England squad v France

Status
Not open for further replies.
crap game so far. Well I think it is the fcuking thing is in chinese again......:icon_conf

Always bound to be a crap game...what kind of benefit and advantage does this fixture gives us. We can hardly says we're preparing for the Euros.

both my sopcasts are in chinese and both are showing fecking basketball now.

I tell you basketball in ****ing chinese.......:mad:

...what kind of benefit and advantage does this fixture gives us.

It allows us to give Beckham his 100th game and then we can tell him to **** off.

Pitiful and why the feck is Downing still playing? Thought we saw the back of him with MaClaren

Thank god I turned it off at HT, this game has reminded me why I don't normally bother watching England friendlies.

This is why England will never win anything, mediocre strikers at best.

The fact that people like Owen get anywhere near the England squad these days highlights the pathetic offering this Country has in terms of strikers.

I rest my case, pathetic showing.

Well that's proven that Crapello is going to move the game in England forward :icon_roll not a shot on target, it was so bad we could have been watching city.

To fly in the face of popular opinion with this, I actually thought that England played alright for the first 30-35 mins until the goal went in. The possession play was actually not bad, considering that for years against the better nations we revert to long balls and can't retain the ball at all. Capello is trying to get us hold the ball and play football, which I am very supportive of. You can see where he is going with this, and although it is not expected that he will get it right immediately, I think that he will be there or thereabouts by September.

Certain players though will be struggling to get a place in his team.

Well that's proven that Crapello is going to move the game in England forward

So two games in and with a grossly underachieving set of players (at International level) to work with you have already made your judgement. I suggest you look at Alf Ramsey's first couple of games in charge of England and ask yourself if you would have been saying the same back them as well :)

To fly in the face of popular opinion with this, I actually thought that England played alright for the first 30-35 mins until the goal went in. The possession play was actually not bad, considering that for years against the better nations we revert to long balls and can't retain the ball at all. Capello is trying to get us hold the ball and play football, which I am very supportive of. You can see where he is going with this, and although it is not expected that he will get it right immediately, I think that he will be there or thereabouts by September.

Certain players though will be struggling to get a place in his team.
Its a good idea but have we gt the players to do it.Its way too early to judge Capello's England but Stewart Downing should not be within 50 miles of an England team IMO.Like to see Stephen Warnock given a chance at Left Back myself

So two games in and with a grossly underachieving set of players (at International level) to work with you have already made your judgement. I suggest you look at Alf Ramsey's first couple of games in charge of England and ask yourself if you would have been saying the same back them as well :)

I honestly don't care what the England team do but I think he was the wrong appointment and I don't see anything that changes my mind. Same old same old really, the sort of stuff that puts people off the game and he's covering old ground, looking at players and systems that have already failed. If the FA wanted to go on like this they might as well have kept one of the last 2 managers and save millions to invest in a reasonable youth policy so that we eventually end up with a decent team.

PS. Ramsey wasn't paid tens of millions and although he lost games he didn't have a squad of supposed world beaters.

PS. Ramsey wasn't paid tens of millions and although he lost games he didn't have a squad of supposed world beaters.

That's media hype for you - we all know they are nowhere near as good as their agents say they are.

Its a good idea but have we gt the players to do it.Its way too early to judge Capello's England but Stewart Downing should not be within 50 miles of an England team IMO.Like to see Stephen Warnock given a chance at Left Back myself

I would prefer Capello to get us to play the way he wants. The players may need to change, and that is not a bad thing. Some of them need to be brought down a peg or two and a spell on the bench, or even out of the squad, will prove that they either have the heart to play for their country, or they shouldn't be near the team. Maybe only a few will survive the Capello reign...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00