Everton ?2m raid on Leicester for teenage left-back Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Everton £2m raid on Leicester for teenage left-back Joe

Not bothered.

Que sera sera.

I am quite happy to ignore all this shit until the first game of the season and then check out who plays for us and who doesn't. Ignore or go mental?

Go mental! Always pick go mental. Ignoring it gives us nothing to do..

aaron ramsay went for £5m we should turn the £2m down but mm will probably snap their hands off

Is Mattock as good as Ramsay though? I doubt it. I can't say Mattock is all that good from what I've seen of him over the last 2 seasons. £2m is about right.

Mattock is nowhere near Ramsey class hence TOP 4 not iterested having said that its crazy to pay 2 mill for somebody who has no chance of playing in the first team yet with Baines stll about (not for the first time they did it with Plymouths Gosling ) makes sense to loan him back to us !

Mattock is nowhere near Ramsey class hence TOP 4 not iterested having said that its crazy to pay 2 mill for somebody who has no chance of playing in the first team yet with Baines stll about (not for the first time they did it with Plymouths Gosling ) makes sense to loan him back to us !

Someone on FT claims that he will be immediately loaned to Reading for a year(presumably to gain experience). It sounds feasible to me.

The Liverpool Echo say Everton have “no interest” in City starlet Joe Mattock. An Everton spokesman said: “We will not comment on speculation surrounding players contracted to other clubs.”

From the Leicester Mercury

Good. Hopefully all the rest leave him alone too!

Joe Mattock won't be here for the start of the season,not a chance IMO

like you say very few have, on the flip side what about him putting HIS career first rather than let sentiment get in the way

playing in another teams reserves and if lucky been on their bench isnt good for your career.

looking back in the nineties leicester turned big money for joachim only to sell a few seasons later to aston villa for peanuts.

so inhindsight it might not be a bad idea to cash in for mattock.

or we could hold on to him hoping he really improves,in turn boost his valuation

what do you think?

looking back in the nineties leicester turned big money for joachim only to sell a few seasons later to aston villa for peanuts.

so inhindsight it might not be a bad idea to cash in for mattock.

or we could hold on to him hoping he really improves,in turn boost his valuation

what do you think?

I'd rather he just turned into a quality left back and helped us back in the premiership. I'm not interested on 'cashing in' on any of our players because we shouldn't have to do that with Milan's money.

Good point. Cant think of many youngsters that have left the city last few years and gone onto to do anything else that was bigger and better.

Actually I cant think of any players full stop who have significantly progressed career wise after leaving us!

Actually I cant think of any players full stop who have significantly progressed career wise after leaving us!
Heskey didn't do too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670