Football Manager 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon it takes me about one day - solid - to finish a season.

Obviously only playing for an hour here-and-there means it takes much longer.

After beating scunthorpe i'm 3 points off the play offs in 10th place. Isiah Osbourne has been ace since coming in on a 3 month loan-2 goals in a win against west brom on his debut and an equaliser against plymouth.

Currently 6th in the league on a run of 6 wins in a row and 7 unbeaten after 21 games.

Bought In: Zenden, Viduka and Davids.

Lineup:

Weale
Neilson
Hobbs
Tunchev
Powell
Adams
King
Clemence
Wellens
Zenden
DJ Campbell

DJ has been amazing with 17 goals in 21 games :icon_lol:

i brought dj in and he scored 3 in 2 then went shit again. Chris powell is quality!

I've not used Powell at all... maybe I should be.

Michael Ball got sent off, suspended for a couple of games, came back in and got sent off again!

Deej is doing fairly well for me... I keep rotating all my strikers though as I'm still not sure which works best! I did get the message about his personal problems though...

I need to trust in Howard more, as he's banging in.

Being Leeds is riduclously easy, miles ahead of the top of League One, will well surpass the 100 point and goal mark.

Henri Camara just scored 9 goals in 3 games for me.

Currently

P 33
W 23
D 8
L 2
F 81
A 31
GD +50
Pts 77

2nd place has 62pts

Anyone else noticed how goals always come in bunches? Every time i score the opposition equalises or vice versa, or you get/concede two in quick succession

I aint used Howard yet, though i probably should cause Yanns doing **** all. I'm 11th in early feb, just lined up a deal to bring amir zaki in on a free next season...

I aint used Howard yet, though i probably should cause Yanns doing **** all. I'm 11th in early feb, just lined up a deal to bring amir zaki in on a free next season...

I'm in early Feb too, and currently 7th. Howard's got 9 goals in 10 starts + 2 sub appearances :)

Unfortunately him and Henri Camara don't seem to play well when I put them together... not sure why!

My defence has started getting quite leaky... still not losing many games, but during a lot. In late Nov/early Dec I went on a 7 game unbeaten run... and also got a message saying the 6 games without winning was my longest streak... so 6 draws in a row there! Annoying.

*edit* Make that 10 in 11+2 for Howard :) And 4th in the league for me... very close. Only 10 points between 1st and 9th

Last edited:
I'm in early Feb too, and currently 7th. Howard's got 9 goals in 10 starts + 2 sub appearances :)

Unfortunately him and Henri Camara don't seem to play well when I put them together... not sure why!

My defence has started getting quite leaky... still not losing many games, but during a lot. In late Nov/early Dec I went on a 7 game unbeaten run... and also got a message saying the 6 games without winning was my longest streak... so 6 draws in a row there! Annoying.

*edit* Make that 10 in 11+2 for Howard :) And 4th in the league for me... very close. Only 10 points between 1st and 9th

Oh, and I've had Robbie Neilson learning the new "Take flat bullet long throws" move... and it's amazing! Looks awesome, and he's only started doing it in the last couple of games and I've got a goal from it :)

2 goals in one game from it! Wicked

Last edited:
I finished 16th in my first season, a bit shit but hey ho.

It's all going Pete Tong for me :(

2 games left of the season, and I've gone about 8 games now without a win! Howard's awesome form stopped and my team has dropped since... under pressure now with a lot of my players saying that the club is underachieving! Don't know what to do to stop the rot

All the way down to 11th, and 6 points off the playoffs, so I'm not going up this year :(

Very hard to get back to doing uni work after a 15 minute session this morning saw back to back wins against blackpool (which included a fryatt hat trick) and a 3-0 stuffing of the trees (which included a direct free kick by robbie neilson!!!)

Very hard to get back to doing uni work after a 15 minute session this morning saw back to back wins against blackpool (which included a fryatt hat trick) and a 3-0 stuffing of the trees (which included a direct free kick by robbie neilson!!!)

Tut tut. someone has not set up their set piece takers.

After dropping rapidly at the end of my first season, I had a bit of an overhaul over the summer...

Made some good signings, and sold some decent players to make some good money. Sold Tunchev because it was the last year of his contract and he wouldn't sign a new one... got £4.5m for him... Sold Sebastian Viera for £4m... think I got over £1m for Kermogant

Made about £11m in transfer fees altogther, not bad!

Signed about 10 new players though... including Roy Makaay, Marlon Harewood, Adam Johnson, Jerzy Dudek (all frees), and Freddy Adu!

Pretty pleased with my team... want a new left back though, which I've not been able to get. The season all started well, top after 3 games.. but then started to drop again, and now can't stop conceding! :( So annoying!

not sure what to do... I don't want to play really negatively, but might have to, and try to counter... but don't think that will suit my strikers! Hmm

just got into my second season, sold dyer, dj, wayne brown and got in dickson choto for 775k, then on frees got danny simpson, jonatas, jofre, george boatang and zaki.

Blyth through to the FA Cup 3rd round for the 3rd time in their history and 3rd time since I took over. A 4-0 away win at the Chelmsford Sports Ground ensured im in the hat.

Tut tut. someone has not set up their set piece takers.

Set up set piece takers?! How do you ever finish a season!? I set up my team and then just keep clicking next until an injury or suspension or obvious underperformer forces me to change. Then I buy in the window and it's off again. In fact I don't always click next, sometimes I save time by pressing space bar.

Maybe that's why I never win much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670