative sunset.

I agree let him have his 100th and then call it a day.

The World cup is still over 2 yrs away and with Beckham not playing at a serious level of football, it seems pointless for his England adventure to go any further.

I'd say cheers Becks, you were never the greatest footballer to wear the 3 lions shirt but you always did it with pride:038:

Last edited:
I can understand why Heskey might not be in there but not at the expense of Peter Crouch or Agbonlahor..

Anyone else think likewise?

and terry was right in riley's face too. Respect for refs my arse, great example to set guys well done. I hope terry isn't made england captain again as a result.

And I'm pleased beckham is in the squad. Give him his well deserved 100th cap and he can fade away into his lucrative sunset.

Believe me Capello will not stand for it, and big time charlies he eats for breakfast

People are forgetting this is a provisional squad meaning people like wheater will be cut out like Curtis Davies was last time-wouldn't surprise me if Becks doesn't make the final cut either tbh

Chelsea are terrible for it,Terry and Lampard being the worse culprits,but its Arsenal who get slated for it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669