Football Manager 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
What bromance? Muh... Drog and Vagner Love?

I just find I'm really, really inconsistent on this game.... With Everton, switched my tactic and destroyed Spurs 4-0, with about 20 shots on goal and 8 clear cut chances. Thought "awesome, sorted!"

Next game lost 1-0 to Stoke and barely had a shot on goal!

Sorry i wasnt very clear with that, i was being sarcastic because everyone was laughing at me :081:

He's cost a bit in wages but Chris Martin turned us down. Only need a couple of players off the books to feel the gap.

I love feeling the gap, Alex is ideal, you can't touch the sides.

After 3 pretty uneventful seasons with Everton to be honest, finishing 8th, 7th and then 9th (with a League Cup final which I lost), I managed to push on last season and finished 3rd :)

Had a pretty tight transfer budget most seasons, including this one I'm now about to start (only given £11m... not really enough to buy a first team player, so spent it on youth)

I signed Joe Mattock at the beginning of last season to fill my left back void, and he was actually my highest rated player of the season, with an average rating of 7.2! Impressive.

This season, just hoping to get past the group stages of the Champions League to get the big money, and then make sure I qualify again through the league.

I would never buy Mattock, I always avoid/annoy players/teams I hate irl. You can call Gary Megson an "arse-licking, Judas donkeywipe" and he still didn't have any less than a "fairly poor opinion" of you.

It's a shame I couldn't tell them where to stick it when I was linked with the manager's job at Cov as well. :icon_wink

Currently managing Barwell in the Midland football alliance. A few loanees from Mansfield and Oxford and I'm romping the league. Could have done with a little FA cup run to raise some cash but went out in the 2nd qualifying round...

Found better Francois Zoko....just seen off Bradford 4-0 away from home. Interesting to see what happens when Willy gets going too.

Willy, Bell and Ball are all vital signings IMO.

Last edited:
Gahhh, stupid game is out to get me.

Last season, my first in the CL with Everton, my group was Inter, AZ and Brondby, and I didn't make it through

This season, my group is Inter, AZ and Dinamo Kiev! lol
Bastards

Im finding the CL almost impossible with whoever im managing. I seem to draw all my group matches , even if im destroying teams in the league i still struggle in the CL.

This is possible the greatest week of my life, nothing happens at work for the next 3 days so im allowed to bring my laptop in with me :D.

3 days of FM and im being paid to play it ! hahah

9th in League 2 - February with Burton. Getting a bit difficult now, back four is shite and I don't have the money to change it. Score plenty with Zoko and Topp plus found Eddie Johnson at some second division American club but he got sent off on his debut after setting up two goals. Running out of steam....

9th in League 2 - February with Burton. Getting a bit difficult now, back four is shite and I don't have the money to change it. Score plenty with Zoko and Topp plus found Eddie Johnson at some second division American club but he got sent off on his debut after setting up two goals. Running out of steam....

No defenders you can get in on loan? I've not managed League 2 on this one yet, but I would imagine there are Championship defenders you could get on loan for free that would be good enough to add some improvement to your defence?

No defenders you can get in on loan? I've not managed League 2 on this one yet, but I would imagine there are Championship defenders you could get on loan for free that would be good enough to add some improvement to your defence?

Got Daniel Ayala from L'pool on loan. Pretty much seeing the season out now...12th not bad considering a prediction of 12th. Re-build and have a go at the playoffs next season.

I've finally started getting into this now.

Started with a game as Arsenal to learn the ropes (as i always do), found it really difficult to get consistent results. Hopefully that is just the game trying to challenge you when you get to the higher levels. Think i was about 7th in February when i stopped playing it. Borriello was my major (and best) signing, he was banging in the goals all over the place. Only problem was that he cost most of my budget (around £19mil) so i couldn't strengthen the dodgy back-line. No matter what i did, the CBs just did not mark well enough.

Just started again, but unemployed this time. Got the Charlton job at the end of October. 17t in the league, no money and already over wage budget - this will be fun!

after 3 back to back Premiership trophies I've been offered the England job....strange thing is I've been getting offered it since June and its now February but when I accept **** all happens - anyone had similar problem?

after 3 back to back Premiership trophies I've been offered the England job....strange thing is I've been getting offered it since June and its now February but when I accept **** all happens - anyone had similar problem?

Same old, same old fitz. Whoever accepts the England job, **** all happens

Right im getting pissed off with this now. I have the new game but it seems totally shit and I have not even played a game.

Am I right in thinking that you cannot select which nations you want your players loading from on this version? The amount of players available from overseas is awfull.

I have restarted 3 times now because of the lack of players, I have loads of leagues as 'read only' and even the players in those leagues are made up, Leicester for instance just have shit loads of home grown players who are not even real.

Help because im about to throw this shit in the bin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00