Post Match Everton 2 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cambiasso was class today. Thought as soon as he went off we would struggle the rest of the game without him. Was brilliant all over the pitch.

I like the system, think it actually works quite well - the only problem is that Kramaric gets too isolated. But, Schlupp was drifting into the box a lot and then Vardy/Nugent gave us more support up there too.

Very impressed by Huth.

It allows us to counter attack without fear. Defend deep and hit teams with the pace of the wingers on the counter. We simply are not domintant enough in possession, so we have to crowd teams out whether it's 5 in defence or 5 in midfield.

I think BM was pointing that you said Counter Productive, then we on to say how productive the formation is.

It was a shame that we helped Everton to equalise in the last few minutes but I do not think if we had young centre backs in for the ageing Morgan and Upson they would have done any better against a £28million striker.

It was wonderful to see the two impact subs make an immediate impact!

I am certain the 'Pearson Out' brigade were still bleating about how idiotic it was to take off Mahrez and Schlupp when Nugent fired in the first goal!

I am happy that Pearson is using his experienced players. Cambiasso has astonishing control, presence and reading of the game. I am sure he is quite embarrassed at times that he is playing with players no where near his class, who are not reading the game as fast as he is and not reacting or anticipating fast enough!

Taken by itself- a creditable performance. Although Everton seem downgraded in the PL this season through participation in the Europa League, we rarely do well at Goodison.

1 point better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick - but doesn't hurt those above us in the table.

We are already well and truly stuffed and oven ready in the league this season but performance is very important in the longer term. The first stage of an improvement would be to show this better type of performance more consistently and then try to get at least 30 points. Won't be easy.

Cambiasso has astonishing control, presence and reading of the game. I am sure he is quite embarrassed at times that he is playing with players no where near his class, who are not reading the game as fast as he is and not reacting or anticipating fast enough![/QUOTE]

Possibly - but if you see the close ups on the TV and their facial expressions Cambiasso (and Nugent as well) actually seem to be enjoying playing - even if it is for the bottom PL team. Says a lot about attitude of the two players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566