Football Manager 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just reading your various comments is enough to ensure me that my decision not to buy the new game was the right one.

It sounds like the quickest game in the history of the series, the fact that people are already in the 2020's is just silly and proves people play with no real input.

Surely it's up to you how much input you have though, and therefore I don't really see why that would stop you buying it.

The game processes so much quicker now as well, which helps me flying through... plus I play for about 10 hours a day :p

Hmmm maybe you're right.... I think I'm just getting bored of my current game anyway though.

I downloaded FM Scout to try to prove my point, by searching for players with PA of 180+ and at most 22... turns out there are actually a couple more in my current game than there are at the start of the game lol. I'm right about most being Brazilian though... 16 of the 29 players that come up are Brazilian (and 3 are Argentinian).

What is FM scout and where can I download it?

What is FM scout and where can I download it?

It's a third-party programme which has allowed players to shamelessly cheat at the last few editions of FM. FM10 version available for free download here. Current version is only release candidate 2, but by all accounts it works pretty well.

FM Bol Worn.JPG

Found this re-gen that is the absolut spit of my mate. Just thought I'd share....

It's a third-party programme which has allowed players to shamelessly cheat at the last few editions of FM. FM10 version available for free download here. Current version is only release candidate 2, but by all accounts it works pretty well.

Thanks. Some cheating I shall do. :icon_bigg

I'm using Everton at the minute, and building a pretty decent team I think.

Trying to get in good, young English players as well :)

Rodwell is obviously a key part of my team, and have added Aaron Lennon, Nathan Delfounso, Fabian Delph and Jack Wilshere in there as well now.

Trying to give them all plenty of playing time, although only Rodwell and Lennon are really first choice.

The new patch has ruined my tactic.

Finished 7th last season, and start of this one had won 2, lost 2, drawn 1 (the lossses were away at L'Pool and Arsenal)... since downloading the new patch I've won 1 and lost 5! Shocking!

Now I'm under pressure :(

Bought this yesterday and cannot get into it at all. For some reason the graphics are shit and jerky on my Macbook as well, even though it's well within the recommended spec.

If you've not installed the new patch yet, don't bother... it's so bad that SI have actually taken down the download links for it!

After a very messy christmas doo at the walkers i spent the entire weekend on this game. Just hit January of Year 2 with Chelsea and had the transfer ban uplifted. I almost wet myself when Vagnor Love signed on for £12mill, a VAGNOR- DROGBA partnership would surely win me the league.

No, No it wont. Love has already played for 2 clubs this year (parent club + loaned out), which means he cannot play for me untill next season.

Yes, this sounds like something i probally should have known! but i didnt!

Where was my warning ? now iv blown my budget on a reserve player!

After a very messy christmas doo at the walkers i spent the entire weekend on this game. Just hit January of Year 2 with Chelsea and had the transfer ban uplifted. I almost wet myself when Vagnor Love signed on for £12mill, a VAGNOR- DROGBA partnership would surely win me the league.

No, No it wont. Love has already played for 2 clubs this year (parent club + loaned out), which means he cannot play for me untill next season.

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Serves you right for being a glory boy and picking Chelsea as the team to manage

I finished my first season as Leicester in 15th position, spent the last 10 games giving some young players experience as it was clear I was not going to make the play offs and was clear of relegation.

In the summer I had a massive clear out and actually managed to bring in some fairly decent players. I was looking forward to the start of the new season until I tried to load the game on Saturday and it came up with an error message saying the file was corrupt. :(

Does anyone know if there is anyway of getting round this? Otherwise I will have to start a new game and go through the torture of another season with Robbie Neilson at right back.

I finished my first season as Leicester in 15th position, spent the last 10 games giving some young players experience as it was clear I was not going to make the play offs and was clear of relegation.

In the summer I had a massive clear out and actually managed to bring in some fairly decent players. I was looking forward to the start of the new season until I tried to load the game on Saturday and it came up with an error message saying the file was corrupt. :(

Does anyone know if there is anyway of getting round this? Otherw*s* I will have to start a new game and go through the torture of another season with Robbie Neilson at right back.

Wont be a way around it unless you have a backup/autosave file somewhere...

It would've said on the screen where you make the transfer offer (down at the bottom), and I think also on the contract offer screen as well.

Gutted lol

If you've not installed the new patch yet, don't bother... it's so bad that SI have actually taken down the download links for it!

I find it to be better. :102:

Struggling with it tbh.... stopped losing everygame, but still very inconsistent, players getting knackered etc...

Think the match engine has just changed quite a bit, so I need to more thoroughly go for a new tactic... but this season is almost over/wasted now, so just playing it out and will build something new for next season

What bromance? Muh... Drog and Vagner Love?

I just find I'm really, really inconsistent on this game.... With Everton, switched my tactic and destroyed Spurs 4-0, with about 20 shots on goal and 8 clear cut chances. Thought "awesome, sorted!"

Next game lost 1-0 to Stoke and barely had a shot on goal!

Try with Leeds, that's what I did. It's easier because they have the big fanbase and reputation. The first season you will absolutely walk League One.

But then I kinda got lucky by being taken over by a Hungarian billionaire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669