Euros 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

TornadoShaunUK

Italy have been excellent. Game management now but that first half was the perfect example how to play against a team sitting back. By contrast Belgium looked a bit clueless presented with the same situation and were relying a lot on the counter attack. Have looked more if a threat second half though...

tedfoxxx

I think England would beat Spain but lose to Italy if they get to the final.

give_us_a_wave

The most important thing though of course is that my pre tournament bets are looking good. Italy to win it at 12/1 & Spain at 10/1 can now be left well alone til the final & then hedged out for a nice profit. Also got Denmark at 28/1 plus I chucked a couple of quid at the Czechs when they were 120/1 so all looking very relaxed.

Only downside is the top scorer bets are both in the toilet. Lukaku & Benzema stuck on 4 each & on the plane home still 1 behind that **** Ronaldo & his ****ing penalties. Can't win em all I guess. Still, looking good for a quality night out the week after the final.

Oh...& the outsider punt on Turkey was exactly that...a ****ing turkey. Less said about that the better.

He's coming home, he's coming home, Youri's coming home.

Good game. The Italians move the ball around pretty sharpish like. Impressive. They also hit the deck at the slightest. Not impressive. I think Italy are the team to beat. I watched a couple of their previous games and I think they're just a bit hot at the moment. Maybe likely to implode if things aren't going their way but as long as they're in control, I can't see any side left getting the better of them.

Edit: when Praet came on, I thought that the game would be too quick for him. Did he actually contribute? I saw him take a throw in but I don't recall him being much other than trot around trying to be useful. Genuine question btw.

parafox

Never mind Italy, Denmark would be a very difficult team for this England team to get past. Like Italy, they're greater than the sum of their parts.

fitz

Why do commentators pronounce Braithwaite differently throughout games? Sometimes Brath and sometimes Braith.....could understand 2 different people pronouncing it differently but not the same person in the space of 5 minutes.

TornadoShaunUK

Maybe not for much longer, but still can't believe Braithwaite turns out for Barcelona. He is absolute tripe.

Patrick Schick has had an impressive tournament for the Czechs.

homer

Nothing to fear amongst these two complete duffers

Get past Ukraine tonight and it’s beat the eyeties to win it

Easy Peasy

Graz

Maybe not for much longer, but still can't believe Braithwaite turns out for Barcelona. He is absolute tripe.

I was thinking the same. Even as a last resort, how was he ever an option for them?

Not even sure how is he in the Denmark team

Graz

Commentator not sure about Kasper keeping there but I thought that was a great block.

Decided late that there was danger and reacted very quickly and decisively.

fitz

We could easily **** it up against Ukraine tonight.

Ture. We came very close to letting an utterly shite German team score the other night. Could've ended up very different. Ukraine is an odd one to call IMO as they like playing dull football....do both teams sit deep and take turns passing across the back?

fitz

Patrick Schick has had an impressive tournament for the Czechs.

Agree based on this tournament and what i saw of him at Boro.....i don't watch any spanish football, is he that shit when he gets to play there? Tbh I'd not sign Kane or Mbappe based on this tournament so could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669