Football Manager 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
After saying I wasn't consistent enough last season, I am currently on a 39 game unbeaten run in the league, having played 21 games this season... so didn't lose in my last 18 of last season!

Even so though, I'm top of the league this year, but only 4 points clear having drawn 7 of my 21 league games... need to cut out the draws!

Oooooooh! Just at the end of the 2023/24 season, and starting to get a bit bored with Leicester.... my board just announced I'm getting a new stadium! :D

Will take a year to build, so last season in the Walkers now for me... new stadium capacity of 57,576! I've never had a new stadium built before... wooo! Stadium sponsorship deal for £100m sounds pretty nice to go with it! lol

Last edited:
Oooooooh! Just at the end of the 2023/24 season, and starting to get a bit bored with Leicester.... my board just announced I'm getting a new stadium! :D

Will take a year to build, so last season in the Walkers now for me... new stadium capacity of 57,576! I've never had a new stadium built before... wooo! Stadium sponsorship deal for £100m sounds pretty nice to go with it! lol

Do you have a job!? Surely by then all of the players are computer generated ones, doesn't that make it very hard to play?

Do you have a job!? Surely by then all of the players are computer generated ones, doesn't that make it very hard to play?

Lol, only a few days a week at the minute... practically unemployed. And then I play FM all day. Cos I'm cool like that.

But yeah, I do go through it pretty quick too... It's taken me 9 days (and 1 minute) to get to the end of 23/24

And I am finding it a lot harder now to find players... maybe I didn't load enough leagues... there seem to be very really good players out there. Can't really find anyone to improve my team... or even any/many young players who are have the potential to be leading Premiership players in future...

Last edited:
Sound like he's rushing through the game without having too much input. Why would it be more difficult though?

It may just be me but when you first start and have real players you have a good idea of players you might like to buy, based on real life. Once they are all made up you are purely reliant upon scouts and filters.

It may just be me but when you first start and have real players you have a good idea of players you might like to buy, based on real life. Once they are all made up you are purely reliant upon scouts and filters.

I agree to be honest... I like getting to this stage of the game though... well, a few years before this stage actually... where there are good regens, but still good players you know as well.

Unfortunately there don't seem to be many good regens left in my game... Will probably wait for my new stadium to be built, play a year or 2 in that, then start a new game (and load more leagues this time, as it goes so quick anyway I can handle it being slowed down a tad)

Iv found that at that stage the regens are so dissapointing that the game just becomes bland and pointless. Its impossible to find anyone decent and there are never any Messi's or Ronaldo's that come along.

Thats what its like in my game now more or less... but again, I think its down to just not having enough leagues loaded.

Although strangely, nearly all of the decent regens in my game seem to be Brazilian, and I don't have Brazil loaded...

That's because you're letting the AI train them. Go through the U21s & U19s of the top ranked national sides.

Find a player with potential to be a Leading Star for any Premier League side (there are many) and train them up yourself.

Last edited:
Hmmm maybe you're right.... I think I'm just getting bored of my current game anyway though.

I downloaded FM Scout to try to prove my point, by searching for players with PA of 180+ and at most 22... turns out there are actually a couple more in my current game than there are at the start of the game lol. I'm right about most being Brazilian though... 16 of the 29 players that come up are Brazilian (and 3 are Argentinian).

Last edited:
Yeah. I've always found the AI shit at training up regens.

I buy them young and then train them up myself. Doesn't seem to harm you that much putting a couple of average players with potential to be great in your side if the rest of your side is top class. A lot of young players play above their ability anyway when given first team action.

They soon get good with the first team action and usually become world class by the age of about 21. Even younger if you started playing them at about 16.

I have the youngest squad in the Premier League, with only 2 or 3 players over the age of 23 and still won the title at a canter.

Last edited:
But because so many are Brazilian, I can't sign them yet because of work permits... and then the ones that are older, have already been ruined.

Good stats, but crap in vital places (ie defenders with good technical stats, but terrible positioning/strength... strikers with good finishing/pace, but no composure/off the ball etc)... So they aren't much use!

Well then you need to adapt your training to train them in the right places. Their CA can only reach a certain level (i.e. their PA) so for example it's pointless to waste a striker's ability points on Marking, when they could be on finishing.

I've actually found quite a few great UK & Irish regens, but a lot of them actually turn up in the Irish or Northern Irish leagues at Derry City or Linfield or something.

Thats what I mean... because they're in Brazil and stuff, I can't sign them that early... and by the time I get them, the AI has trained them in a bad way, and it's too late to fix them :(

I've started a new game and loaded EVERY country's top division. (Down to League 1 in England). Put Spain, France, Italy and Germany as playable, the rest as view only... should give me plenty of players continually coming through, of different nationalities... and game speed still says 4.5 stars. :)

Cool. Just looked: All of my 3 world class UK & Ireland regens all started at Irish or Northern Irish clubs.

One is Northern Irish the other 2 are Irish and they were are all full internationals by the age of 18

Just reading your various comments is enough to ensure me that my decision not to buy the new game was the right one.

It sounds like the quickest game in the history of the series, the fact that people are already in the 2020's is just silly and proves people play with no real input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669