Football Manager 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
2009/2010- Came 2nd in League 1 and got Leeds promoted.

2010/2011- I was 7th in the Championship but went on a dreadful run; didn't win in 11 matches. I was sacked due to a takeover. Coppell went from Charlton to Leeds.

Charlton approached me straight away. They were 5th in the table in League 1. I won League one winning 14 out of 15 games.

2011/2012- Just played my first match at Elland Road vs Leeds and demolished them 4-1 :038:

Had a decent budget due to selling some players i.e. Gradel for £6million to Everton.

My current squad has the likes of Christian Daily, Julian Bennett, Paul Wotton, Matic (on loan), Koumas, Carlos Edwards, Lloyd Sam, Jay Simpson, Welbeck & Daniel Sturridge.

Got great young signings who have attracted attention from Premier League clubs.

Got a great balance in the team. Any thing lower then finishing in the Play offs would be a failure IMO, something that could make me resign as I'm simply not good enough.

Finished the league season with a 14 game winning streak!

34 games unbeaten in all competitions

FA Cup Final.... vs Spurs.... 1-0 win :) Double!

Champions League Final.... vs Real Madrid... gulp! YES! 1-0 win again :)

I've invested a lot in youth on this game... and it's now really paid off, quite a few players in my team are players that have come through the ranks a bit... not all starters, but squad players at least. A lot of them around 23/24 now. Now going to use the end of this season to find the next generation, and try to start getting some of those in :)

Last edited:
I just got a message in the game I've never seen before, informing me I'm now an Everton Legend! :)

"Legendary Day ensures Everton Legacy"
Ensured legendary status at the club after winning his 10th trophy in 11 years at the club (just won European Super Cup)

Go me!

I just got a message in the game I've never seen before, informing me I'm now an Everton Legend! :)

"Legendary Day ensures Everton Legacy"
Ensured legendary status at the club after winning his 10th trophy in 11 years at the club (just won European Super Cup)

Go me!

I had that, just this version

''Legendary Gregory ensures legacy at Burton'
Harry Gregory ensured his legendary status at Pirelli Stadium when he was found ****ing the Chairman's 19 year old daughter up against the trophy cupboard and in the process smashing the office fishtank.

:icon_wink

I had that, just this version

''Legendary Gregory ensures legacy at Burton'
Harry Gregory ensured his legendary status at Pirelli Stadium when he was found ****ing the Chairman's 19 year old daughter up against the trophy cupboard and in the process smashing the office fishtank.

:icon_wink

Haha, nice work ;)

I'm bored now... don't know if I'm just bored of my Everton game now I've won everything... or bored because I've been constantly playing FM... or just bored in general!

Might start a new game though with someone right down the bottom in the BSN/BSS and try to take them all the way

Might start a new game though with someone right down the bottom in the BSN/BSS and try to take them all the way

Finally, a real game.

Although I would reccomend starting in the East Mids with Bardon Sports, cracking.

Finally, a real game.

Although I would reccomend starting in the East Mids with Bardon Sports, cracking.

You can't play below BSN/BSS in the game, can you? If you can start lower I will! I started as Hinckley but have only got as far as my first game so might start again (especially if I can go lower)... I've ended up with a gigantic squad and it's a bit annoying!

You can't play below BSN/BSS in the game, can you? If you can start lower I will! I started as Hinckley but have only got as far as my first game so might start again (especially if I can go lower)... I've ended up with a gigantic squad and it's a bit annoying!

Go to the SI official forums, find the forum called Editor's Hideaway. One of the mods - Super Bladesman - has uploaded his unbelievably comprehensive file that has Step 6 activated (in other words, an extra four tiers). The file's not without its problems but it's a cracking effort. Another member - Uncle Ron - has uploaded his file that goes down to Step 4.

Go to the SI official forums, find the forum called Editor's Hideaway. One of the mods - Super Bladesman - has uploaded his unbelievably comprehensive file that has Step 6 activated (in other words, an extra four tiers). The file's not without its problems but it's a cracking effort. Another member - Uncle Ron - has uploaded his file that goes down to Step 4.

Yeah thanks, I found it :)

Drooling!

Was going to start at Level 10, but none of the teams I was thinking of using are that low.

Wanted to use a team that I care more about rather than just any random team. Going to use Loughborough University I think! :) Take my uni all the way to the Champions League! They're Level 9, so almost at the bottom!

This is going to be awesome. Tempted to add my Uni mates in as players (not good players, just add them to the team and let the game determine ability/position) just so I know some players ha

Last edited:
Yeah thanks, I found it :)

Drooling!

