Essex CC match (a)

Status
Not open for further replies.
144 all out. a good display by the bowlers

99-3 in reply

A good day. But won't be worth anything if we put in our usual first innings batting. 270+ minimum please. A few runs for Cobb would do him good and he has got all day to get them.

A good day. But won't be worth anything if we put in our usual first innings batting. 270+ minimum please. A few runs for Cobb would do him good and he has got all day to get them.

150ish - 5 currently.

I've crictised White on here this season, but just recently his figures suggest he's been a threat and without the usual awful economy rate.

Cobb got 30. Not bad, but once set, you'd hope he'd go on from there.

150ish - 5 currently.

I've crictised White on here this season, but just recently his figures suggest he's been a threat and without the usual awful economy rate.

Cobb got 30. Not bad, but once set, you'd hope he'd go on from there.

Unfortunately not. All out with a lead of about 50odd. Highest score in the match so far is 39.

Don't remember the last time we had a championship fifty!

Just looked at the scorecard and nine of the ten Leics wickets were caught. Hardly suggests that there are devils in the pitch

168-4 a couple of late wickets for Malik puts a better light on it, just when it looked like the game maybe slipping away.

168-4 a couple of late wickets for Malik puts a better light on it, just when it looked like the game maybe slipping away.

The figures suggest Malik and Buck have bowled well in the second innings.

White back to his usual tricks of going for 5plus an over.

Is this Masters the same Masters that had a stint at Leics? Or did I imagine that? Its definitely the same Masters a few of my friends played against last Saturday.

Leics are really labouring away now and just can't bowl out the tail while Bopara slowly (why so slowly I can't work out) chips away beyond 150 now.

Strange old mindset from Essex, I'd have thought Bopara would cut loose and go big, then they'd stick us in. Naik and Henderson are going for about 1 an over and have been for the past 7 or 8 overs. Doesn't seem like decisive, result cricket from either side.

Having said that, I expect Essex are confident in bowling our lot out in <50 overs.

The figures suggest Malik and Buck have bowled well in the second innings.

White back to his usual tricks of going for 5plus an over.

Is this Masters the same Masters that had a stint at Leics? Or did I imagine that? Its definitely the same Masters a few of my friends played against last Saturday.

Yes the same Masters. A very good county bowler who made a first-class ton for us and proves again today he can bat.

A lead of 300. Is anyone surprised? They may as well declare now, no chance of us making it to tea tomorrow.

A lead of 300. Is anyone surprised? They may as well declare now, no chance of us making it to tea tomorrow.

I'm surprised they have neither declared nor tried to score more quickly. Bopara will make his leisurely way to 200 one would assume before we see a declaration.

A friend of mine who plays a decent standard played against Masters last weekend and said he was the best bowler he's ever faced (and he's faced quite a few from the county circuit, especially Essex/Kent/Surrey bowlers)

A friend of mine who plays a decent standard played against Masters last weekend and said he was the best bowler he's ever faced (and he's faced quite a few from the county circuit, especially Essex/Kent/Surrey bowlers)

He also took a magnificent catch that sticks in my memory in one of our Twenty20 semis which helped swing the match in our favour. Could do with him back at County!

all out now, Henderson nicks the last couple of wickets so no five-for today either - still just the one all season.

315 to win.

No chance

Masters now 5-2 from 4.4 overs after Buck has just gone. 20/6

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673