Feck off Kelly..................

Status
Not open for further replies.
GUYS, can i just point out just how tight that league table is, we maybe 3 points off the drop but we're only 10 points off a playoff place. We have a young squad and can't expect instant success. I think Kelly is a realist in terms that he wasn't getting carried away when we were on an 8 game unbeaten run, and he's not panicking now, i think we'll be ok. . and getting on the back of Kelly is good for nobody!

So that means we are significantly more likely to get relegated than get anywhere near the play offs

It's Fantasy Island stuff to believe in that

The board dropped a major bollock when they let people like Davies go and appointed Kelly, but we are stuck with him til the end of the season IMO

No they were trying to avoid paying out compensation to his existing club

No they were trying to avoid paying out compensation to his existing club

Or none of those people wanted to come?

If the board had no intention of paying compensation and going for the cheap option, then why did they speak to so many managers, who were all at clubs, before appointing RK?

I'm sure part of the decision was based on him being cheaper than the other options - but I think the other options were probably pretty limited as well.

I'm with you BG, 1 from 15 is sackable. We have had 2 runs this season that have both been relegation runs. The opening 10 games, and this run now. Sackable.

too true Melton, too true.....

Or none of those people wanted to come?

If the board had no intention of paying compensation and going for the cheap option, then why did they speak to so many managers, who were all at clubs, before appointing RK?

I'm sure part of the decision was based on him being cheaper than the other options - but I think the other options were probably pretty limited as well.

feck off..... these people came to the interview because they wanted the job, but on the other hand the board needed to be seen to be doing something to get a manager. They knew they were going to appoint from within all along.

San, would you tip the chef if he served you up a crap meal at a restaurant.

Or would you say " you are a young chef, I am sure the food will improve in 2 years time"......

Would you kill the chef if he served you a crap meal once after giving you plenty of good ones?

The form we had under Kelly last season was great. This season has been pretty poor, but up until the last few games we were sat in mid-table still, which at the start of the season I think most people said they'd be pleased with.
If we win our next 2 games we'd be back in mid-table and probably back to being closer to the playoffs than relegation.

Would you kill the chef if he served you a crap meal once after giving you plenty of good ones?

The form we had under Kelly last season was great. This season has been pretty poor, but up until the last few games we were sat in mid-table still, which at the start of the season I think most people said they'd be pleased with.
If we win our next 2 games we'd be back in mid-table and probably back to being closer to the playoffs than relegation.

If we lose them we'll be in the bottom three

I do think there's a danger that because Kelly seems to be such a nice bloke that he is almost immune from criticism. If not immune then at least getting a lower level of disparagement.

I'm not sure either whether it's the impending takeover of the club that's contributed to the sense of limbo at the moment. For example the post match threads are significantly shorter than with comparable periods under CL.

It's the nice guy thing that has enabled Glenn Roeder to keep getting jobs despite having a CV which is so bad he's like the bermuda triangle of football managers.

Worrying times,

The quality of football has been poor and is getting worse, we can all see that

Kelly is getting an easy ride treatment wise, because the last manager was so bad and ‘we are lucky to still have a club’ etc all of a sudden mediocrity is ok for some

The board can’t appoint a new manager, if Kelly goes soon the first team caretaker options are poor.. GK coach and a former assistant at mighty Bury so basically were in limbo

He does give over the vibes of a dead man walking and I think he would dance a jig if he could go back to the role he was happy in.

MM is seen as the messiah, and lets pray it happens, can only speculate what action the board would take now (if any) if the takeover wasn’t imminent

ive noticed Kelly does always say the right things in the media he says the things that try to re-assure the fans you always here him say theres positives in a match even when we lose 3-1, they will always try out and win every match although 1 point was great vs Cov.

Mr. Nice guy Kelly i think will stay for now; if you heard Andrew Taylor's interview about MM few weeks ago he seems to think RK is a nice guy.

Personally i think if any manager of any club fails to win a league match in 10 games he should be sacked no matter what he has achieved in the football club.
But i do seem to remember before October we were losing a few matches then we saw our next few matches like Sunderland, Blues, Southampton, Leeds and Palace etc and we went unbeaten in that good spell vs good sides

ive noticed Kelly does always say the right things in the media he says the things that try to re-assure the fans you always here him say theres positives in a match even when we lose 3-1, they will always try out and win every match although 1 point was great vs Cov.

Mr. Nice guy Kelly i think will stay for now; if you heard Andrew Taylor's interview about MM few weeks ago he seems to think RK is a nice guy.

Personally i think if any manager of any club fails to win a league match in 10 games he should be sacked no matter what he has achieved in the football club.
But i do seem to remember before October we were losing a few matches then we saw our next few matches like Sunderland, Blues, Southampton, Leeds and Palace etc and we went unbeaten in that good spell vs good sides

That's what I'm worried about.

This team can do better. You would expect a team in and around the bottom reaches of the table to have been found out at some point and spanked by someone but we haven't lost a single game by a margin of more than two goals in any competition since the opening day of last season.

That's what I'm worried about.

This team can do better. You would expect a team in and around the bottom reaches of the table to have been found out at some point and spanked by someone but we haven't lost a single game by a margin of more than two goals in any competition since the opening day of last season.

That may be true but we have drawn and lost you don't need to be spanked

The score line makes no difference to the points (goal difference not an issue at the moment..hopefully)

Content with getting a point out of a game obviously not much greater than a win

would rather see us stuffed and come back fighting to make up for it in later games

Maybe i'm dreamin

I've had enough of this shite you are serving up.

Get rid now, and quick. 1 point out of the last 15 is just not good enough. We dont have to wait for MM to come in before sacking the useless git as the club is not in his control yet. Come on LCFC board do something to show you have bollux and the club at heart.

Yeah lets change manager AGAIN and then let the players have to get used to yet another style of playing and then in 12 months we can sack him and keep on in that style forever, good plan.

Yeah lets change manager AGAIN and then let the players have to get used to yet another style of playing and then in 12 months we can sack him and keep on in that style forever, good plan.
What would you do Maffyou?

We've been missing that Steve Walsh character for some time, looking at the squad, i really cant see a Mr. Leicester City

Stick with Kelly. he's had no money and done a good job looking at all the matches he has been in charge. if t hings get significantly worse look to change but we need some stability and i thin Kelly is the right man for the job.

We aint goin to have a mr.Leicester City for some time unless we stick with a manager and get some loyalty goin in the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363