Football Manager 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
James mcarthur. Sam Robinson and Paul dixon from Scotland are good cheap little buys too.

I've now downloaded this and I'm about to start as my most local team - Friar Lane & Epworth, just a few hundred yards up the road. Should be interesting. They have all made up players on the game apart from one who is my mate.
do you know if asfordby amateurs are available on this cos thats who i play for and it would be cool to manage my own team even if the players are made up lol

Didn't Frankie Wortho play a couple of games for Hinckley Town around that time?

Last edited:
Just started a game with the lower league download, its funny to see my girlfriends cousin on the game. Whats weird is that they actually have his birthday set right.

I started off with Chelsea cus i'm lazy, bought Valencia, Santa Cruz and Foster and despite coming 2nd and winning the FA Cup they sacked me.

Wasn't out of work long. Got offered the Rochdale and Wolves job at the same time and obviously i've took the wolves job. Top of the table with only 1 loss and 1 draw after 17 games. 5pts clear. Have bought Wellens, Kisnorbo, Strevens, Tommy Smith and have Gibbs in on loan from the Arse. Also put a bid in for James Beattie and waiting to see if that gets accepted.

Sold Iwelumo, Edwards, Vokes and Murray for more than there worth.

Ebanks Blake is smashing the goals in and Kisnorbo, Berra and Hennessey are playing immense and have only let in 8 goals all season. The big teams are fishing around for Hennessey though and he's getting a big head. Looks like he could go in january. If so i will probably go for Ben Foster or Mike Pollitt. May even have a look at Chris Weale.

Bought in Nigel Martyn as my goalkeeping coach, Alan Thompson as coach and my assistant is Tore Andre Flo.

Things are looking up!

I have the lower leagues running but I couldn't be bothered to start as one of those teams yet, I need to get into the game more first.

Started with Sunderland. Pre-season signings - Tim de Cler, David Beckham and Ruud Van Nistelrooy. Only two wins in about my first 15 games. I am the only team to beat top of the league Chelsea though,
3-1 at The Stadium of Light - a hat-trick of set pieces from David Beckham. My only other win is a 5-4 victory away to Wolves.

I've had a mixed start. Drew with Swansea and Peterborough, Lost to Newcastle, Ipswich and Barnsley and beat Sheff Utd & Blackpool. currently trying a 4-3-3 formation with gallagher and andy van der meyde either side of Ebi.

Got Leicester up first season, finised 16th in prem the next but I'm really suffering with second season syndrome and have 1 win in 17 games, I wonder when they will sack me.
P.S I hate the fans reaction after the match, how can they be dissappointed with a 1-0 loss away at Chelsea?

How you lot finish seasons so quickly is beyond me. You cannot be playing the game properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669