Football Manager 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
How easy is this game? Beat Swansea 3-0 in the first game, then put my second string out in the cup against Chesterfield and bum-raped them 6-0!

I've got the game arriving soon after I pre ordered it, but I'm desperate for a skeg at the demo. I've downloaded it but it when it asks me what player I want to run it in I can't find one that will play it. Any tips?

How easy is this game? Beat Swansea 3-0 in the first game, then put my second string out in the cup against Chesterfield and bum-raped them 6-0!

I did similar but then lost the next 3 games. Did knock Wolves out in the 2nd Rnd of the League Cup, 1-0 win with a goal from Wayne Brown.

Currently 3rd in the league with 13 points from 6 games but I'm out of the Carling Cup after a narrow 3-2 defeat to Newcastle.

DJ, Musampa and especially Jay Rodiguez are my stand out players - just starting to get a few first teamers out injured though.....

Currently 3rd in the league with 13 points from 6 games but I'm out of the Carling Cup after a narrow 3-2 defeat to Newcastle.

DJ, Musampa and especially Jay Rodiguez are my stand out players - just starting to get a few first teamers out injured though.....

Have now gained just 2 points in the last 7 games and am now down to 18th! All thanks to my two main centre backs being injured, and DJ Campbell's personal problems.....

Finished my first season in 21st just above Peterborough. only a 2-1 win over Middlebrough on the final day kept me up, Henri Camara with both of the goals.

I'm getting frustrated with how complicated the game is. Bring back CM 01/02 :bang:

I don't find it overcomplicated at all, I loved CM01/02 back in the day, but playing it now, it lacks detail, and it's not the same. It takes a lot more time to find good players as you don't have decent scouts for example.

I'm loving it so far... doesn't feel all that different in the end i think, but I've also not really looked into enough of it.

I like the backroom advice though, and the new tactics and presets. It's good

My copy came today, but I'd installed it yesterday from my brothers copy so started playing already. I'm using Spurs (never really use us as a first game, particularly since we have zero budget). After 27 games, I'm 6th. 9 points off 1st, but only 2 behind 2nd.

Signed Alou Diarra at the start of the season, and then signed Beckham and Van Nistelrooy in January who are both doing well for me :) Turned my team around a bit when they were starting to slump. Modric is causing problems in my team though by wanting to leave. Bastard.

One thing is annoying me, when I had finished a session on it I always used to press 'Quit Game' - it gave you the option to save and then once saved it would close the game.
I was playing for ages last night and pressed quit. It just closed the game down without the option to quit so I have lost 2 months worth of the game.

One thing is annoying me, when I had finished a session on it I always used to press 'Quit Game' - it gave you the option to save and then once saved it would close the game.
I was playing for ages last night and pressed quit. It just closed the game down without the option to quit so I have lost 2 months worth of the game.

I do the same, and I havn't had that problem...

End of my first season with Spurs, I finished 2nd behind Man City, and lost in the FA Cup final to Liverpool.

Pretty pleased with that :) Especially since I felt I wasn't doing that well for a lot of the season and didn't really know my best lineup!

Hopefully get some decent money now to buy new players.

Students...hey. Lucky bastards. I am doing 95 mph down the M69 after Uni tomorrow to play seven hours straight on FM.

:icon_lol:

After working 120 hours since my last day off, I'm finally off today... and am basically now out of work for the forseeable future (except for weekends)

So the new FM came out at the perfect time for me! Nothing to do but sit and play.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=159082

^ Someone has actually uploaded a database which goes down to level 10 of the English league pyramid if anyone wants it. That's one below the Midland Alliance, down to the East Midlands Counties Football League

Haven't Tried it so don't know if it works, but it's seemed to get positive feedback.

I've now downloaded this and I'm about to start as my most local team - Friar Lane & Epworth, just a few hundred yards up the road. Should be interesting. They have all made up players on the game apart from one who is my mate.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670