Football Manager 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now in January, played 27 games, won 23, drawn 4 :) Goal difference of +52 (conceded 11, scored 63)

Had Luke O'Neill on loan for 3 months, but he wouldn't renew it... then a few days after he went back to Leicester, tried again, and got him to sign on for another 7 month loan :)

Had a few of my players start to be stolen now though! 4 players left in December, and nothing I could do about it! All my players are on amateur contracts so free to leave anytime! Only 1 was a starter, so it's not too bad. Starting centre back leaving was a bit of a bitch, but I managed to sign Andy Crosby from Scunthorpe, who actually looks far better anyway :)

Trying to bring in 40 year old Chris Powell now too! Got Robbie Burns on loan from City too :)

Just hope I don't lose too many star players before the end of the season! Although I'm on 73 points already in a 42 game season... 85 will probably be enough for promotion anyway I would think (top 2 go up). Currently 19 points ahead of 2nd, 21 ahead of 3rd :)

And Chris Powell signs! Woo

Last edited:
Now in January, played 27 games, won 23, drawn 4 :) Goal difference of +52 (conceded 11, scored 63)

Had Luke O'Neill on loan for 3 months, but he wouldn't renew it... then a few days after he went back to Leicester, tried again, and got him to sign on for another 7 month loan :)

Had a few of my players start to be stolen now though! 4 players left in December, and nothing I could do about it! All my players are on amateur contracts so free to leave anytime! Only 1 was a starter, so it's not too bad. Starting centre back leaving was a bit of a bitch, but I managed to sign Andy Crosby from Scunthorpe, who actually looks far better anyway :)

Trying to bring in 40 year old Chris Powell now too! Got Robbie Burns on loan from City too :)

Just hope I don't lose too many star players before the end of the season! Although I'm on 73 points already in a 42 game season... 85 will probably be enough for promotion anyway I would think (top 2 go up). Currently 19 points ahead of 2nd, 21 ahead of 3rd :)

And Chris Powell signs! Woo

Sounds a bit easy in terms of the transfer market...

Sounds a bit easy in terms of the transfer market...

Yeah I know what you mean... some of those players signing are very unrealistic I would think.

Having said that though, it also seems slightly random, as I've had players from Blue Square Prem reserve teams turn me down as they're not interested in an amateur deal!

With the loans, I've managed to pick up good players... Luke O'Neill, Robbie Burns (both from Leicester), Harry Forrester, Dominik Hofbauer (Both Villa), and Diagne and Darnet (both Forest)

But other than the 2 Forest guys, they were all moves made outside the normal transfer/loan windows, as it doesn't apply at my level (or at least not in the game!). And with all of my signings, nobody else has been in for them at all. Plus I'm friends with Nigel Pearson, Martin O'Neill and Billy Davies, so that's why I've had the offers accepted. Also, they're obviously all Midlands teams, which again might play a part.

I'm not sure, but I'm guessing all those things have played a part in me being able to sign them, but yes, they still wouldn't sign in real life I'm sure.

The permanent signings from a higher level (Powell etc) have all been very old and not played a game all season, so again, that could be why.

The only young player, from a high level, that I've been able to sign permanently is Ben Fairclough from Notts County, who has been my star. 26 goals in 26 starts (plus 2 as sub). Awesome.

Last edited:
Graz, how long have you given yourself to get to the Prem then? haha.

You can do it !

Promotion every season clearly ;)

Won the league with 7 games to go.

Am in the final of the Leicestershire Challenge Cup, against Anstey Nomads from Tier 10. They beat Hinckley in the semi final! Bit gutted, because even though it gives me a much better chance of winning the Cup now, I would've liked to play Hinckley in the final as a test of my team!

Promotion every season clearly ;)

Won the league with 7 games to go.

Am in the final of the Leicestershire Challenge Cup, against Anstey Nomads from Tier 10. They beat Hinckley in the semi final! Bit gutted, because even though it gives me a much better chance of winning the Cup now, I would've liked to play Hinckley in the final as a test of my team!

I don't understand how you can do a league so fast.

What legues do you have loaded and what database size etc?

I don't understand how you can do a league so fast.

What legues do you have loaded and what database size etc?

I've played 17 hours on this game already though? Since the end of January I've been holidaying a lot between weeks, because there was nothing for me to do in between.

Just English league loaded (all the way down obviously to tier 10)... but all players with continetal reputation loaded from every continent, and national reputation from Europe.

Okay I think I might be a bit stuck this year!

Have become semi-professional, which means I can now actually pay people and get people on part time contracts... problem is... everyone now seems like they will only accept a part time contract, not an amateur one! Which means I have to pay them... and my wage/transfer budgets are both still £0! I have no money to pay them with!

Err....

May I reccomend Joszef Kanta, a Hungarian attacking midfielder available for roughly £200,000 and piss all wages. Perfect for a lower championship/L1 team.

Last edited:
Okay I think I might be a bit stuck this year!

Have become semi-professional, which means I can now actually pay people and get people on part time contracts... problem is... everyone now seems like they will only accept a part time contract, not an amateur one! Which means I have to pay them... and my wage/transfer budgets are both still £0! I have no money to pay them with!

Err....

Looks like your sticking with what you already have and the youth players.

Looks like your sticking with what you already have and the youth players.

My squad got pulled apart towards the end of the season, lost both my keepers before my cup final (which I won anyway)... and got ripped apart some more pre-season :( I was left with 5 of my first team players and 2 subs by the time the loans had all gone back too.

For some reason it is letting me offer players wages though, despite having no wage budget! Can't really find anybody even remotely decent that will join me though. Had planned to mainly use free loans this season again, but can't find anyone willing to join! Even players that were interested in joining last year, now won't! Weird and annoying.

So I've concentrated on using the wage money to sign up the key players I had left to part-time contracts (to make sure no one steals them away too!).
Also managed to pick up Marcus Hahnemann! Dougie Freedman and Chris Perry too (all agreed amateur deals before the season updated and I became semi-pro). So now signed all them to part-time deals too.

Going to switch to 4-3-3 I think as I have no wingers left... so my formation will now become even more route 1!

What does your bank balance look like? Any chance of asking the board for more wage money?

What does your bank balance look like? Any chance of asking the board for more wage money?

Bank balance was £47k at the start of the season (not bad really considering it was only £2k when I started).

Asked the board for wage/transfer money though and they said no.

Think it is going to be tough as I go on with very little money, and a 1000 seat stadium which I don't own... means at some point the board are going to have to build me a stadium I'd think, but that's going to take a lot of money. Getting to the Premiership, or even to the League, might be harder than I expected ;)

My team is good enough for now though for this league... just very little backup this year, so hope I don't get too many injuries. Might put out a weaker team for the cups (except the FA Cup, because I need prize money), to make sure my team have more time to recover between games. They struggle with 2 in a week.

Got to admit, I may get a similar game going myself.

Sounds fecking amazing.

Got to admit, I may get a similar game going myself.

Sounds fecking amazing.

It's taking quite a long while processing though which is a bit frustrating... maybe I shouldn't have loaded so many players as well!

It is good fun though, definetely :)

It's taking quite a long while processing though which is a bit frustrating... maybe I shouldn't have loaded so many players as well!

It is good fun though, definetely :)

I don't mind that, my games take ****ing ages.

I don't mind that, my games take ****ing ages.

I'm impatient though lol. This is why I end up holidaying between games! When it takes a while to process each day, I just stick it on holiday for the week so I can do something in the meantime instead of just having to wait 30 seconds then click again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00