First game

Status
Not open for further replies.
InternetFox said:
LCFC 5 - 1 Covscum , can't remember the exact year, but was about 84 i think.
Lineker got a couple, Smith, Lynex and can't remember who got the other.

I remember that one. Sheer bliss:038:

Mid-to-late 70s, Wolves at home. Can't remember the score, but I think Emlyn Hughes and/or Andy Gray were playing for Wolves.

Can't say how true any of this is... I was only a toddler :icon_cool

Think mine was 1990/91 season at home to Blackburn. would have been about 5. must admit didn't like it much, n the only reason i went again was because i found a fiver on the way to the ground!

Stevealdo said:
Think mine was 1990/91 season at home to Blackburn. would have been about 5. must admit didn't like it much, n the only reason i went again was because i found a fiver on the way to the ground!
That was mine you thieving fecker....

around christmas 1986 against Arsenal. Think it finished 1-1 tho Paul Davies I think should have been sent off and everyone was booing Perry Groves.

God I remembered such crap about that game

home to ipswich sept '84 won 2-0 one of them was an og and that was the start of my love affair with lcfc

Yorkshire Vixen said:
home to ipswich sept '84 won 2-0 one of them was an og and that was the start of my love affair with lcfc

You must have been a bit of a young springer then YV:icon_bigg . For the record i was at that game too. During that season i only missed 1 match, which was Saints away. I also missed Burton Albion behind closed doors at the old Covscum ground, but i don't count that one:icon_cool

1972 qpr at home. from that day keith weller was my idol ( god bless him :icon_cry: )

went with steve simms ( lincoln lad ) cousin

I know my first game was in the 92/93 season against Pompey but I can't remember whether it was the standard league game or the play off semi. I remember its was 1-0 and Bobby Davison scored the goal though.

Duzza said:
I know my first game was in the 92/93 season against Pompey but I can't remember whether it was the standard league game or the play off semi. I remember its was 1-0 and Bobby Davison scored the goal though.

If it was the play-off then thats the only time i've seen us win at the City ground:icon_conf

InternetFox said:
LCFC 5 - 1 Covscum , can't remember the exact year, but was about 84 i think.
Lineker got a couple, Smith, Lynex and can't remember who got the other.

that was 23rd dec 1984, i remember the game well. super result grand sunday afternoon out.
but

after the game , i was walking home across the upperton road bridge, when
a load of lads ran passed me. moments later i heard the sound of smashing windows and saw what looked like a hundred or more lads kicking the braincell out of each other.
i thought id be smart and took evasive action onto sheffield street
then before i knew what was happening i was surrounded by half a dozen or so covscum scum and took a severe kicking. theres was not alot i could do , they had me pinned up against a wall . after a good 4 punches to my left cheek i must have lost conciousness. and was woken up a few minutes later by an old bloke who lived in the house where my head had just been ricocheting off its front wall.

a night in the royal resulted in several stitches to a shattered jaw, which needed constructive surgery to re-sit the hinge , the loss of several back teeth, and 50% deafness which is permanent damage.
the local plod didnt give a shit, didnt have a clue, and were crapping themselves during the melay anyway.

anyway, back to first match.
1974 or was 75, home against birmingham city ,
we lost 1-6 and its been downhill ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669