Post Match Everton 2 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decent performance, fair result.

We've finally found the right shape to suit our squad. It can be 5-4-1 if required but can also be 3-4-3 or a couple of variations in between. The extra central defender and a taller keeper* make us look far less vulnerable from set pieces too.

However, several players are not comfortable with that system at the moment. Both full backs are not playing it correctly. Apart from Huth, the central defenders are also hit and miss. They just need to work fecking hard on the training ground. Although Everton were very poor, when they did attack us, they found gaps in our defence too easily.

The midfield duo pick themselves from now on in. Both have strengths and weaknesses, but we cannot do any better.

The forward line needs work still. Kramaric must play. As must Mahrez, although I think he's much more effective and creative on the left side. Schlupp is a talent and we need him in the team but I'm all for him in the wing back role now. That would allow us to include Ulloa.

I've been a firm supporter of Simpson being in the side, mainly because De Laet is terrible. However, his performances have been poor recently. Might it be worth trying Moore in that right wing back role? The additional pace of Moore and Schlupp in those roles could make a world of difference to our ability to get forward and back during matches.

* he's far superior to Hamer and Schmeichel at everything except shot stopping. Unfortunately, shot stopping is quite important! For me, much depends on whether he's spilling things because he's rusty or because he's old. If it's the latter, we can't afford to play him.

He had a very poor game. Looked so far off the pace and I swear he has a limp in his run.
On the replay, it looked like he unluckily headed the ball past Schw -you-know -who but Lukaku's effort may still have gone in anyway
Kam had a real chance in injury time to score the winner for us when he was through on goal, but he blasted high and wide - welcome to playing for Leicester,
Generally - a really good effort from City, but again - oh so little reward

On the replay, it looked like he unluckily headed the ball past Schw -you-know -who but Lukaku's effort may still have gone in anyway
Kam had a real chance in injury time to score the winner for us when he was through on goal, but he blasted high and wide - welcome to playing for Leicester,
Generally - a really good effort from City, but again - oh so little reward
Lukaku's effort was poor and would have gone wide. Can't blame Upson for trying though. Phil Thompson, who was a pundit on Norwegian TV2, thought Upson had a solid game and was unlucky with the own goal.

We were okay, nothing more. Taking Cambiasso off for a more attacking midfielder with five go go and in the lead was bizarre but Pearson's earlier changes did have an obvious positive impact.

Unfortunately we're now at the stage where draws against average teams aren't good enough. The opportunity was lost in Pearson's appalling management throughout the games which followed the United victory in the autumn. I can just see us getting results from our favourable run in and coming heart-breakingly close, being left bemoaning Burnley's late equaliser and the decision to play four central midfielders at home against West ****ing Brom. What a waste.

Cambiasso asked to come off.

Personally i I was screaming at the telly to take Kramaric off and bring on another midfielder to crowd out the space in front of the 18 yard box.

If we play this formation at home, it has to become a 3-5-2 with Schlupp and De Laet as wing backs.

Cambiasso asked to come off.

Personally i I was screaming at the telly to take Kramaric off and bring on another midfielder to crowd out the space in front of the 18 yard box.

If we play this formation at home, it has to become a 3-5-2 with Schlupp and De Laet as wing backs.

I'm sure he could have handled another ten minutes. If not then your suggestion was another possible solution. It was a bit of a brain dead change.

Nigel Pearson "I can't do too much about what is being speculated. I always do my job as conscientiously as I can and I will continue to do that until I am told otherwise. I'm committed to job and that's all you need to know."

What is the speculation and what was the question that produced his response? Just curious to know.

Nigel Pearson "I can't do too much about what is being speculated. I always do my job as conscientiously as I can and I will continue to do that until I am told otherwise. I'm committed to job and that's all you need to know."

What is the speculation and what was the question that produced his response? Just curious to know.

I didn't hear the question, but I think the Sky reporter was keen to ask him again about his future live on camera. It's probably been their first real chance since the madness of a couple of weeks ago.

I didn't hear the question, but I think the Sky reporter was keen to ask him again about his future live on camera. It's probably been their first real chance since the madness of a couple of weeks ago.

He's been asked the question a few times since then in post match and pre match press conferences, but they keep bringing it up again.

Battling performance, excellent subs by Pearson, fair result with both sides missing some guilt edged chances. Still think both full backs need replacing so we have more energy would Deffo have De Laet and Schlupp playing those roles, maybe this system will suit Vardy who looked confident and lively. Also need to bring back Hamer.

Would possibly revert to a back 4 for home games and bring Hammond into midfield as the holder and allow Cambiasso and James to push further forward offering Kramaric more support as I did feel at times he looked isolated on his own.

Players again couldn't be faulted for effort, commitment and application, still playing for the manager and you could see how much the 2nd goal meant to the players.......off the back of that performance Pearson has gone some way to redeem himself for last weeks shambles, but we have to start picking up wins.

Albrighton wasn't even in the bench. Was he injured?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In general terms, a draw at Goodison Park was a good result but, in context of our current position, it is of little use. A win might have given us an outside chance of an outside chance of surviving, but a draw is simply another game chalked off without one of five to six victories necessary for retaining our league status.

I can hear the calls of, "Stone him!", as I write but, is anyone else a little less than impressed that we have played a back five and still conceded two goals to the mighty Villa and the seriously misfiring Everton in our last two matches? :102:

In general terms, a draw at Goodison Park was a good result but, in context of our current position, it is of little use. A win might have given us an outside chance of an outside chance of surviving, but a draw is simply another game chalked off without one of five to six victories necessary for retaining our league status.

I can hear the calls of, "Stone him!", as I write but, is anyone else a little less than impressed that we have played a back five and still conceded two goals to the mighty Villa and the seriously misfiring Everton in our last two matches? :102:

True - we will need a back six against Hull if we don't want to concede - oh and add on a goal keeper

The back five is counter productive to our attacking when used against the right opposition. The wingers get more opportunity to attack without any regard. The centre midfielders don't have to play like box to box midfielders. It's going to be a constant moan all season but I think we've got to the stage where we can not afford to play two upfront. We need to crowd teams out, man to man we are not good enough. So we have to make it difficult. More of these type of draws at Newcastle, QPR, Villa rather than naive attacking for three. That's 21 points and we are a point off (plus the Burnley late goal....)

would have been closer if Slop had have taken his 5 chances.

It's a shame he's so unintelligent in a footballing sense. wastes so many opportunities, which is why we are going down.

Can't complain about point at Everton, but our defending gifted them a result, as usual.

I actually think the formation is ok, it's certain personnel that need changing, would definitely bring Hamer back in goal, bring De Laet in for Simpson, move Schlupp back to left back to replace Konchesky and based on Vardy's cameo today this system looks like one in which he could flourish.

That would give us a far quicker team in particular in full back areas where I think we looked exposed today, also given that this is predominately a counter attacking formation, we need to have pace and outlets so we can increase the tempo.

For the home games with the exception of Chelsea I would drop one of the central defenders and bring in Hammond to supplement the midfield

Oh, Cambiasso shit all over every player on that pitch, the fact he's bowing out with us is an absolute travesty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566