Football Manager 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
7th with 11 games remaining.

Currently on a 4 game winning streak thanks to a change of tactics and the capture of Ched Evans and Darren Carter on loan. A 3-0 away win to Scunny the pick of the bunch.

We're 10 pts off 2nd, a point from 6th and a couple from 3rd.

Fingers crossed it continues and we can secure a place in the play-offs. Between 3rd and 11th, there's about a 5 pt range.

I changed the resolution on mine to stop it crashing, it means that the smooth style isn't there anymore but it's now running quicker. I think it's an improvement on 2008. The use of tactics becoming increasingly paramount as well as training/coaches.

Last edited:
My FM runs quite smoothly apart from when I start a match, watch it in 2D and it takes 10 seconds or so to play as it says: "now loading" or something to that effect, does that happen to everyone else?

My FM runs quite smoothly apart from when I start a match, watch it in 2D and it takes 10 seconds or so to play as it says: "now loading" or something to that effect, does that happen to everyone else?

Mine takes 5-10 secs to load when I'm in a match and I go on to the 3d mode.

The press conference do lose their novelty after about 2 of them. I started letting Shakespeare do it, but he's shit at them.....

Im seriously pissed off, just started a new game and just getting into it when it says error and something about crash dump?

Anyone know whats wrong?

Started my second season at City last night, Won 4 Drew 4 Lost 1.

5th in League 1. I am shite at this game.

Tunchev was sold by Mandaric - My team looks like this

Loach (Goalie from Watford - £150k)

Geary (Sheff Utd, signed as Mattock's replacement)
Gilbert (Sheff Wed, free agent)
Worley
Nordveit (loanee from Arse)

Gradel/Adams
Dyer/Johnson (Leeds)
Oakley/Carter (Preston)
King/Weso

Fryatt
Howard/Burgess (B'pool)

Started my second season at City last night, Won 4 Drew 4 Lost 1.

5th in League 1. I am shite at this game.

Tunchev was sold by Mandaric - My team looks like this

Loach (Goalie from Watford - £150k)

Geary (Sheff Utd, signed as Mattock's replacement)
Gilbert (Sheff Wed, free agent)
Worley
Nordveit (loanee from Arse)

Gradel/Adams
Dyer/Johnson (Leeds)
Oakley/Carter (Preston)
King/Weso

Fryatt
Howard/Burgess (B'pool)

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: You signed Peter Gilbert!!!!!

My second season with Leicester has started with 4 points from 3 games in the Championship.

Started a game with Hull City now, just finished pre-season. Signed some quality players, including the amazing Vincent Enyeama.

Last edited:
Currently unbeaten after 6 games in charge at Part timers Blyth Spartans. £0 money to spend and even the shittest of free agents wont come.

I have resorted to promoting the young lads and signing shit players with hight work rate and determination, so far the team spirit is immense and we are 1 point clear at the top after a dream start.

Fitness is proving the main worry at this point, along with the wafer thin squad.

A few of my starters have less than 4 for passing and other main areas. I have a 6'7 lad up front so im getting my full backs to launch longs balls all day long for him to knock down to my nippy (8 pace ;) ) strike partner. Only problem is my unbeatable 6'7 striker has attracted the attention of Cambridge who have been to watch him on some of his finest performances.

Onwards and upwards for the Spartans, relegation fight by Christmas no doubt :)

Back to my Leicester game in the Championship - In 4th place with 15 points from 9 games.

Blue Screen of Death :081::081:

Nope, there is ac tually a bug in the Serie C cup which means you cannot load those leagues and have a faultless game.

****ers, I would not have paid for it if Id known.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669