Euros 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I know your type… you’ll still be down our Lidl for a middle aisle bargain acting all high and mighty.
I’ve never set foot in there. The middle aisle thing intrigues me though, I thought it was all cheap in there, so what constitutes a Lidl bargain?

I’ve never set foot in there. The middle aisle thing intrigues me though, I thought it was all cheap in there, so what constitutes a Lidl bargain?
Double bargain mate, if you’ve got the app the checkout girl gives you a kiss and a coupon for own brand tinned goods.

A grave error having those 3 young men on the last 3 penalties, for many reasons. Not least of which is the weight that puts them under for the rest of their careers. You would expect Southgate of all people to understand that. Shame.

To be generous, you could argue experience told in the end. We weren’t flush with options for spot kicks, and I’m disappointed some of the more senior players didn’t step up.

I’m obvious gutted, but I’m genuinely optimistic about the future. And I’ve ****ing hated watching England for over a decade.

Three stutter pens, three misses. No surprise there.
Utter bollocks in a shootout ain’t it?

I don’t particularly rate Rashford but he can twat a football… and yet…..

That was a weird tournament for me. I used to be a big big England fan, and was always gutted when we inevitably got knocked out of a tournament. Over the past five or so years though, I'm become disillusioned and found the England national side and set up dull and uninspiring. So I found myself kind of not caring about this tournament, and wouldn't have been in the slightest bit upset had Denmark beaten us. To reach the final, I suppose my interest grew, but I still couldn't muster much care in the result, which was inevitable. Italy were by far the better team and deserved to win.

Then, I see the videos of fighting in and around the stadium, hear the booing of the Italian national anthem, read the racist bullshit that followed the shoot out, and I suddenly remember how unlikeable the England national team are, outside of England (and to a degree, inside, too). I know that the twats are small in number, but it's a big enough number to stain us I think, and that's what they represent. A big incidious shit stain on an otherwise nice white shirt.

Congratulations Italy.

My suggestions for revised lyrics:

Football’s coming home = Football’s going Rome

Thirty years of hurt = 3 Pens missed, it hurts

That England's gonna throw it away = (lyrics unchanged)

Jules Rimet still gleaming = Mancini is still beaming

And finally, post match singalong, end with :

"Sweet Caroline, da-da-da" - to be replaced by - "Sweet Fanny Adams, dum-dum-dum"

Still, cheer up - we're the second best team in Europe, eh lads?

Busy day today, lots on the old ‘to do’ list…. Oh and I must remember to log into Instagram and tell Bukayo Saka to get out of my country.

I know it happens every minute of every day regardless of circumstances but it still amazes me and breaks my heart that people like that exist.

Yep, shameful stuff. Bukayo Saka was crap last night but had a great tournament. Regardless, no player deserves and it makes you wander when it happens why it isnt acted on more as this taking a knee shit is clearly not only pointless but actually probably making it worse rather than better...

Yep, shameful stuff. Bukayo Saka was crap last night but had a great tournament. Regardless, no player deserves and it makes you wander when it happens why it isnt acted on more as this taking a knee shit is clearly not only pointless but actually probably making it worse rather than better...
Or are we just more aware of it because it’s being raised as an issue. Hasn’t this stuff always gone on, but it wasn’t getting the publicity that it is now, because of the efforts that are being made?

I don’t know the answers and it’s obviously not going to get eradicated overnight, but if there are people who are the victims of this telling me that they want to do it, who am I to say they shouldn’t?

Busy day today, lots on the old ‘to do’ list…. Oh and I must remember to log into Instagram and tell Bukayo Saka to get out of my country.

I know it happens every minute of every day regardless of circumstances but it still amazes me and breaks my heart that people like that exist.
And what will happen is a short period of “isn’t it awful that people can say such things on social media etc etc”

only way to stop it is to request ID when setting up an account. Otherwise anonymous people are always gonna ve exactly that, and will always take the opportunity to be pricks.

Be interesting to see what people would have said if Slabhead had missed his.

I ****ing hate this shit stain of a country sometimes.

A load of racist, little minded wankers ruled by a racist dullard ****.

It's easy to see after the fact why I was so underwhelmed by the whole thing.

Patriotism my ****ing arse. There really is less and less to be proud of here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669