Football Manager 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know wht your on about, I've saved my game about 5 times now and each time I have continued my run.

Having a cracking game with Cisco.

Grrr... being in the County Cup thing keeps screwing up my fixture lists.

I've now got 8 games left of the season, and the longest I have off between games is 2 days.

I've just played Saturday, Monday, Thurs and now Sunday

Last edited:
So I've been doing pretty wanky wank since downloading the new patch (although the insane match schedule probably hasn't helped)

Seem to have drawn/lost the majority of my league games since, and not scored many.... but got through to the UEFA Cup final, and beat Barcelona 4-1!!

I rested my whole team and played the U18s in my final league game, so glad that decision proved worthwhile :)

Loughborough University have won the UEFA Cup! First major bit of silverware :)

Last edited:
My second season with Gornik Zabrze ended without silverware. I finished second in the Ekstraklasa, which gives me a spot in next season's Europa League, but I'm disappointed that we didn't pop Legia Warsaw to the title. I think I need to sign a striker who can score goals for fun, so I will be looking towards someone like Robert Lewandowski from Lech Poznan providing the board give me a decent transfer budget.

Aim for next season: League Title, go past the group stage of the EL. If I manage this, it could be my last season in Poland.

So I've been doing pretty wanky wank since downloading the new patch (although the insane match schedule probably hasn't helped)

Seem to have drawn/lost the majority of my league games since, and not scored many.... but got through to the UEFA Cup final, and beat Barcelona 4-1!!

I rested my whole team and played the U18s in my final league game, so glad that decision proved worthwhile :)

Loughborough University have won the UEFA Cup! First major bit of silverware :)

You have been promoted from the Midlands Alliance to the Prem and you class the Uefa Cup as the first bit of major silverware.

You have been promoted from the Midlands Alliance to the Prem and you class the Uefa Cup as the first bit of major silverware.

The game classes it as my first bit of major silverware ;) (I think)

And my fans too it seems.... I'm now a Loughborough legend. Yep, getting all those promotions and winning 13 consecutive County Cups wasn't enough apparently, had to win the UEFA Cup as well! Greedy bastards

Started a new game with Leicester when the new patch came out and after a mediocre start to the season, the loan signing of Marlon Harewood has turned our campaign on its head. 14 goals in 19 starts from the hare and a excellent 5 game winning streak just before christmas took us top but we have since droped to third, just a point behind WBA and two off Newcastle. Injuries to Andy King and Bruno have propted the loan signings of Nemanja Matic and David Murphy from Chelsea and Brum respectivly.

I found an absolute gem of a defensive midfielder called Ismaila N'Diaye playing for Caen in France, a snip at £250,000 and he slots into my 4-2-3-1 formation perfectly. (Yeah, I know I've stolen Nige's formation but meh). Marlon just netted a vital last minute equaliser against Forest and we're away at Sheff Wed next. If Leon Clarke scores two without reply this very laptop is going straight out of the window.

Fuuuuuuuuuuck, Harewood and Murphy both got injured in our 2-1 win and Hillsborough. up to 6 weeks without Marlon, WTF am I going to do?!

I'd been at Arsenal two seasons, doing quite well finishing 4th and 3rd.
Then at the end of the second season the board placed an embargo on me banning me from buying players as there was talk of a possible takeover.
Apparently this consortium wanted to sack me and bring in Martin O' Neill.

In the few weeks I had before they took over I decided to sell the 15 best players and sack all of the staff to make it as hard as possible for the next manager. I then resigned before they had the chance to sack me.

Glad to report that after 5 games of the new season Arsenal are rock bottom and instead of Martin O' Neil they have Terry Butcher, serves em right.

I'm doing pretty crappy since the new patch. Can't score! One of my strikers has gone 1300 minutes without scoring...

So I got to Christmas, and havn't won in about 7/8 league games, so decided it's finally time for a formation switch. I've only scored 12 goals in 19 league games, and only scored 2 in a game once this season (in the league)

My striker has played 24 games, and has just 1 goal which was against Shepshed in the Leicestershire Cup.

Honestly, not sure why I hadn't changed it sooner!

First 2 games, played Chelsea and won 2-1, then Forest (still in Champ) and won 2-0. Then Sheff Utd (Champ team) in League Cup Semi Final and drew 0-0...

All 3 were cup games, so still don't know how I'll fair in the league! If this one doesn't work though, not quite sure where to go from here.... At least not until the summer when I can buy new players

Still haven't managed to bag a striker, but the board have given me a monster £3.9m transfer kitty. Only trouble is that it's difficult to persuade playersd to move to Poland. Looks like a request to expand the stadium is on the cards. Górnik Zabrze could well have me for a few more years yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669