Football Manager 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got 40 points in my first season in the Prem... in my 2nd season, I've surpassed that after 26 games :)

I've played 27, and am currently 6th in the table. 6 points away from 4th place (they're 10 points behind 3rd, so big gap). 4th place is Man Utd though and they have an extra game to play still.

Even so, if I finish top 6/7 I'll be delighted :)

8 games to play, and still 6 points off, although played more games than all the teams above me.

I've got an easy run in though, with most of the teams I've got to play being the clubs at the bottom of the table - so still a chance of European football!

I finished 6th in the league, and got a Europa League spot :) (which I didn't actually realise until I got to the new season and had to offer the team win bonuses, and saw I had to give continental bonus!)

Loughborough University have got into Europe!

Spent big this summer! £47.5m on 3 players. I'd still been playing narrow diamond formation, which was working, but I wanted the option of wingers so I brought in 1 good one on each side (plus a free one for backup each side, including a 34 year old Aaron Lennon).

The good wingers I've spent money on can also play in centre mid/attacking mid, so if the new tactics don't work, they can still fit into my diamond so it's not money wasted :)

Mine keeps crashing, should I just un-install it?

Probably best, not sure though.

No harm in it though, just backup your files.

Not bothered about the saved files, I've been struggling to settle on a club recently so I'm going for a fresh start.

So, got to naming my European squad, and realised I only have 6 players trained in England (need 8), and none trained at the club.... oops.

Means my European squad is pretty small now!

My keeper, leading striker, and best midfielder all managed to get injured on international duty as well... striker is out for 3 months, keeper is out for 6 weeks, and my midfielder was only out for a month which is almost over... but he's in the last year of his contract and it meant I couldn't sell him because he was injured :(

Last edited:
Looking good Graz. Can you imagine it? Leicester & Loughborough battling it out in a derby game.

I managed to start a decent game with Sheffield United. I started a season with 7 wins and 7 defeats in 14 games. My job was intially on the line and every game i got he dreaded press statement "a bad result in the next game could cost King his job". I reverted to a tactic that i used to get Hinckley into League 2 and its turned my season around. Im up into 6th now, unbeaten in quite a few. I signed Andy Lonergan and Simeon Jackson. Both quality.

This league is in a world of its own. Starting with the runaway leaders at the top of the table. Swansea & Bristol City.

Im 4th behind Newcastle. Lost my last 2, so this is the test now. Still 3 points clear of the playoffs. Brought Dyer in from Swansea for £2mill, iv been playing an unknown that i signed called Xano but he hasnt quite got the quality to peform every week.

8 games to go in my 3rd Premiership season with Loughborough. Well, 8 games to go for me. 9 games to go for Chelsea. Everyone else has played at least 33, some played 34, some have already played 35!

I lost 3 key players in January... my defensive mid wouldn't sign a new contract so I sold him (only for £4m, bit gutted as I'd been offered £10m in the summer. Sold a striker for £13.5m, who again was unhappy and requested a transfer. Sold an attacking mid, who I'd only bought in the summer for £14.5m, and then Inter came in January and offered me £29m for him, and my board accepted the offer.

I was in the bottom 3 at that point, but spent £18m on a new striker, and have been on awesome form since (despite the fact he's only scored 1 goal so far!).

I'm currently 8th, but with 3/4/5 games in hand with so few games to go, who knows where I'll finish! I've got 4 games in hand on Arsenal, who are 3rd, and if I win all 4 games in hand I'd go level on points with them. Got 3 games in hand on 4th place Liverpool, and am 9 points behind them (and am about to play Liverpool in 2 consecutive league games!).

So Champions League qualification IS a possibility!

I got through the group stage of the UEFA Cup in this my first European season, but got knocked out in the first knockout round

My Sheffield season ended in dissapointment. I lost on penaltys to WBA in the playoffs first leg, after drawing 4-4 on aggregate.

My battling midfield of Darren Gibson (14 goals) and James Harper (24 assists) wouldnt agree to a second year on loan and i didnt have the funds. So i tried to replace them with cheap signings. It failed. Im 14th and once again im being threatened with the sack before each match. I doubt i could pull off another surge up the table...

I won BOTH games against Liverpool! :) 5 games to go for me now, and I'm sat in 4th, still with 2 games in hand on the team above and below me. 4 of my 5 remaining games are at home, all fairly easy too (except for Chelsea who are 2nd).

My keeper hasn't conceded in 7 games! Would take a colossal **** up for me not to get a Champions League space now I feel :)

Last edited:
My Sheffield season ended in dissapointment.

Weren't you Sheffield United before? What made you start again with a Unibond Division One South club? And how come they're playing WBA?

I lost on penaltys to WBA in the playoffs first leg, after drawing 4-4 on aggregate.

:icon_conf This doesn't even make sense.

I did it! 4th place! Loughborough University are in the Champions League! :)

That's what we like - realism.

Weren't you Sheffield United before? What made you start again with a Unibond Division One South club? And how come they're playing WBA?

:icon_conf This doesn't even make sense.

That's what we like - realism.

No i was using the same tactic as i was at Hinckley in an old league on FM09.

And what i meant was that i lost in the playoff semis after an aggregate score of 4-4 sent me to penos in the second leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool718
2Manchester C  717
3Arsenal717
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Newcastle712
7Fulham711
8Tottenham 610
9Brentford710