Match Thread Everton v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought we played reasonably well that half, but y'know, how many times have we seen and said that this season?

What a tedious half of football. I'm amazed people think we're playing well because we're frustrating a midtable side. We're just lucky they're as shit as we are. Make no mistake, this is awful.

Everton really aren't that good. Their finishing has been awful.

Poor for the first 30 mins but definitely coming into the match now.

As with quite a few games, I'm not sure you'd necessarily know which team was bottom of the league.

We can win this.

These look shit to me. Their fans are obviously annoyed.

Kramaric is our best player.

Only concern for me is the Upson/Konchesky side against Lennon and Lukaku looks shaky.

Schlupp confuses me. Sometimes he is really good but he seems to have next to no tactical awareness. He's an enigma

An excellent first half by us. Better team, in my humble opinion

Spot on tactcs here from Peestain. Like it

Schlupp confuses me. Sometimes he is really good but he seems to have next to no tactical awareness. He's an enigma

That bit of skill where he chested down, controlled with his right and volleyed with his left was really nice.

He is a frustrating player at times though. Lacks consistency.

Last edited:
I thought we played reasonably well that half, but y'know, how many times have we seen and said that this season?

Not sure we've played 25 games this season - but we've shown up in the second half against Arsenal, Everton, Liverpool, Man utd etc, you know the average teams

But no no it must be that Everton are shit. No way can we ever be playing well under Pee Stain.

Fully expect a repeat of last week, Everton to come out in 2nd half and raise the tempo and bag a couple. We are looking dangerous on occasions but in general our ball retention has been poor and poor old Kramaric is pretty isolated.

Lennon looks very dangerous when he gets one on one with Konchesky. Schlupp has been our most dangerous attacking threat but has lacked composure and quality at vital time.

Agreed. Hopefully we can grab a goal early in the second half, but otherwise we'll need to take Morgan off for Ulloa I think.

Kramaric looks a good player. Very good on the ball.
Schlupp is playing well
Mahrez needs to release the ball earlier at times

What a tedious half of football. I'm amazed people think we're playing well because we're frustrating a midtable side. We're just lucky they're as shit as we are. Make no mistake, this is awful.

Put in the context of the recent Stoke, ManU & Villa games... we're playing "reasonably well".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669