• Remain

• Leave

• Undecided

• Don't care

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FryattFox

With not long left until the EU referendum on 23rd June, I just wondered how TB would vote currently.

I'm voting Remain, partly because I haven't seen one good reason to leave and partly because I don't want to associate with most of the public groups (EDL, BNP, etc) that are championing Leave.

If you want to look at it purely from a LCFC point of view, there's no way we'd have been able to sign Kante and Mahrez without being in the EU, because they wouldn't have got work permits. Without the freedom of movement in Europe the hidden gems like those players would be signed by teams in the EU instead.

That might of course mean that more English players get a chance and it could lead to an improvement in the England team.

I thought I'd get away from the referendum on here.
I certainly stayed well away from tonight's showdown between 2 guys I wouldn't vote for normally but I imagine I will vote on the 23rd as I voted all those years ago to get the UK in to start with.

That might of course mean that more English players get a chance and it could lead to an improvement in the England team.
Having just read Soccernomics (a great read if anyone is interested!), they hypothesise that a reduction in foreigners in the league would be detrimental to the quality of the England team for various reasons.

Having just read Soccernomics (a great read if anyone is interested!), they hypothesise that a reduction in foreigners in the league would be detrimental to the quality of the England team for various reasons.

What reasons?

I think it might depend on who the foreigners are. Top foreign players will still come because they'll be able to get work permits, so English players can still benefit from playing with and against the best. It's the players who aren't established internationals who won't be able to play here.

Kante possibly would not have got one, or indeed Mahrez. So if our man Walshy has similar players potentially lined up in the Summer it maybe after 23rd they will thereafter not be an option without a lot of hassle, or just not probable at all.

Kante possibly would not have got one, or indeed Mahrez. So if our man Walshy has similar players potentially lined up in the Summer it maybe after 23rd they will thereafter not be an option without a lot of hassle, or just not probable at all.

We won't suddenly leave the EU if there's a leave vote, it will take a couple of years at least. So there will be no worries about signing players this summer. If we do leave though, I don't know what the situation will be for players who are in the middle of a contract.

Exactly. So therefore if you are a French player on a 4 year contract signed in 2016, what will happen in 2018 or thereabouts for an extension. So would you come in the first place and instead go to a European team

What reasons?

I think it might depend on who the foreigners are. Top foreign players will still come because they'll be able to get work permits, so English players can still benefit from playing with and against the best. It's the players who aren't established internationals who won't be able to play here.
That's the main one.

Were we to limit the number of foreign players in the PL then the quality would suffer, which would have a knock on for the English players and the quality of opposition (who almost exclusivity play in England).

It could also lead to a decline in popularity in the PL, reducing investment, etc.

I can't stand Farage and UKIP. I watched his performance in the debate last night and he's a shambolic advocate for leaving the EU. And then Cameron came on and made me shout at the screen even more. What a pair of pricks.

I'm yet to hear anything much from advocates of either side that has added much of substance to the debate. The economic arguments are lame and short sighted. The immigration argument is largely simplistic and narrow minded. Both bore me.

I think the case is overwhelmingly in favour of us leaving. I believe in the people of our country being free to shape and guide our countries future. Being in the EU has led to very little difference between the political parties due to a consensus over 90% of what can be done. We're confined and controlled by an undemocratic legal and political system that has done us no favours. If you go to Brussels or try to influence anything through your MEP, you will soon discover that it is a totally corrupt system.

Nothing radical or progressive can be successfully implemented any more. The positive social policies that are claimed as a direct benefit of our membership of the EU are spurious. They would have happened anyway due to the will of the people of the country.

Having said all this, the remain campaign will be successful because people are fundamentally scared of change.

Given the choice I'd vote for me to remain in the EU & the rest of England to **** off out of it.

The servile English mindset has always jarred with me.The ridiculous monarchy & class system that belong in fairytales & history books,the culture of deference,the endemic xenophobia,the forever banging on about the Good Old Days that never ****ing existed,the widespread stupidity & ignorance,the conviction that the English are somehow better than anyone else (usually most passionately spouted by the sort of people who can't tie their own laces without a ****ing diagram),the casual bullying of anyone lower down the scale in tandem with gutless cowardice when it comes to taking on those above.

Spending large parts of my childhood in Ireland made all of this much more noticeable to me when I hit adulthood.

If my scheming & planning for retirement in 15 years time actually comes off I won't be spending it in this insular hole thats for certain.

It's always the same in dead empires.I imagine 6th century Rome was pretty similar.
The loudest voices ranting about bringing back the Great Days of Empire always belong to people the empire did **** all for at it's height.

I hope to spend my declining years in a small house on a pretty Aegean Island or overlooking a Dutch canal.

So if we do leave,I'll be rejoining personally first chance I get.

Refusing to accept any arguments in favour of a position because you don't like some of the people saying them seems a pretty blinkered approach. There are ****s on both sides of the debate - because life is full of ****s.

The lack of accountability, the unrepresentative nature of the council, the corruption, the flawed legislative process, the CAP, the fisheries policy and the potential for us to be bailing out failing countries ruled my vote (Greece proved it can happen regardless of agreements).

I accept some of the In arguments as well, but discounted all arguments from both sides based on fear or predictions. I accept that there will be an adjustment period effect on the economy.

Voting out doesn't mean I am a nazi, racist, a member of Combat 18, Farage's personal ball-fondler, xenophobic or scared of immigrants.

Voting to remain in the EU isn't only done out of fear, either.

I'm not suggesting anyone is saying that here, but there seems to be an underlying sentiment that that is the case (to me at least).

I don't get this attitude by some that if you vote to leave you are a raging Nazi and if you vote to stay in you are a drooling lefty. There is for and against both options and no matter which way the UK votes it will not all be either doom and damnation or even love and joy.

I don't get this attitude by some that if you vote to leave you are a raging Nazi and if you vote to stay in you are a drooling lefty. There is for and against both options and no matter which way the UK votes it will not all be either doom and damnation or even love and joy.
Agree. There are lots of drooling nazis and raging lefties as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566