Ex-players and managers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ex-players (the thread nobody's been waiting for)

Steve Guppy now selling fancy garages with his brother.
our_company.jpg
[h=1]We are an established, hard working family run business. Our oak frames have a reputation for their attention to detail and our work can be found throughout the United Kingdom. There is always a project underway and we encourage potential clients to come and see the quality by arranging a site visit. [/h]Every one of our oak frames is carefully installed by our team of craftsmen, their experience enables us to maintain the quality of each frame installation whilst delivering the clients project on time. We are entirely flexible with what we are able to cut and often engage in interesting bespoke projects alongside the full range of oak framed garages that we offer.
Our passion for oak is reflected within the detail of our frames, these details provide our clients with an attractive structure which stands the tests of time. Adding value to a property is an important decision which is why we like to demonstrate the craftsmanship, detail and the benefits of choosing one of our traditional oak frames.

Director | The Classic Barn Company

http://www.oakgarages.com/our-company

Steve Guppy still looks about 12.

He could do with a shirt that fits him. Maybe his mum bought it and gave him the old 'you'll grow into it' line.

Still probably my favourite City winger.

I thought Guppy was a coach for MON at Sunderland?

Still not sure why we let him go.
Seemed more than competent for us, and at a time when the jury was out on PKs performances.
Oh well, we move on....
Couldn't fault his effort, but was caught out of position too much for my liking. Hope he goes on to do well, but not quite good enough IMO.

More on the Michael Johnson story behind the Times paywall this morning. Basically, hard to know whether the booze and gambling led to the abdominal injuries or vice-versa. Compared to the genuine hard luck story of Paul Lake who was the Man City prodigy in the late 1980s (alongside Taggs and Lenny!) crocked at 20 then spent five years in the futile task of returning to match fitness. Lake makes the point (see Darren Eadie etc) that the worst thing, and a factor in his depression as his career unravelled and ended, was the humiliation and embarassment that he was a disappointment to the fans. Conclusion, Johnson's misfortune should be taken seriously, though not necessarily with overwhelming sympathy, and that a comeback isn't out of the question - if that is what he wants.

Last edited:

Mental health is every bit as significant a disability as a knee injury if you ask me.

But I'm sure it's more complicated than that and I haven't read the article so can't speculate.

David Stockdale has gone back to Hull on loan.

Last edited:

Peter Houston to leave Dundee United at the end of the season.

With Strachan and McGhee in place I see Scotland are looking to continue their recent tradition of not getting to a major tournament.

Gary Lineker has apparently left Twitter for 'personal reasons'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669