Football Manager 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm struggling a bit this season... inconsistent

My conceding of goals from crosses is starting to happen far too much for my liking as well. Last season, it was always how I conceded, but it didn't happen enough/I scored enough that I ignored it... now I'm letting in way too many goals from it, and can't seem to get my fullback to stop the crosses!

Pretty much every game i get tld my tackling is shit-any idea of how to improve that?

Sign players with higher tackling attributes. Set your central midfield to hard tackling.

My squad ethic is 'Determined' and my assistant always says how we want it more in the tackling department.

Sign players with higher tackling attributes. Set your central midfield to hard tackling.

My squad ethic is 'Determined' and my assistant always says how we want it more in the tackling department.

:) An FM player who actually knows the word 'attributes' rather than lazily sticking the word 'stats' where it doesn't belong!

Last edited:
:) An FM player who actually knows the word 'attributes' rather than lazily sticking the word 'stats' where it doesn't belong!

To be fair im not your usual player.

For instance, Im still in my first game of FM2009 and I am only in my 3rd season, this is after 15 days solid play. according to the addiction rating my relationships have now expired.

Some people seem to be in their 4th and 5 seasons on 2010 and they cannot be playing the game properly or getting the most out of it.

Those types of players see 'stats' I see 'attributes' ;)

Last edited:
To be fair im not your usual player.

For instance, Im still in my first game of FM2009 and I am only in my 3rd season, this is after 15 days solid play. according to the addiction rating my relationships have now expired.

Some people seem to be in their 4th and 5 seasons on 2010 and they cannot be playing the game properly or getting the most out of it.

Those types of players see 'stats' I see 'attributes' ;)

I only ever got three seasons done on 09. Whizzing through seasons with little or no input seems pointless.

I have a lot of input in my game usually...

But, just tend to do everything in lumps. I set out my training, sort my coaches, set up my scouts and then just tend to leave them to do their thing.

I tend to holiday in between games when there is nothing going on. For me, the bits I get most joy out of the game are tinkering tactics, and finding good new players.

I still get through seasons pretty quickly... but do play constantly as well! I'll have a look in a sec how long I've played this game for so far...

I have a lot of input in my game usually...

But, just tend to do everything in lumps. I set out my training, sort my coaches, set up my scouts and then just tend to leave them to do their thing.

I tend to holiday in between games when there is nothing going on. For me, the bits I get most joy out of the game are tinkering tactics, and finding good new players.

I still get through seasons pretty quickly... but do play constantly as well! I'll have a look in a sec how long I've played this game for so far...

Same here

It used to take me about a day (as in 24 hours, rather than a day of playing time) to get through a season.

Going through a lot quicker on the new game though, as it processes so much faster than before.

So far I'm on my 6th season, and have played 3 days, 13 hours.

It used to take me about a day (as in 24 hours, rather than a day of playing time) to get through a season.

Going through a lot quicker on the new game though, as it processes so much faster than before.

So far I'm on my 6th season, and have played 3 days, 13 hours.

Same here, mate. Taking about half a day to do a season, whereas on FM09 it took me a day, all hail the faster system. :icon_bigg

****ing hell I'll be lucky to play 10 games in a day.

Never go on holiday during the season either.

****ing hell I'll be lucky to play 10 games in a day.

Never go on holiday during the season either.

I've never gone on holiday, but I'm currently 2nd in the BSN with Hinckley playing with the click continue and hope method, so doesn't that make your method a waste of time? :icon_wink:icon_bigg

edit: sorry, now 1st, scored 9 goals in the last 2 games

Last edited:
Good players seem to be a LOT more expensive on this game...

I'm not really finding any good, young, cheap players to strengthen my squad. Even with £25m-ish transfer budget each year, I can only sign 1 or 2 players with that that are actually good enough.

Even all the players at Brazilian teams seem to be a lot more expensive...

Got Hinckley promoted as champions, with no cheating. Am quite proud really. Had N'Guessen and Hayes on season long loans and were creating so many chances for the forwards it was untrue.

The ****in' thing won't load my Leicester or Burton games so I created and saved a new game to see if that would save and load and it works fine.

I keep getting a message saying 'XML parsing error, not well informed (invaled token)'

WTF? Anyone know what the funk is going on?

Started again with Leicester, but this time offered the likes of Viera and Smolarek loads of money to make sure they came. I finished 3rd which was disappointing considering I was in the top 2 most of the season but then slumped towards the end. I stuttered through the playoffs, after drawing both of the semi final legs and then winning the penalty shootout, before again winning a penalty shootout in the final.

Have signed Amr Zaki on a free and Barry Robson for £450K so far this summer.

The ****in' thing won't load my Leicester or Burton games so I created and saved a new game to see if that would save and load and it works fine.

I keep getting a message saying 'XML parsing error, not well informed (invaled token)'

WTF? Anyone know what the funk is going on?

Have you downloaded some facepacks or logopacks or tactics or something?

I got that error too, but deleted the logopacks and then it was fine.

I'm in 2018/19 now in my Leicester game.

Still not won anything... came so close to winning the Prem last year, was about 6 points clear I think, with games in hand... then last 5/6 games or so my form went to pot and I ended up finishing 3rd! :(

Doing well this year though, battling it out at the top with Man City, who had won the league 3 or 4 years in a row until last year. Sunderland ended up pipping me and them to the title!

Liverpool got relegated from the Prem as well (with Reina, Gerrard, Torres, Mascherano and Babel all still at the club!). And now this season, Arsenal are 16th half way through the season :) They've got lots of good players though! So hope they go down and I can raid them haha

Damn, I'm playing too many games this season!

In the quarter finals of the FA Cup, and have had a replay every round so far to get through... and am still in the Champions League at the QF stage... means that due to all the rearranged games, my FA Cup Quarter Final Replay is during an international break, and I've got 17 players away on international duty (as well as 1 injured and 1 suspended)! They've got 15...

Gotta play my youth team :( Thankfully, my defence is still more or less my normal defence. Ish. They've got reserves, which are much, much better than my youth team! Even my good youth players are away lol. Literally scraped the barrel, still got players out of position! They're team is alright more or less, only 1 or 2 crap youth players in it :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670