First game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brauny Blue

....you ever went to.

Mid-late 70's for me. A 1-1 draw against Liverpool, and if i remember Keith Weller scored ours, and i think Kevin Keegan scored for the reds. After that i was hooked.

Brauny Blue said:
....you ever went to.

Mid-late 70's for me. A 1-1 draw against Liverpool, and if i remember Keith Weller scored ours, and i think Kevin Keegan scored for the reds. After that i was hooked.
leicester city reserves v cardiff city reserves in the main stand top deck 1977 aint gotta clue what the score was but i remember i was with my brother

Lost in the mists of time. :icon_conf :icon_conf :icon_conf ;)

Steven said:
Lost in the mists of time. :icon_conf :icon_conf :icon_conf ;)
or in the mists of pedigree one or the other:icon_bigg

my earliest memory was going to a Leicester match against Liverpool at home in 1985. I remember the bright floodlights and the beautiful glowing grass. I was 4.

I also remember crying after the match, for what reason I can't recall.

No.6 Muzzy Izzet... said:
my earliest memory was going to a Leicester match against Liverpool at home in 1985. I remember the bright floodlights and the beautiful glowing grass. I was 4.

I also remember crying after the match, for what reason I can't recall.

Can't remember the year but it was mid-sixties, against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge. We won 2-0!

Against Arsenal at Filbert Street,we lost and I remember Georgie/Geordie Armstrong playing for us.Must have been in the mid-late 70's:icon_conf

1st game of the 78/79 saeson. Burnley Away 2-2 draw.
Pop Robson (I think) scored a scrameer for Burnley. Can't remember the City goals tho...
Didn't go to Filbert till '82. £-2 win over QPR :icon_bigg

highland fox said:
Against Arsenal at Filbert Street,we lost and I remember Georgie/Geordie Armstrong playing for us.Must have been in the mid-late 70's:icon_conf

I went to school with his daughter........

Mine was Everton 1976 -Can't remember much but I think Mark Wallington saved a penalty. Didn't really get involved till the Jock Wallace era - now there's a Scottish manager with charisma!!!

Last edited:
78/79 Season I think, it was vs Swansea in the league at Filbo, 0 - 0 If I recall correctly.

Ipswich at home, we lost 3-1...:icon_cry: 1st game of the season as well...

Mid-week game against Oldham in the early 80s - won 2-1 on the night, I sat on the wall at the front of the Members stand - standing area.

LCFC 1-0 Sheff Utd, not sure of the year but eighty something. Nicky Cross scored our goal, stood on the kop giving Deane and Agana stick who were playing upfront for them!

Last edited:
78/79 season, lost to cardiff.....:icon_roll

Portsmouth, I was only about 3, pissed it down all game, 1-1 sat in the members stand. Walshy header.

First game I properly watched was season opener against Peterborough, I think we won and Thompson scored. Sat in the Double Decker proudly displayed in the avatar.

LCFC 5 - 1 Covscum , can't remember the exact year, but was about 84 i think.
Lineker got a couple, Smith, Lynex and can't remember who got the other.

InternetFox said:
LCFC 5 - 1 Covscum , can't remember the exact year, but was about 84 i think.
Lineker got a couple, Smith, Lynex and can't remember who got the other.
Rennie :icon_wink

Away at Spurs, we lost 3-2, I loved Lineker and Lynex....Archibald ruined our day I think....80's, can't be arsed to get my 'Fossils' book out to tell you exact date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669