Favourite City Moment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Claridge x 2 for me against Palace and 'Boro.

Hillsborough was also a good game for me the first year in the Prem under O'Neill (the massive **** & awful manager). Even though we lost 2-1, I was mascot that day :)
agree on both

It would be easy to say one of the obvious choices of the play-off games or cup wins, but i'd pick a game that most non supporting City fans wouldnt have a clue about.
Surviving by the skin of our teeth against Oxford to avoid dropping to the 3rd tier for the 1st time.
We started the day in the bottom 3 and the pressure was really on. W.B.A were away at Bristol, and a victory for them would send us down. When the Albion finished 1-1 we still had about 3 or 4 mis to hold on to our 1-0 lead. The atmosphere between the final whistle going at Bristol and until the end of our game was incredible. The tension had built up during the week, and the eventual happy ending was etched on most peoples faces that day. Tony James will probaly never be noticed in the footballing world, but he will always be a unsung hero of LCFC

I listened to Heskey's boro equalizer via a phone held next to a radio. That was pretty big.

Also, I was at the Swindon game, I was 12 and I bawled my eyes out. That game had absolutely everything bar the result.

Worst moment: the Bolton 2-2 draw at xmas against 9 men was pretty grim. And Stoke, obviously.

I think this is worth a mention - especially given the kind of football we had seen under CL

[video=youtube_share;MhAchC9u98o]http://youtu.be/MhAchC9u98o[/video]

The whole season in Division 3. Relaxed, friendly (apart from the xenophobic City ****s in Hereford) and a stack of new grounds. I don't remember a single complaint about pies, hot chocolate or chains either.

There was a game against Man Utd when they stuffed us and confirmed our relegation.

About three quarters through the game all of Filbo stood up and sang 'stand up if you love Leicester' that seemed to go on forever.

Great show of unity that day.

There was a game against Man Utd when they stuffed us and confirmed our relegation.

About three quarters through the game all of Filbo stood up and sang 'stand up if you love Leicester' that seemed to go on forever.

Ahhhh that was fantastic, shame it went on to become the most over used, annoying and shite songs in the history of the world.

It was amazing when it had meaning, although I dare say that these days if we got relegated from the Premier it would be more likely to be met by boos.

Last edited:
The Steve Thompson equaliser against Swindon to make it 3-3.

Last edited:
The Steve Thompson equaliser against Swindon to make it 3-3.

I know this conversation has been had before and yes I realise that we eventually lost the game, but I agree with this. If I had to pick a "moment" then this would be it, absolute ecstasy and mayhem in the stands.

My favourite moment at Filbo was probably the playoff semi final second leg against Tranmere (can't remember the year). They had a good team at the time and, when Nixon got sent off near the end, the ground was rocking.

I know this conversation has been had before and yes I realise that we eventually lost the game, but I agree with this. If I had to pick a "moment" then this would be it, absolute ecstasy and mayhem in the stands.

My favourite moment at Filbo was probably the playoff semi final second leg against Tranmere (can't remember the year). They had a good team at the time and, when Nixon got sent off near the end, the ground was rocking.

:038: a moment amongst a few that still makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

Play off semi against Cambridge when we won 5-0 (5-1?) anyone?

Promotion this season will be right up there!

I'd go for those two Claridge goals as well though. Too young to remember the Walshie one properly.

The 4-0 against Leeds with Nalis's wonder goal beats is definitely up there in terms of league games though. Oh, and the 4-0 15 minute rout against Derby!

That Spurs FA Cup win under Levein somebody posted was pretty special though. Was at uni for that one and had to borrow one of the girl's rooms because she was the only one that could get signal. Elvis Hammond (ankle), Hughes and De Vries as the scorers though... great game for us, but a reminder of some of the shite we've had to endure over the last decade.

God bless Nigel Pearson.

Last edited:
This was a good day too.

We had been on a fantastic unbeaten streak and MK were one of our closest rivals. Losing that day felt like it could be a turning point. When Maxi scored that goal I was pretty sure we were going up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Taking the lead at Arsenal in the last game of their 'Unbeatables' season or failing that, the time Neil Lewis thought he'd been sent off and walked - having to be dragged out of the early bath ten minutes later.

My favourite moment has to be shaking Steve Claridge's hand as he ran behind the goal at Wembley after scoring against Palace, OH hates this because she was too short to reach over the safety fencing :icon_bigg

Had some brilliant days in the league 1 season as well.

Last edited:
It would be easy to say one of the obvious choices of the play-off games or cup wins, but i'd pick a game that most non supporting City fans wouldnt have a clue about.
Surviving by the skin of our teeth against Oxford to avoid dropping to the 3rd tier for the 1st time.
We started the day in the bottom 3 and the pressure was really on. W.B.A were away at Bristol, and a victory for them would send us down. When the Albion finished 1-1 we still had about 3 or 4 mis to hold on to our 1-0 lead. The atmosphere between the final whistle going at Bristol and until the end of our game was incredible. The tension had built up during the week, and the eventual happy ending was etched on most peoples faces that day. Tony James will probaly never be noticed in the footballing world, but he will always be a unsung hero of LCFC

Unforgettable!

I remember a game in the 99/00 season when we lost to West Ham 3-1 at home. We had to field almost a reserve/youth team due to the amount of injuries we had at the time.

After the third goal went in the whole crowd started singing "We're proud of you, we're proud of you..." and the players got clapped off at full time after giving everything they had.

Not often you feel proud to be a Leicester fan!

Has to be King's goal against Cardiff for me. Being there in that moment, hot-dog in hand, was brilliant.

I didn't get to watch much football when I was younger so I cannot remember the cup/play-off finals very well.

The whole season in Division 3. Relaxed, friendly (apart from the xenophobic City ***** in Hereford) and a stack of new grounds. I don't remember a single complaint about pies, hot chocolate or chains either.
Fond memories of that season as well. A mid-week stop-over in a wonderful home-brew pub at Yeovil posiibly being the highlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669