Post Match FC Copenhagen 0 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Beeb. I find it hard to believe, unless it means English teams:

Hard to beat
FC Copenhagen 0-0 Leicester
Posted at 21:51
Leicester are the first team to not lose any of their first four games in the Champions League. That is very impressive.

Keep dreaming.

It's written in Uncle Claudio's magic stars

And I just read the match thread. 'Kin hell you miserable bastards. It's not like you spent thousands of pounds watching a 0-0 draw freezing your knackers off, is it?

Good result if you ask me.

Still worth it though as if it wasn't for the price of beer or that ****ing wind, Copenhagen would be up there with the best cities I have visited.

Saw a small amount of trouble in the centre but seemed to be our lot causing it and all locals have been nothing but welcoming to us, even had a couple of beers bought for me as the locals were still gobsmacked we won the league! Hard to say no even though I agreed entirely!

This Vardy situation is very concerning though. I feel like his chances of scoring are about the same as Gary Johnson's chances of becoming president.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

And I just read the match thread. 'Kin hell you miserable bastards. It's not like you spent thousands of pounds watching a 0-0 draw freezing your knackers off, is it?

Good result if you ask me.

but we'd have liked to.

I'll have those marbles, thank you very much.

You. You posted at the top of the screendump with your question.
Damn it. I just lost my last remaining marbles.

Saw a small amount of trouble in the centre but seemed to be our lot causing it and all locals have been nothing but welcoming to us

We did have some complete Neanderthal buffoons there last night, so not overly surprised.

I thought our support was pretty quiet last night. Nothing like the Brugge game.

We did have some complete Neanderthal buffoons there last night, so not overly surprised.

I thought our support was pretty quiet last night. Nothing like the Brugge game.

Because the plastics were able to get tickets.

Understandably nervous for the first half hour, but once it became obvious Copenhagen lacked a cutting edge, relaxed into it and ended up appreciating a high class shutting-out job.

I'm confident the misfiring stars will deliver when it is necessary. The real progress is that our less able players are regaining their form of April 2015-May 2016. Improving concentration, communication and positioning - starting to look like a team unit again.

Good job.

Because the plastics were able to get tickets.

It's true. It was full of people who will travel to Copenhagen to an away game, but not down the road to West Brom or Stoke.

Never mind the attractiveness of the performance this is a brilliant result.

I'm fine with freedom of speech but it would be good if some posters could apply a bit of self-restraint. Not going to happen I know.

Never mind the attractiveness of the performance this is a brilliant result.

I'm fine with freedom of speech but it would be good if some posters could apply a bit of self-restraint. Not going to happen I know.

I don't think anyone has said it wasn't a great result. However the performance was diabolical and rightly criticised.

It was a very lucky result - I don't think we could have complained if we had lost 3-0.

I don't think anyone has said it wasn't a great result. However the performance was diabolical and rightly criticised.

It was a very lucky result - I don't think we could have complained if we had lost 3-0.

They were nullified. No sign of them scoring 3 goals; in fact I never expected them to score any the way the game unfolded. We cancelled them out. Players did their job. Some didn't look on form or very comfortable but they did what was needed for the football club.

Have you never watched Champions League football before?

Many games are like the one last night - mind numbingly dull. We went there to not lose and 'ruin' the game and we did this very effectively.

Ranieri knew exactly what he was doing. He judged that Copenhagen weren't good enough to create chances if we disrupted the flow of the game enough.

Athletico Madrid have been very successful in this competition with this very approach.

They were nullified. No sign of them scoring 3 goals; in fact I never expected them to score any the way the game unfolded.

Ranieri knew exactly what he was doing. He judged that Copenhagen weren't good enough to create chances if we disrupted the flow of the game enough.

I must have been watching a different game to you both. In the game I watched, Copenhagen created so many goalscoring chances and the only reason they didn't score was for some woeful finishing. If their strikers could hit a cows arse with a banjo, we'd have been on the end of a tonking.

Have you never watched Champions League football before?

Many games are like the one last night - mind numbingly dull. We went there to not lose and 'ruin' the game and we did this very effectively.

Athletico Madrid have been very successful in this competition with this very approach.

Exactly.

I used to have a good old moan in the days when we had managers who were serial poor strategists but it's just embarrassing when there is a stream of criticism when we have a smart manager and players who are able to stick to the task set out.

Not having a go at City Fan incidentally - there have been far crazier comments from others both during and since the game.

I know it's 'ifs buts and maybes' but if Kasper hadn't made the extraordinary save at the end and we lost 1-0, would both of your reactions to the performance be the same as it is now?

They skied at least 3 shots which were from good positions.

We didn't nullify them as much as you think we did, they were just unable to take advantage of some good chances.

The tempo of the game in the 1st half was so slow it was actually hard to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669