Football Manager 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
ThankGod Mohammed-8.jpg

Surely that has to be a pisstake by someone at SI when creating the game.
A regen come through at Tranmere called ThankGod Mohammed :icon_eek:

Does that mean when he nets the commentary says "ThankGod Mohammed has scored!" :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Last edited:
Wednesday - 4th season here is a real weird un. Sporadic form and flirts with playoffs. I am trying to change my squad over though. Sold some players, got some youth in. Maybe next season I'll challenge or get a new job.

England U21's....Euro Champs lost in the semi's on penos to Italy. Henri Lansbury was the nob who missed. Getting a decent team together of re-gen's is proving hard but qualifying is a piece of piss. 4 games and I have virtually qualified.

I wouldnt put it past some nutty religious folk calling their son Thankgod.

I always assumed that the newgens were created from exsisting names within the database that were randomised. So maybe there is a thankgod out there already in one of the many many countries FM reaches? :102:

I remember seeing one that was called Wan Kerr on a FM forum a couple of years back. :icon_lol:

Wednesday - 4th season here is a real weird un. Sporadic form and flirts with playoffs. I am trying to change my squad over though. Sold some players, got some youth in. Maybe next season I'll challenge or get a new job.

Sacked after applying for Bristol City job (in the Premiership with bags of money) and then a runof bad form.

Now Wigan manager, a struggle currently cos the teams full of 34/35/36 yo's and the financial situation is difficult.

I'm doing well again with Lufbra this season, 6th after 21 games in the Prem.

I'm noticing a recurring problem though, and that's team morale. My form's dropped off a lot over the last few weeks, and a lot of my squad are unhappy.

Problem is, I'm not getting enough money to build a whole good squad... I have a very good first team, with average to poor backup players in most positions. So the team tends to stay the same most of the time, and those who aren't playing are becoming a bit dejected. Main problem though is the players who ARE playing well, keep deciding they need to leave to further their careers. Usually I just hold firm and refuse to sell, but my players are annoyed by that and handing in transfer requests and I'm having to sell to keep morale up.

Difficult situation, especially since I'm trying to sell some of the players who are unhappy now, but struggling to find decent replacements and get decent money for the players I'm selling!

Oh, I went out of the Champions League in the group stage... finished 3rd in my group, a win in my last game would've seen me qualify so was close! Now I have to put up with the UEFA Cup again though, boo.

Last edited:
Does anyone else think that consistency on this game is an absolute joke. I just seems like the better and more in depth the FM games get the more impossible they seem.

(with the exception of Graz, clearly a FM god)

For example, at times it feels more like im playing a fruit machine rather than a manager game. No matter what i do or who i buy it makes no difference. Suddenly out of the many attempts at a decent game il be onto a winner and everything goes right for me.

With Sheffield as i said before i just missed out on the playoff final, i made some brilliant signings in the following Summer and got rid of dead wood. This year im awful, i cant get a run going. Last minute goals, no show performances and the better players from last year turning into dogshite.

It just feels too much like the A.I decides that im going to lose (and on the odd occasional win) and that theres no real way to turn it around once its made that decision.

Proper Rantage.

ARGH.

Every GK i come up against has a blinder. My players are all on 7+ ratings but yet i still end up losing. I change things around a bit and after 3 games against weaker sides i climb back up the table a bit, suddenly before each match im getting the "bad result will mean the sack" media message.

The game has decided that im going to get sacked and theres nothing i can do about it !

Arsenal and England manager in 2014, as you can see my two star strikers,in the absence of Wayne Rooney, are on fire.

England v Georgia.jpg

And the England record of Ebanks-Blake since I gave him his debut, pretty amazing.

Sylvan Ebanks-Blake.jpg

Last edited:
Stay up on goal difference with Wigan, relegating Forest. Financial situation at club is awful, got rid of six players and began building the squad. Pretty bare but managed w3, d1, l0 so far.

For the first time in my Loughborough game, I've gone backwards a bit this season!

Finished 9th in the league... Got to the semi finals of the UEFA Cup (after being knocked out of the Champions League), and was knocked out by Liverpool. Playing in both competitions is pretty good for the money! Got about £21m at the end of the season in combined TV revenue from the 2 competitions!

And, my bank balance is looking very healthy now... throw in the £13m or so I got for Premiership prize money, as well as obviously increased revenue from my first season in Day Stadium, and my bank balance at the end of the season is a whopping £42m!

So hopefully, I'll get a good transfer budget for the coming season :)

Don't know where to manage, my laptop died and I have had to install again my new one.

Might download the Italian extended database.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669