Football Manager 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, there is ac tually a bug in the Serie C cup which means you cannot load those leagues and have a faultless game.

****ers, I would not have paid for it if Id known.

You weren't expecting a FM release without several hundred (thousand) bugs were you???

I bought Championship Manager 01/02 to Xbox yesterday (and I don't even have an Xbox!).
The price was pretty good though, ~£1.50, second hand.

You weren't expecting a FM release without several hundred (thousand) bugs were you???

Bugs yes, but 3 complete leagues not able to work, no. It's not good enough, utter shoddy work from SI.

Bugs yes, but 3 complete leagues not able to work, no. It's not good enough, utter shoddy work from SI.

As usual then. You'll recall that MLS and the entire Belgian league was utterly unplayable last time round until the final patch. That's why I never buy it until it's actually finished (in fact, I may not at all this year. Far too much going on in the real world for me to immerse myself in a game which hasn't been coded properly). There is always a string of bugs, one of which renders at least one whole country unplayable.

I got FM at the weekend and I'm not sure about it at all. Every game I play I seem to end up with a player injured and they are then injured for some time. I'm Leicester and just coming up to Christmas in my first season but already I have Steve Howard out for three months, Lloyd Dyer for three months, Matty Fryatt for five months :icon_eek:, Jack Hobbs for two, Weso for two, Andy King for three and Gilbert for three. Due to losing my strikers I loaned in Michael Chopra who got a 7.90 and a goal in his first game - but got injured and is out for 5 months!!!! Hard work this game, I prefer 08.

I got FM at the weekend and I'm not sure about it at all. Every game I play I seem to end up with a player injured and they are then injured for some time. I'm Leicester and just coming up to Christmas in my first season but already I have Steve Howard out for three months, Lloyd Dyer for three months, Matty Fryatt for five months :icon_eek:, Jack Hobbs for two, Weso for two, Andy King for three and Gilbert for three. Due to losing my strikers I loaned in Michael Chopra who got a 7.90 and a goal in his first game - but got injured and is out for 5 months!!!! Hard work this game, I prefer 08.

You got the latest patches? I know in '08 it was practically impossible to win a game without the first patch.

There's been one patch released already. Before it was even released! If you validated it by Steam, the patches should happen automatically.

See? Might as well wait till next April when the final patch comes out and it's playable.

After promotion in the first season, I started off the Championship season and was in 4th place after about 10 games. Now we are approaching christmas and I have dropped to 18th. Having about 20 different nationalities probably doesn't help. I've got Jerzy Dudek and Julio Cruz coming in January though so hopefully they will help me push up to midtable.

Gonna have to try to sell Amr Zaki in the January window. He was my big summer signing, spent £2.5m on him (almost my entire budget), and he has played 17 games and has precisely 0 goals. He has played shit for the Ressies as well.

in my second season with LCFC got the champ after winning L1 last year. thanks to signing cameron Jerome for 170k in jan.

then ploughed all my budget into wages and got loads of frees. ferre Bodde, Dickson Etuhu, toche, rasiak, Ross walace, stephen carr, stephen Kelly and ross turnbull plus a couple of others. not doing too bad W2 L1 D1 put Blackburn out of coke cup too

After promotion in the first season, I started off the Championship season and was in 4th place after about 10 games. Now we are approaching christmas and I have dropped to 18th. Having about 20 different nationalities probably doesn't help. I've got Jerzy Dudek and Julio Cruz coming in January though so hopefully they will help me push up to midtable.

Nice signings where are you now in the league? im 17th :icon_cry:

Nice signings where are you now in the league? im 17th :icon_cry:

I'm 17th as well, just finished January. Have sold Kisnorbo for £3.5m because he was doing shite, and used the money to buy a striker called Marcelo Moreno and in his first game forged a great partnership with Julio Cruz, scoring 3 goals between them to beat Watford 3-0. I've got Collins John coming for free at the end of the season.

Also signed Danny Murphy for 20K in January and he has done well so far, playing well in the middle with Ferrie Bodde.

Last edited:
Finished 17th in the first season of the Championship, have started the second and it looks like it will be another shit season with 7 points from 5 games.

I don't understand why my team aren't near the top! Team is a follows:

GK - Jerzy Dudek, Graeme Smith, Brian Murphy

RB - Stephen Kelly, Chris Baird
LB - Franck Queudrue, Andrew Taylor
CB - Sean St Ledger, Danny Collins, Brynjar Gunnarsson

RM - Laryea Kingston, Max Gradel
LM - Rodrigues, Damien Duff
CM - Marek Matejovsky, Ben Watson, Ferrie Bodde

CF - Marcelo Moreno, Collins John, Tamas Priskin, Sziliard Nemeth, Julio Cruz

Finished 17th in the first season of the Championship, have started the second and it looks like it will be another shit season with 7 points from 5 games.

I don't understand why my team aren't near the top!

Is it because you have only got 7 points from 5 games?

I don't understand why my team aren't near the top!

Brian Murphy
This might go some way to explaining it

george-and-mildred.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675