FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK. I don't care.

I'm really happy to see Messi win a world cup so there you go.

I am the most cynical person you'll ever meet. According to my Dad, when I was born instead of crying like most babies do I looked around the room & said "well, this is going to be shit"

But Messi is the best footballer I've ever seen. I've watched them all since Pele & Best, through Cruyff & Maradona & all the rest. He rises above them all. Not only that but he's done it over 15 years with hardly any drop off in consistency. He's so far above Maradona it shouldn't even be a conversation. That little ****er won a WC, dragged a substandard team to another final, had a few great years at Napoli & was then a substandard showbiz attraction the rest of his career. Argentinian fans might now finally realise that & move on from their obsession which essentially ruined their chances of winning a WC until now.

Its fairytales that made us love the game when we were kids so I can still allow myself to be moved by one now.

Also, he now ends his career topping Ronaldo. WC in the cabinet & still first choice & main man for both club & country while old smacked arse face is dropped by both despite being the younger man.

I'm ****ing happy with the story. Everyone else can piss off.

Last edited:
Nice to see a final where the superstars really do turn up

I'll take your word for it.

I'm just delighted the plastic nonsense is over and we can return to real football. More than a month since we last played. Two days until MK Dons away!

It's proven that Qatar can host future events like the ESL when that happens.

But Messi is the best footballer I've ever seen. I've watched them all since Pele & Best, through Cruyff & Maradona & all the rest. He rises above them all. Not only that but he's done it over 15 years with hardly any drop off in consistency. He's so far above Maradona it shouldn't even be a conversation. That little ****er won a WC, dragged a substandard team to another final, had a few great years at Napoli & was then a substandard showbiz attraction the rest of his career.

I will agree with you on this, he's always had more to his game than Maradona.

It's proven that Qatar can host future events like the ESL when that happens.

You may joke but while the focus has been on the WC, America took control over a 10th PL side. Four more and they can decide to do whatever they want with the game in this country. It will be theirs.

You may joke but while the focus has been on the WC, America took control over a 10th PL side. Four more and they can decide to do whatever they want with the game in this country. It will be theirs.

I'm not joking. Spanish super cup has been held in Saudi and morocco and has changed format which I'd cynically say is an experiment ....the idea that the esl will be European teams just playing in their own stadiums isn't how it'll play out IMO.

And then it dies, as most walk away as the very thing they bought it for disappears forever and they are left with a ‘shell’

I'll take your word for it.

I'm just delighted the plastic nonsense is over and we can return to real football. More than a month since we last played. Two days until MK Dons away!

Yeah, let’s get back to the completely non-plastic Premier League - good, honest real football :043::043::043:

This.

The sneaky ****ers know they can't do it any other way. Thirty years on & the MLS is still barely Championship standard & will be forever. So it'll be a stealth conquest. ESL finals split between saudi & New York.

Beckham to be Chair or CEO of the Premier League in the next decade anyone ?

Might be worth a punt. Any Yank incursion would surely feature that **** on some level.

And then it dies, as most walk away as the very thing they bought it for disappears forever and they are left with a ‘shell’

It won't die though. Not at the top end anyway. Plenty people go to matches for the tacky flag/tifo (filling the hole where a crowd atmosphere used to be), selfies, live streaming your face while you watch sort of shit.

I constantly moan about our sideways passing shit but in reality it's most teams now.....It's absolutely no surprise Newcastle are high up the table by not playing the same awful style as everyone else. It's £50 a ticket for many matches and we still put up with it. Will having games all around the world stop people forking out for the games here? I doubt it. It's our clubs after all...

If only.

Things don't happen that way though. The modern game has virtually nothing left of what i loved about it as a kid that got me interested in the first place. But it's richer & more popular than ever.

70% of the world (at a minimum) will buy whatever they're told to buy.

Star Wars still makes billions despite being utter rubbish. Millions watch badly written soap operas & make stars of people who can't act.

The music industry has made fortunes out of talent show karaoke for 2 decades while actual musicians with talent can't get a deal or a gig.

Avatar sequel made 100s of millions after being released last week, despite the first one being the cinematic equivalent of shit on a toilet wall.

People do what they're told.

People believed Boris Johnson, a man who has never to anyone's knowledge told the truth about anything in his entire life. People believe that Nigel Farage is a champion of the common man FFS. Significant numbers of people.

People believe shit posted in a dodgy youtube video & base life decisions around it. People believe Elon Musk is a good bloke working to save the world.

The mainstream of every society in history is composed of vapid consumers who create & invent nothing. Everything good comes from outliers, outsiders, minority interests, the weird & the unusual.

They then steal it all, repackage it after removing all the best bits & sell it to the masses. Job done.

We'll just have to learn to do without. As usual.
Shag?

Well I'm going to watch Coalville play Chesterfield on Tuesday night.

Will be about as 'real' as football gets these days

Well I'm going to watch Coalville play Chesterfield on Tuesday night.

Will be about as 'real' as football gets these days

Their spire is crooked. Can't get away from it in football can you.

Of course, the best moment of the World Cup was this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363