Football Manager 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Start of December, just edged into the play-offs after this win.

comeback.jpg

Start of December, just edged into the play-offs after this win.

I'm in April and currently in 4th place, 3 points off second. Just trumped top of the table Leeds 3-0 at home! Akos Buszacky is tearing this division apart!

My strikers are fecking wank. Even though I'm in April and in 4th place, my top scorer has 7 goals!

I'm doing the business for Man City. Got a 67 win %.

I was 19th when taken charge. Added the Ronaldo (although I've sacked him now, he was injured for 7 months when i signed him on a short term deal)
Aguero (signed for £29million) He got injured before making his debut, he is out for 8 months.
Yakubu (£12million) playing ok but the fans dislike him.
Pandev my best signing so far. £15mil scored 9 in 7games.

Sold:
Petrov
Dunne
Ball
Hamman
Mills
Benjani
Elano
Vassell

I've laid down my authority on the club. We are now 8th and I can still get into Europe.

I just requested a new deal. I've only got 3 months left I was undecided until the fans gave me a top reception as we beat Man Utd 3-0. Went on a 7 match winning run, ended by Chelsea who beat me 5-2.

2 games left. I am in 2nd, 2 points ahead of Millwall but Millwall have 3 games left! Squeaky bum time.....

Bollocks - finished 4th with 90 points in the end, thanks to a shocking 1-0 defeat against Stockport which would have put me in 2nd. Oh well, I will just have to win the playoffs instead then.......

Yessssss! Drew 2-2 on aggregate against Swindon but then beat them 8-7 on penalties. Then I beat Millwall 1-0 in the final, thanks to a Buzsacky special!

I've got coursework in for tomorrow, I haven't even started.. it's all FM's fault :icon_lol:

I just keep saying one more game, can't motivate myself AT ALL. I was even playing around with the rubber bands that i've got next to the question, anything to avoid it.

I've got coursework in for tomorrow, I haven't even started.. it's all FM's fault :icon_lol:

I just keep saying one more game, can't motivate myself AT ALL. I was even playing around with the rubber bands that i've got next to the question, anything to avoid it.

I blame Champ Man for my poor GCSE results. I was literally playing it all night before an exam, having done no revision. :icon_lol:

Last edited:
Currently in pre season of the Championship season, have just sold Tuchev for £2.7m and used the money to buy Amr Zaki from his Egyptian club! Along with freebie James Beattie, that lineup will hopefully get me into the top 6!

Cant get used to it, they have well and truely ****ed the game engine I think. Although maybe im judging too early.

I've finished Coursework and caught up on sleep; not at work tomorrow so no guesses what i'll be doing tonight/tomorrow. Time to really get into FM.

Hopefully Man City will give me a new contract so speculation over my future can be put to a holt so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669