Europa League Group C

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, qualify for Europe then immediately **** it off?

Neither player made much difference in the group stage last season. But both were fecked due to injury and fecked up our chances in the EL and top four challenge by being shadows of themselves in the second half of the season.

Neither player made much difference in the group stage last season. But both were fecked due to injury and fecked up our chances in the EL and top four challenge by being shadows of themselves in the second half of the season.

Still name them in the squad though, even if we don't plan to use then

Other than the last minute equalizer that confirmed our qualification out of the group.

We aren't challenging for top 4 this season

What would be the point? If we got CL there'd be folk saying we should leave out our best players for the squad..

We played weakened sides throughout the group stage last season and we qualified easily. This group has two good sides and two shit ones. All we're really playing for is first or second place.

We also played weakened teams in the early rounds of the FA Cup last year and it didn't do us any harm did it?

We played weakened sides throughout the group stage last season and we qualified easily. This group has two good sides and two shit ones. All we're really playing for is first or second place.

We also played weakened teams in the early rounds of the FA Cup last year and it didn't do us any harm did it?
But we always had the opportunity to play them or have them on the bench as they were actually registered for the competition. Leaving them out of the 24 so as not to be able to bring them in for a group decider would be madness.

Tickets for the tie against Napoli now on General sale. Unfortunately I have to wait for confirmation of a funeral date (in Wiltshire) to know whether I can go.

Only first place qualifies 2nd place puts you in a play off against a Champions League 3rd place team

But we always had the opportunity to play them or have them on the bench as they were actually registered for the competition. Leaving them out of the 24 so as not to be able to bring them in for a group decider would be madness.
Exactly. Without a crystal ball there is no way of knowing how much we might need them. It's no good turning up to what you believe is a fist fight with only your hands, before finding out it's a pistol duel and you've left your weapons at home.

Exactly. Without a crystal ball there is no way of knowing how much we might need them. It's no good turning up to what you believe is a fist fight with only your hands, before finding out it's a pistol duel and you've left your weapons at home.

Let's not forget we also got knocked out last season by a team of absolute duffers.....

Would anybody actually select Vardy to start against Napoli?

I see picking him for anything outside PL matches as an act of gross self-destruction of our season. We all know what will happen.

I see an argument for selecting Evans only if he's trying to build fitness.

If we're not going to have a go, then it's pointless qualifying. We ain't going to win the League, and I believe that there are most likely four teams, at least, better than us this this season

In which case we should absolutely prioritise this competition above all others

Best team possible against Napoli - I can't wait

If we're not going to have a go, then it's pointless qualifying. We ain't going to win the League, and I believe that there are most likely four teams, at least, better than us this this season

In which case we should absolutely prioritise this competition above all others

Best team possible against Napoli - I can't wait

But this is a contradictory argument.

I think we'll get through the group easily so we should rotate and protect players for later in the season. That will maximise our chances of winning the EL.

If we smash the group by playing our best side throughout, we're much more likely to be battered and useless when it matters from Feb. The will minimise our chances of winning the EL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669