Ferreira Flys In!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i did tell you he was coming carnt remember where though

Was it roughly the same time as the Sky Sports article that said we were interested in him about 3 weeks ago...

It is by no means a surprise. It just seems it has now become a reality because certain individuals who may have been against the signing are now no longer at the club.

Manderbitch has had his way.

You can delude yourself if you like, but I know a fella whose opinion I trust, who has watched him play live 7-8 times. He reckons he's a steaming great pile of shite. His recent record suggests the same. He's a right winger too (which we don't need).

What do you want me to do, claim we've just signed the next Ronaldo?

But then its all opinion.

As I posted earlier, an acquaintance of mine, Benfica supporter, reckons that, while he made little impact there, he is OK & would be excellent at championship level.

And though largely used as a right winger he can play either side, or in the middle.

But then its all opinion.

As I posted earlier, an acquaintance of mine, Benfica supporter, reckons that, while he made little impact there, he is OK & would be excellent at championship level.

And though largely used as a right winger he can play either side, or in the middle.

I doubt there are many steaming piles of shit that manage to win 4 international caps for Portugal, and play for clubs such as Porto and Benfica, I would imagine he is more than good enough at Championship level.

I doubt there are many steaming piles of shit that manage to win 4 international caps for Portugal, and play for clubs such as Porto and Benfica, I would imagine he is more than good enough at Championship level.

Cristiano Ronaldo :102:

I know NOTHING about Ferreira but, is another right winger our first priority? We have Newton, whatever you think of his abilities, just signed and Kaebi - the mistery man. Why another essentially right-sided player?

I know NOTHING about Ferreira but, is another right winger our first priority? We have Newton, whatever you think of his abilities, just signed and Kaebi - the mistery man. Why another essentially right-sided player?

newton is crap and kaebi may or may not be, panic time

our midfield at present can be drawn from Clemence, Weso, Kaebi, Newton, Ferreira, Mattock, Sheehan, Porter, Kishishev. That's 9 realistic first team alternatives without considering Mckay, Wykes etc from the succesful youth team. How can we moan when we consider that last season we drew from tiatto, jarrett, weso, johnson, porter, hughes and played stearman and maybury on occasion. We should be smiling at our embarrassment of riches and the balance of numbers we have in each position.
It has 3 centre midfielders, 3 predominantly right sided and 3 left sided. We have no experience of Kaebi or Ferreira, but we do know that they have played/play international football and have a great deal of pace. So the likelihood of them being not good enough for championship football is slim enough for us to have given them the opportunity.
Championship full backs are notoriously poor at dealing with direct pace and we should look to give Kaebi and Ferreira a chance, even if Ferreira is playing down the left and comes inside more often than not. Plenty of players with pace can get away with playing on either wing. If he is right sided only, then it means that him and Kaebi are incompetition which can only be good as an encouragement for them to outperform one another with the other available from the bench).
Sheehan, Porter and Mattock are very young and have had a tentative start to the season, but at least provide natural left footers with good enenrgy on the left side. They will benefit from their experience this year and i would be very surprised if one of them doesn't grow a great deal as a player from their experience this year. If Kaebi and/or Ferriera come good on the right, the balance provided by having natural left footers in the squad will allow us to maintain our shape and exploit our stronger areas more effectively.
For these reasons i think we should be more positive about the midfield than we currently are, and worry more about what happens if Campbell, Hume, Kisnorbo or N'Gotty get injured. Now that would highlight were we are REALLY thin on numbers.

our midfield at present can be drawn from Clemence, Weso, Kaebi, Newton, Ferreira, Mattock, Sheehan, Porter, Kishishev. That's 9 realistic first team alternatives without considering Mckay, Wykes etc from the succesful youth team. How can we moan when we consider that last season we drew from tiatto, jarrett, weso, johnson, porter, hughes and played stearman and maybury on occasion. We should be smiling at our embarrassment of riches and the balance of numbers we have in each position.
It has 3 centre midfielders, 3 predominantly right sided and 3 left sided. We have no experience of Kaebi or Ferreira, but we do know that they have played/play international football and have a great deal of pace. So the likelihood of them being not good enough for championship football is slim enough for us to have given them the opportunity.
Championship full backs are notoriously poor at dealing with direct pace and we should look to give Kaebi and Ferreira a chance, even if Ferreira is playing down the left and comes inside more often than not. Plenty of players with pace can get away with playing on either wing. If he is right sided only, then it means that him and Kaebi are incompetition which can only be good as an encouragement for them to outperform one another with the other available from the bench).
Sheehan, Porter and Mattock are very young and have had a tentative start to the season, but at least provide natural left footers with good enenrgy on the left side. They will benefit from their experience this year and i would be very surprised if one of them doesn't grow a great deal as a player from their experience this year. If Kaebi and/or Ferriera come good on the right, the balance provided by having natural left footers in the squad will allow us to maintain our shape and exploit our stronger areas more effectively.
For these reasons i think we should be more positive about the midfield than we currently are, and worry more about what happens if Campbell, Hume, Kisnorbo or N'Gotty get injured. Now that would highlight were we are REALLY thin on numbers.

:038::038:

Top post Sparky :038:

I can't get my head around the ' I've never seen him play but despite the fact that he's played for Porto, Benfica and Portugal then he must be shite because we've signed him ' attitude of some posters.

Top post Sparky :038:

I can't get my head around the ' I've never seen him play but despite the fact that he's played for Porto, Benfica and Portugal then he must be shite because we've signed him ' attitude of some posters.

N'Gotty, Clements, Fullop & Clarke have added somthing to the squad. Sappleton is for the future. The rest seem to me to be questionable signings. One would expect the odd mistake, but that is not a track record that leads to blind enthusiasm.

Must have something about him if he has played for Portugal and in the champions league.

And he has a flashy name so its looking good

Managerless Leicester have ended a turbulent week by making Portugese winger Marco Ferreira their 15th summer signing on loan from Benfica.

The pacy 29-year-old - who has four caps for his country - has joined the Foxes on loan from Benfica until the end of the year.
Chairman Milan Mandaric told the club's official website: "We have been searching long and hard for a wide player and we hope that Marco will bring the dimension that we have been missing."
Ferreira, who has also played for Tirense, Atletico Madrid, Yokohama Flugels, Pacos de Ferreira, Vitoria and FC Porto, will join up with his new team-mates on Monday.

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8720_2699232,00.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670