Football Manager 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Man City just lost to 15th place Crystal Palace, and I won 3-0 away to Forest! I'm top! With 1 game to go! Ahead by a point! Beat Stoke at home and the title is mine! Woo!

And Man City just lost to 15th place Crystal Palace, and I won 3-0 away to Forest! I'm top! With 1 game to go! Ahead by a point! Beat Stoke at home and the title is mine! Woo!

I won! I won 3-0, and so did Man City! So I win! Championes! Woooooo!

Finished on 91 points, Man City on 90 (both with +51 goal difference!), Liverpool 3rd on 71 points and Man Utd 4th on 68!

So close between me and City, but ran away from everyone else!

Last edited:
Iv hit gold with my Chelsea game. 4 Years in and iv got them playing like Arsenal.

Basically i used the golden oldies of the current Chelsea squad-

Frank Lampard, Ashley Cole, Didier Drogba ,Micheal Essien ,John Terry ,Peter Cech

Whilst bleeding my next generation of youngsters -

Lukaku ,Gourcruff, Vagnor Love, Rafael Sobis ,Curtis Davies, Kakutu

Once the first lot of stars turned 32-33 i flogged them and used the youngters as their replacements.

Last edited:
I started a proper game with Leiester the other day (previous effort was with the old tactic set-up).

Surprised at how lenient big Milan is. currently in 22nd place after about 40 games, have been in the relegation zone for most of the season. Consistency has been a massive problem.

Following a drastic formation change to 4-5-1 (2 DMs, Wingers and an AMC), I have won 3 out of the last four so i might just creep out of danger.

Found it quite difficult to get rid of the dead-wood (most of it had only just signed). Tunchev was sold for £5mil in January, but managed to sign two good CBs for the money as well as a new LB.

Nacer Barazite has been pretty good on loan, and Wesolowski has been involved after a recall from his loan. Hobbs, Wellens, Gallagher have been disappointing. Neilson has done surprisingly well - he's keeping an impressive Danny Mills out of the side.

If i keep the job/avoid relegation i will be after a new keeper and a winger or two.

Regen = Regenerated players, based on players who retire

Newgen = Newly generated players, based on nothing

They'd shoot you for calling them regens on the SI forums...

I think...

A quick check confirms this is indeed a word used in FM/SI world. Not something I've ever heard though - shows what I know.

Gourcruff

Gourcuff is a FM legend, but anyone ever seen him irl?

One of his goals for Bordeaux last season was one of the greatest goal I have ever seen.

I started a proper game with Leiester the other day (previous effort was with the old tactic set-up).

Surprised at how lenient big Milan is. currently in 22nd place after about 40 games, have been in the relegation zone for most of the season. Consistency has been a massive problem.

Following a drastic formation change to 4-5-1 (2 DMs, Wingers and an AMC), I have won 3 out of the last four so i might just creep out of danger.

Found it quite difficult to get rid of the dead-wood (most of it had only just signed). Tunchev was sold for £5mil in January, but managed to sign two good CBs for the money as well as a new LB.

Nacer Barazite has been pretty good on loan, and Wesolowski has been involved after a recall from his loan. Hobbs, Wellens, Gallagher have been disappointing. Neilson has done surprisingly well - he's keeping an impressive Danny Mills out of the side.

If i keep the job/avoid relegation i will be after a new keeper and a winger or two.

If you play Gallagher as a striker he turns into a 20+ goals a season man. In my league City were relegated back to league 1 in the first season, he scored 22 goals for them and they came straight back up. The following year he scored another 18 in the Championship.

It might not work everytime but he does have the potential.

I'm playing Gallagher in the AMC role, he's actually doing quite well there. Kermorgant scored 20+ goals in that season.

If you're interested, i was a point behind Sheff Wed (safety) on the last game.

Beat Middlesborough 4-1 at home, but Sheff Wed beat Sheff U 2-1. Sacked. I just wished i had found the tactic earlier on.

So i started again :icon_redf

Wednesday - went on a super run with 4-3-1-2. Cleverley in the hole. Kadlec (loan Chelsea) up top with 28 goal Tudgay. We're 17th but have a hard run-in. As it stands, I have done what was required and more. Wheeling and dealing will be the goal in the summer...the squad needs some back-up and more.

Some french fella is at the club...average. Loans in have been pretty poor tbh. However, Murphy and another chap from Arsenal have come in for back-up.

Highlight of the season was coming back against Leeds from one down to do em' two one with ten men. Our comeback against City from 3 down being the catalyst for our turn in form.

Won the league 3 years in a row with Everton now, winning the League Cup as well last season. Usually I'd be getting bored by now, but I actually love my team... and I think the fact that I havn't won the Champions League yet helps give me more of a challenge!

I started this season terribly, losing 4 of my first 6 games I think... but clawed it back well and changed my tactics, and am now on amazing form. Winning almost every game 4-0 at the moment! Unbeaten in 13 league games... about 16/17 overall.

Going well :) Team is on fire!

I've just won my 4th consecutive league title with Everton, and am in the FA Cup Final, and just beat Man City to reach the Champions League Final for the first time as well :) Treble is on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  614
2Arsenal614
3Chelsea613
4Liverpool512
5Aston Villa512
6Newcastle611
7Nottm F610
8Brighton69
9Fulham69