Football Manager 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
I generally buy big for my first season in the PL. You have to completely overhaul your squad in that first season if you want to survive, then I usually buy young players with the potential to be Leading stars in the PL and bleed them through, much cheaper that way, probably takes longer to be a good side this way, but it's the only way I find I can really take a lower league team to the actual peak of the PL.

Last edited:
See, I generally try to cover up any big gaps I've got, that were ok for the Championship but no where near good for the Prem. Then I try to bring in 1 or 2 quality players that will make the difference. Usually starting with a striker, then keeper/centre back if I can. 1 quality player in each position really until I'm happy.

But yeah, don't like to sign anyone over the age of 26/27 really when I get to the Prem, particularly if I'm spending big money. Don't mind if it's on a free.

My team was strong enough from the end of last season though that I knew they had enough to stay up, so I tried to strengthen some positions, and also add some depth to my squad.

1 or 2 more quality players and I'll start looking at youth.. already started to look, but can't find much decent out there!

Last edited:
Was relegated from the prem in my 3rd season there, managed to keep all the players I wanted to for the championship. I then demolished the championship winning it with 109 points. I also broke the goals scored, most games won, most games without loosing and top goalscorer records on the way. Ola toivenen also equalled leicesters all time league goals scored record with 44 scoring 54 in 54 in all games played. Beat west brom 1-0 in my first game back in the prem and have a much better squad this time around so promised the board continental qualification through league finish.
Also turned down the arsenal and man utd hot seats down.

After 14 games, I'm top still :) Level on points with Chelski. 4 points ahead of 3rd!

Keep going boys! lol

I only said I'd finish mid table... might have even said I'd avoid relegation (rather than attempt to avoid!)

Talking of Arsenal, I did the double over them in my first season in the Prem :)

Talking of Arsenal, I did the double over them in my first season in the Prem :)

I seem to have done well against the big clubs (Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, and to a lesser extent Liverpool) since I went up... probably won more than I lost. It's weird.

Just drew 3-3 with Arsenal. Difference now is, I'm beating the lower down teams!

Still top :) News reports after all my games say "Despite being many people's favourites for the drop, Leicester have been performing superbly, but surely it won't last for much longer". Yes it will!

Liverpool finished 12th in mine and are in financial trouble, bit of a collapse going on there since not qualifying for the CL.

Currently sitting 3rd in my first season with Hinckley, planning on trying to get them pro in league 2 then taking the first better job that comes along, but don't tell the chairman.

Dentinho has moved back up front for me now, because of the form of Kakuta, but he's doing well as a striker now. Those 2 and Vukecevic have been superb.

Playing a weird formation, unbalanced which I'd never do on any of the previous versions.

Got a flat back 4, a central DM, a CM on the left side, a right midfielder, a left winger, and an AMC to the right, with 1 central striker. It's a bit weird, but it's working well!

Last edited:
I've taken Ratby from the Leics senior league to the champions league. My current team includes Marco Van Rental, Jumanji, Crappa, Crappinho, Mackinho, Huuuminho and Gooey Gudoneson.

Anstey Nomads have made a bid of £70 million for Crappa so I'm tempted to let him go and spend the money on chocolate biscuits.

Just won the playoffs to get leicester in 2 the prem signed ochoa for 10 mil ever banega for 1.9, diaby for 4mill got nicolas burdisso on a free and milan stepanov for 4 mill see how they do me this season

wooo, ended up finishing 3rd with Leicester in the Prem after 2 years of finishing 16th :) Champions League and big bucks for me now!

Vukecevic got player of the year, after getting 27 goals and 20 assists in his 35 games!

Last edited:
Finished my 1st premier league season and managed to get into the uefa cup qualifying rounds signed park ji sung, momo, leon osman, miguel and dentinho and so far parks been my best buy getting 7 goals and 3 assists in 9 games qualified 4 the group stages and so far won both of my games

Finished my 1st premier league season and managed to get into the uefa cup qualifying rounds signed park ji sung, momo, leon osman, miguel and dentinho and so far parks been my best buy getting 7 goals and 3 assists in 9 games qualified 4 the group stages and so far won both of my games

...and breathe.

11th in October. Highlights of the season so far have been beating chelsea 2-0 and coming from 3-1 down against Villa at half time to beat them 4-3!

I've started my CL campaign well, 2 wins from 2 so far...

In the league, I've not lost in my opening 7 games... but I have drawn 5! Need to them into wins!

Milan has just announced he wants to leave, and a consortium is going to take over :) Yay! Hopefully get some big bucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669