England squad v France

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it my imagination, or is the england squad, bar the midfield starting to look average at best?

England have a lack of World Class Strikers,other than Rooney the rest are now much of a muchness.Owen isn't the player he once was,Crouch is ok as an option but the rest aren't good enough IMO

Last edited:
England have a lack of World Class Strikers,other than Rooney the rest are now much of a muchness.Owen isn't the player he once was,Crouch is ok as an option but the rest aren't good enough IMO

Owen just needs games he is still a class player, not sure he can play with Wazza though. Need a big man other than Crouch who is no good against top teams.

Midfield and defence (apart from keeper) is fine though, in a few years we'll have decent keepers vying for the no 1 shirt.

This is why England will never win anything, mediocre strikers at best.

The fact that people like Owen get anywhere near the England squad these days highlights the pathetic offering this Country has in terms of strikers.

Not in the team? :icon_eek:

I think he's been the most consistent English centre back, like you say though everyone has their own view.

After agree with H on that one. Overrated prima donna imo, thats always capable of an almighty cock-up when playing against good opposition.

Everytime I've seen him play he makes one almighty balls up which either ends in a goal,a near miss or one of his team mates having to help him out the shit.I would rather play Woodgate myself

Everytime I've seen him play he makes one almighty balls up which either ends in a goal,a near miss or one of his team mates having to help him out the shit.I would rather play Woodgate myself

Like to see Ledley King in there:102:
Ferdinand can get away with a lot of his blunders because of the side he is in. If he makes 1 mistake the team will score2. Two mistakes, the team will score 3. The focus is always directed away because the team do the business. Ferdinand is a good player, but great..........never.

After agree with H on that one. Overrated prima donna imo, thats always capable of an almighty cock-up when playing against good opposition.

Seemed pretty happy against Torres at the weekend, and Man Utd have only conceded 15 goals all season.

Lets see how he gets on against France. He has lost concentration in the past but he is on very good form and he has great distribution.

Rio would be my first choice probably followed by Woodgate but centre back isn't our problem position we've got loads of quality there.

Seemed pretty happy against Torres at the weekend, and Man Utd have only conceded 15 goals all season.

Lets see how he gets on against France. He has lost concentration in the past but he is on very good form and he has great distribution.

Rio would be my first choice probably followed by Woodgate but centre back isn't our problem position we've got loads of quality there.

Shame it went missing against Russia and Croatia then:icon_wink

Shame it went missing against Russia and Croatia then:icon_wink

Aye, the goalie didn't help either and Wazza gave away a pen but lets face it the only England player who has consistently performed well in recent times is Joe Cole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00