Football Manager 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will this be able to be changed using the data editor?

If it's anything like the recent games, then definitely not.

I foolishly stayed up till 6 in the morning playing this after I got in from work at 1, and I must say I absolutely love it. Nothing too revolutionary, but some very nice little touches here and there. I agree with what people are saying about the skin though - it is a bit too White, and the attribute colours are too similar to tell the difference.

All in all, I'm really looking forward to the game now!

I thought you have always been able to adjust rivalries?

Actually I'm talking bollocks, I've just remembered that you can - you can change favoured personnel and rivalries, adjusting the intensity by percentage.

In the last version, you could change rivalries, but you could only change the favoured personal of people who were currently staff in the game, so in 09 you could for MON, Heskey and Lennon, but not for Lineker, Walsh and Muzzy. There are far more not in the game on Leicester's page this time round.

Gah! Pretty much every game ends in an injury time winner, so annoying.

Played the demo of fm10 its pretty sweet. Bit of a dodgy new skin but apparently that can be changed in the official release.

In the demo, if you go to preferences you can change to a 'dark' version of the skin... much better, in my opinion.

Played the demo through with Man City, did pretty badly (was 7th/8th by the time it finished... but lost a lot to poor teams)

Started another go with Spurs though and I'm doing pretty well... think I got a bit carried away with the new tactics with City and tried to make things too complicated!

Strikers seem to link up a lot better in this version, meaning you can really experiement with different combinations, and targetmen are a lot more effective :)

Having trouble getting into the new tactics wizard, prefer the slide bars.

Im really battling to stop myself getting this. Some of the functions sound great.

Anyone know how? The wizard seems so limited to me.

Just click "advanced" I think it is

Or "classic" tactics or something like that... it's fairly obvious when you look.

Looking forward to getting this... I'm working 80 odd hours this week, including the weekend, so not too bothered about when it comes as I won't get a chance to play it until next week anyway...

Just hope it arrives by Monday, as after my insane week at work this week, I have nothing to do from Monday, so perfect time to get it :)

Anyone know how? The wizard seems so limited to me.

I've only had a quick go, but I think if you click in the top right hand corner on the tactics screen to create a new tactic, I think it gives you the option to change back to the sliders. I'll have a look in a bit and let you know for definite.

EDIT: Yeah, just click 'tactic' in the top right of the tactics screen and then click 'change to classic'.

Last edited:
I've only had a quick go, but I think if you click in the top right hand corner on the tactics screen to create a new tactic, I think it gives you the option to change back to the sliders. I'll have a look in a bit and let you know for definite.

EDIT: Yeah, just click 'tactic' in the top right of the tactics screen and then click 'change to classic'.

OK, cheers. :)

I don't know why, but I'm really not excited about getting this at the moment. I do want it and I've got plenty of time to play it, but I'm just not really that bothered about getting it any time soon.

Might have something to do with the fact that I've got a very engrossing game going on with 09 currently. I think I'll pick it up after the final patch in Jan when everything will be fixed etc.

Mind you, I say this now, I'll probably be first in line to get it at the weekend!

I bought mine off Zaavi. Looks like with this postal strike, the game won't come until next week :icon_cry:

I decided to cancel my order because of the poastal strike so I can just buy it in town on Friday, but I got an email from Zavvi today saying they've posted it. :017:

Can you finally pick two different sides, so have one side ready picked for cup games and then another for league games and just set them like you do a saved formation? I sometimes like to do the arsenal thing of two teams and end up getting pissed off switching players around.

Can you finally pick two different sides, so have one side ready picked for cup games and then another for league games and just set them like you do a saved formation? I sometimes like to do the arsenal thing of two teams and end up getting pissed off switching players around.

You've been able to do this on evey edition haven't you? "Save Selection" Never use it myself, so idk if that's the one you are after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669