Was going to start at Level 10, but none of the teams I was thinking of using are that low.

Wanted to use a team that I care more about rather than just any random team. Going to use Loughborough University I think! :) Take my uni all the way to the Champions League! They're Level 9, so almost at the bottom!

This is going to be awesome.

Don't worry about the naming of the rounds in the FA Cup, it's because the game limits the number of qualifying rounds for cup competitions. So while it appears round three has been moved to November, it's really round one, and so on :icon_wink

Don't worry about the naming of the rounds in the FA Cup, it's because the game limits the number of qualifying rounds for cup competitions. So while it appears round three has been moved to November, it's really round one, and so on :icon_wink

We're expected to finish bottom of the Midlands Alliance... don't think I'll be making it as far as Round 1 of the FA Cup for a while ;)

I don't even get given season expectations? I suppose there's no money, so no point!

Working on becoming friends with lots of managers so that I can get offers accepted for their players easier as I work my way up the leagues!

2 star signings so far are both strikers. Mickael Darnet (on loan from Forest) and Ben Fairclough, from Notts County. Both pacy strikers... my tactic is basically just to throw long balls up for those 2 to run onto. Pacy wingers to get involved as well. Working well in pre-season, won 3 out of 3.

Working on becoming friends with lots of managers so that I can get offers accepted for their players easier as I work my way up the leagues!

2 star signings so far are both strikers. Mickael Darnet (on loan from Forest) and Ben Fairclough, from Notts County. Both pacy strikers... my tactic is basically just to throw long balls up for those 2 to run onto. Pacy wingers to get involved as well. Working well in pre-season, won 3 out of 3.

Sounds quality.

Im trying to emulate one of my best ever games, Cisco Roma in C2C, had an epic game back at Uni.

http://www.thedugout.net/community/showthread.php?p=2669750#post2669750

This tactic is AMAZING and the guy only has 123 posts. Legend.

4-1-3-2 is Alf Ramsey's wingless wonder formation that won England the World Cup and helped get Ipswich Town from League One to Premier League (or their equivalent levels) champions in the space of about 7 years. :icon_wink

I find 3 men midfields work amazingly well on this version of the game, I used a 4-3-1-2 formation for my successful Leeds game.

Where I also became a Leeds legend as said above, as did my star striker.

That said, that formations claim it works for every situation sounds a bit iffy, different formations work in different situations etc. Would this work in the Conference?

Last edited:
Things going very well so far with Lufbra :)

Top of the league after 5 games, having won all 5 (and won my FA Cup 2nd qualifiying round game too)

Fitness seems to be a bit of an issue though, and I don't really have much depth I feel (although I did make sure I signed plenty of decent pacey strikers, so I'm okay there!). Plus my game is very route 1, long ball up to the front men... with this and that at the moment I'm expected to lose each game, I think my team will drop off later in the season... so hopefully I can get enough points early to make sure I stay near the top :)

Bit worried as well about the fact that as my players are all just amateurs, they can leave at any time!

Last edited:
Things going very well so far with Lufbra :)

Top of the league after 5 games, having won all 5 (and won my FA Cup 2nd qualifiying round game too)

Fitness seems to be a bit of an issue though, and I don't really have much depth I feel (although I did make sure I signed plenty of decent pacey strikers, so I'm okay there!). Plus my game is very route 1, long ball up to the front men... with this and that at the moment I'm expected to lose each game, I think my team will drop off later in the season... so hopefully I can get enough points early to make sure I stay near the top :)

Bit worried as well about the fact that as my players are all just amateurs, they can leave at any time!

Graz im hooked, keep it coming. Love me a good read.

Gutted.... just lost my first game of the season after 10 consecutive wins (league and Cup)... and it was my FA Cup 3rd round qualifying game, after I'd already got through the first 2, including knocking out Shepshed from the league above in the last round. Lost 2-0 at home to Shildon, a disappointing result :( (especially with the FA Cup being a good source of revenue!)

Oh well, still in the FA Vase ;)

Last edited:
My winning league run is over :( 11 wins in a row, but drew the 12th game.

Despite my amazing run, I'm still only 2 points clear of 2nd (although with a game in hand).

10 points clear of 3rd though, and I've played 2 games less :) Not bad!

My winning league run is over :( 11 wins in a row, but drew the 12th game.

Despite my amazing run, I'm still only 2 points clear of 2nd (although with a game in hand).

10 points clear of 3rd though, and I've played 2 games less :) Not bad!

Who's top?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00