Eriksson handed £10m to land Heskey and Given

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just noticed summat....... who the feck thanked him ^^^^ for a post?

TWICE!!!:icon_eek::icon_eek:

Probably me, I've been thanking every post at the bottom of each page as my fingers are too fat to only select the next page option using this phone.

Probably me, I've been thanking every post at the bottom of each page as my fingers are too fat to only select the next page option using this phone.

I've been doing the same, and my fingers are a lot fatter than yours.

Same here, so for all those I've thanked, I don't mean it.

Being linked with Heskey again, this time in the Brum Mail. :icon_bigg

They're making it up. He wasn't on SuperScrote's list.

Thats a truly, truly shit bit of reporting. Why on earth would Heskey be 'top transfer target' when Sven has already said Yakubu pretty much is? If we take Heskey it's probably a bad move, unless he really is going to be as good as the mongies suspect. Somebody said before, go forward not back ,and I have to agree.

Oh my god ,i really hope they dont get emile ,hes been a great player, but alas hes just that couple of yards off the pace now, we really need that speed and firepower, along with a good solid defence and thats going from the front to the back (in other words solid all through the team)if we really want the Prem next year we need to look harder than Heskey.

Yeah, but Howard is already here and won't be on a particularly big wage, Heskey would cost a decent amount of money on a transfer fee and be on much larger wages.

Would be an okay alternative to Yakubu but I don't really see the point in this if we get Yakubu on a permo. They are both target man style forwards IMO. Also I have to say £1m+ for a 33 year old who hasn't been prolific for years sounds a bit of a rip as well =/

The owners are only going to give us a certain amount to spend on transfers and wages regardless of that ludicrous story that was posted in the Mockery a few days a go. The Heskey deal will take a large chunk of that which could be spent elsewhere. Just seems pointless to waste a lot of our budget on both Yakubu and Heskey when signing defenders and goalkeeper(s) should be a much, much higher priority than signing attackers and I know I would much rather see us sign Yakubu than Heskey.

Last edited:
we should just sign yakubu for whats been mentioned 2m and freebie kamara for our strikeforce with waghorn and vassel on board as well we would be strong enough up front and defence is a much more serious isue atm. kyle naughton, ben mee would be good buys and a good keeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669