Football Manager 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
first season in FM2010 is piss if you are Leicester. Sign Ebi Smolarek, Glauber and Rudi Skacel and you'd be very unlucky to lose a game in the Championship.

Played first season and Smolarek scored 45 in 42.......well worth the wages

smolarek has scored plenty of goals but is no-where near that proflic for me, and hes ****ing off at the end of the season as his contracts up.

i'm top in late jan by 3pts, sold zaki and brought tudgay in who scored on his debut

3rd season, still in Championship.

Fitz, if I'd signed Smolarek things could be so different! lol
He went to a bigger club, and I struggled for goals. My defence was awesome.

2nd season, opposite happened

3rd season, I'm doing well at Christmas, 2nd in the league and on good form. And have good defence and attack this time!

I've got John Carew in this season on a free, and he's doing really well. So are Makaay, Samaras and Bernacci, rotating between them :) I've got Martin Petrov on the left wing now too, and Luke Young and Marek Cech as full backs where I struggled before.

Good team now, hopefully go up!

Just started my game again as my pc died i was in prem with leicester for the 4th season just a steady mid table team but now its back to championship for me signed camara and andy van der meyde any1 got any ideas who i could get to improve my defence thats where i struggled first time round

they should randomise players abilities foe each game

that would stop all the "buy this bloke" stuff :D

they should randomise players abilities foe each game

that would stop all the "buy this bloke" stuff :D

There is an option in the setup called 'use real player names' iirc. Not sure how it works though, I always keep the box ticked.

Just can't seem to get a win my teams :
-------Walker------
Neilson-- Vargas--Tunchev--Montoya

Van der meyde--Wellens--oakley--skacel

Camara fryatt

can't get a win im leaking late goals all the time currently 21st

Last edited:
3rd with Leeds in the Championship in my 3rd season after walking League One in my 1st season and finishing 9th in the Championship in my 2nd season, signed Paul Gallagher from City in the summer and he currently is the division's top scorer and highest rated player so far.

Anyone else find this game twice as quick as FM09?

Last edited:
Just can't seem to get a win my teams :
-------Walker------
Neilson-- Vargas--Tunchev--Montoya

Van der meyde--Wellens--oakley--skacel

Camara fryatt

can't get a win im leaking late goals all the time currently 21st

Too much foreign muck. :icon_wink

Anyone else find this game twice as quick as FM09?

Yes after a sluggish first day. That said still took me a while to set up scouting etc.

Too much foreign muck. :icon_wink

May have been a joke but foreign players don't seem to adapt to the English league nearly as quickly or as well as previous games, so there's probably some truth in it. My Leeds side is:

Kieran Westwood

Javal Vidal -- Patrick Kisnorbo -- Luis Pernia -- Alan Sheehan

James Henry -- Adam Clayto -- Jonathan Howson -- Yago

Paul Gallagher -- Dady/James Keene/Henri Camara

4th after 21 games in League 1. Getting very annoyed at the amount of penalties I give away. 2-0 up against Morecambe, they get one back and then end up with a hat-trick of penalties to win 4-2!! I was doing well 2nd/3rd with County running away with it, then Futcher broke his leg 6 months out and Seck did his groin 3 months plus Scott suspended, so had to play a second-choice left-back at cb with the deadline gone. Did do County 4-0 in the Cup though.

Finished 4th in Champ in my 3rd season... form started to drop away to the end of the season, but I'm in the playoffs, and beat Leeds to get to the final

Now I've got Reading, who I think I've done well against this season.

I did it :) Got into the Prem after a 4-2 win over Reading.

Now at the start of the transfer window, said I'd avoid relegation and have been giving an £18m transfer budget to achieve my goal... I thought that was good, but looking at all the players I'm scouting, that's not going to get me far! Hmm

Should stop now, rather than starting the window or I'll be playing all night...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669