Football Manager 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry about the naming of the rounds in the FA Cup, it's because the game limits the number of qualifying rounds for cup competitions. So while it appears round three has been moved to November, it's really round one, and so on :icon_wink

So now I'm in Round 2... but that's really still a qualifying round, right?

Need to get to Round 3 to actually be in Round 1? I've got Kettering this round!

That'll be the Fourth Qualifying Round.

Gotcha... in the first round proper now then (3rd round in game)

Rewarded with a home tie against Watford of League 1! Oooh.

Uhhh.. although for some reason, this FA Cup game with Watford is listed twice on my fixtures list.. I'm playing them Saturday, then Tuesday as well! Both listed as FA Cup games, both at home! Hmm!

Ah that's why... the game got postponed due to a waterlogged pitch, and it just hadn't cleared it off the original day straight away. :)
Draw for the next round is done already (2nd round), and if I win I'm at home again to Eastleigh of Blue Square South! So beat Watford and I should have a good chance of making it to the 3rd round! :)

Last edited:
Hmmm... getting a bit frustrated with how slow the game is running now.

It's not even just processing between days and stuff, like actually on the menu screens (particularly on the squad screen), it seems to be taking a long while to respond... not quite sure why, as I don't think the database size should effect that! Hmmm...

Not sure what to do, as I don't really want to have to start again... but, I'm only in November of the 2nd season... so I guess it would be better to start over now than get massively pissed off after another season or 2 and want to start again then!

Last edited:
Hmmm... getting a bit frustrated with how slow the game is running now.

It's not even just processing between days and stuff, like actually on the menu screens (particularly on the squad screen), it seems to be taking a long while to respond... not quite sure why, as I don't think the database size should effect that! Hmmm...

Not sure what to do, as I don't really want to have to start again... but, I'm only in November of the 2nd season... so I guess it would be better to start over now than get massively pissed off after another season or 2 and want to start again then!

Whatever you do, don't use that file at all if you don't plan to load all the leagues. Disaster! Try Uncle Ron's instead, it's in-depth without overdoing it :icon_wink

Whatever you do, don't use that file at all if you don't plan to load all the leagues. Disaster! Try Uncle Ron's instead, it's in-depth without overdoing it :icon_wink

How do you mean? You mean don't load it unless I actually plan on playing in those leagues?

I wouldn't anyway... usually if I'm managing Champ/Prem team, I only load down to League 1 usually.

What's Uncle Ron's?

How do you mean? You mean don't load it unless I actually plan on playing in those leagues?

Yeah, untick the file in the start game menu before you load up a new game. If you don't and you only load down to, say, Conference, all those regional cups he's added will end up with Manchester United in them. I don't know why it happens, it just does. Now I think of it, there's a 'Lite' version of his file that only goes down to Step 4 (here).

What's Uncle Ron's?

This.

Just sterted with Coalville Town.

Barely have any players not including the youth team squad.

It's going to be a nice battle.

Explained this lower league thing to my mate and said I was managing Barrow Town, he asked why I wasn't playing as Quorn as I live just down the road. I said it was because I know a couple of lads that play for the under 18s and i wanted more of a challenge. He now thinks I'm a right sad ****. Which I am kind of to be fair.

Update on the Lufbra! ;)

Won the League again this year... didn't do quite so well, only one it with 6 games to go this time ;) But, I've actually lost 4 league games! Drawn 3 (still got the 6 games to go though).

So 2 successive promotions so far! Promotion again next season will put me in the BSN/BSS (I'm assuming I'll go in North?)

So far so good!

I've embarked on a new game recently after having Leicester piss on the Premiership and Champions league for too long. Currently manager of Bradford Park Avenue and have had back to back promotions up to the Blue Square Premiership, despite this the fans are not exactly turning up in their numbers still :icon_lol: has anyone else had ridiculous job offers from Prem clubs while being below the Conference?

I've embarked on a new game recently after having Leicester piss on the Premiership and Champions league for too long. Currently manager of Bradford Park Avenue and have had back to back promotions up to the Blue Square Premiership, despite this the fans are not exactly turning up in their numbers still :icon_lol: has anyone else had ridiculous job offers from Prem clubs while being below the Conference?

Leicester sacked Nige, and offered me the job. Scunny wanted me too, and someone else from League 1. Can't remember who now. No Premiership teams yet. (Leicester got relegated to League 1)

Coalville Town side taking shape, apart form the forwards, one has a finishing rating of two and the other is an amazing one.

And im seriously struggling to get a striker in.

Try and loan prijovic from Derby, although he might not drop that low. I had him for 2 seasons an he fired Loughborough dynamo in the blue square north. Struggling now though as no ****er wants to come to me anymore.

As usual i played FM to death, completed almost 6 seasons and then got bored. I just lost interest. I tried to start a league as Blackburn manager but its just so dull. I might give it a rest and then come back.

If you need entertainment you could try reading a comic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00