Football Manager 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely it must still have touchline instructions there?

Seems weird otherwise.

Bit worried that I've screwed up my first Prem season before I've started almost! lol. My squad shrunk because I let old players leave at the end of their contracts, and Dudek (still good enough for sub keeper) and Makaay (my top scorer for the last 2 seasons!) both retired... so my squad is pretty tiny and I've had to start the season with a youth goalie and defender on the bench!

Struggling to sign anyone anywhere near good enough really...

And I've only got 3 strikers! My squad is tiny, whereas it always had been relatively big before... Hmm

Can't even get loans to help out as easily as in the Championship either!

Despite that though, got 4 points from my first 3 games... lost 5-1 to Man City, beat Brum 1-0, and drew 2-2 with Everton (with 10 men) Not too bad a start...

Surely it must still have touchline instructions there?

Seems weird otherw*s*.

Why? Touchline instructions are there for people who want to make live changes to their tactics, but DD's style of play seems to be to set them up and hope something good happens without actually having any input. Can't have it both ways. It's like holidaying through the transfer window then wondering why you haven't signed any players.

Despite that though, got 4 points from my first 3 games... lost 5-1 to Man City, beat Brum 1-0, and drew 2-2 with Everton (with 10 men) Not too bad a start...

Down by Christmas.

I wish this game were more like real life. Covscum have been relegated to League Two on my save. :icon_lol: The sheep are towards the bottom of League One as well.

Lads... I mean seriously... come on... I'm getting worried about all of ye
Have you all not heard of drugs and masturbating and stuff?
I mean, really... what's going on? Stop all of this nonsense, you're bothering me

I masturbate while playing.

And I take Pro Plus so I can play for longer, if that counts as drugs? ;)

Anyone else noticed this weird thing yet that they've randomly decided to give us a red third kit? Playing away to West Brom, and my team are in an all red kit...

Lads... I mean seriously... come on... I'm getting worried about all of ye
Have you all not heard of drugs and masturbating and stuff?
I mean, really... what's going on? Stop all of this nonsense, you're bothering me

FM is a drug. It's like an addictive version of acid, you play it so long that you start hallucinating. :icon_razz

Who needs masturbation when you've got Alex Teixeira playing up front for you?

Then why are you expecting such things as touchline shouts if you don't even watch your own games?

Why? Touchline instructions are there for people who want to make live changes to their tactics, but DD's style of play seems to be to set them up and hope something good happens without actually having any input. Can't have it both ways. It's like holidaying through the transfer window then wondering why you haven't signed any players.

You should become better mates with jeff, he gets really wound up by trivial things too.

And I do make tactical changes in the game, based on how I'm doing.

Kept Leicester up in my first season in the Prem, and was optimistic about the close season.

Unfortunately most of the high profile players I was going for have gone elsewhere though, and now I look like losing Freddy Adu (£15.5m to Milan/Utd/Spurs) and Darren Bent (£16m to Arsenal)... my 2 star players from last season!

I have signed Vukecivic and Drogba though :) Will need someone to take over the goalscoring from Bent though, since he got 25 goals and was 3rd top scorer in the league last year.

What the ****! I sold Freddy Adu to Spurs, £4.5m of the fee went to Benfica... and I somehow LOST money off my transfer budget! :( Aaarrgh!

And now Bent has gone for £16m, and my transfer budget has still only just about gone up!

Had £10m of it left, dropped to £8m after I SOLD Adu, and is now up to £12m after selling Bent!

Oh, it's now jumped up to £17m... even so... only gained £7m on my transfer budget after my 2 best players going for over £30m! Annoyed!

Last edited:
First trophy won!, I spent 3 seasons with Sunderland consolidating with top half finishes. Then Liverpool sacked Benitez in December with them lying 14th. I took over and got to the League Cup Final where I lost 4-3 to Man City. We did win the Europa League with a 1-0 win over Arsenal.
Finished 5th in the league.

I am Aarau manager at the minute. 7th out of 10th in Swiss Super League. It's tough but that's mainly because of my bad financial control and complete disregard for players morale. They are now playing for me with some decent results, went on a six game unbeaten spell, then Basle beat us 3-2. Attempts to attract Bruno back home have been fruitless so far.

After losing Adu and Bent, I managed to get a bit more money before the window shut to sign Dentinho :) He's started really badly though upfront, as has my team in general!

After 8 games, I'm 18th having with 5 points, and have won only 1 game!

But then, just had a big tactical rethink (partially inspired by Drogba getting injured and out for 7 weeks!), so switched from 4-4-2 to a 4-5-1 (or 4-2-3-1) formation, with an AMC and two wingers.

First game with the new formation, away to Man City! And I won 4-1! With Dentinho, who had scored 1 goal in 7 games up front, scoring 2 goals from the wing!

So hopefully the new formation does me well :)

Finished 8th in my first season in the Prem with Leeds.

Also got to the Fa Cup semi-final, but lost to ManCity after they got a dodgy penalty in the 86th minute. :mad:

Last edited:
Into my 3rd season in the Prem now with Leicester... finished 16th again last year, but have started brilliantly this year.

Managed to keep hold of my best players... just about! Mandy accepted £22m offer for Dentinho from Man City, but thankfully after he'd agreed a contract, it asked me to confirm the deal so I cancelled it :)

After not doing so well last year, Vukecevic has started brilliantly in the AMC position, with 6 goals and 1 assist in the first 7 games. I got Gael Kakuta for £3m from Chelsea, and he's got 3 assists, 4 goals in 5 games + 2 sub appearances.
I got Sammy Eto'o on a free.

After 7 games I'm top of the league! Won 5, drawn 1, lost 1. Already beat Man Utd and Chelsea, and drew with Liverpool! My 1 loss was away to Wolves. Hopefully I can keep it up and get a top half finish, as I struggled to find good players to join me this summer. Need to up my reputation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00