Football Manager 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, how's that for a bit of luck!

Coming to the end of my 2nd season in the Championship, and I've been sat in 3rd place for quite a while, and was beginning to slip further away from the top 2. 8 games to go, and 1st place Wigan have gone into administration and been docked 10 points! That moves them down to 4th, and means I'm now sat 2nd in the automatic spots!

Got to get back to good form now so I don't waste it, as the chasing pack are very close behind me

start looking for some summer out of contract players for the premiership.

Wednesday - 7th...pushing for play-offs but now the players of today are becoming 30 etc. I want to freshen up my squad thus playing FM is taking a lot longer because of the scouting work I am doing.

Couldn't regain my form at the end of the season, so finished 4th :( Big improvement after last season, but disappointing having been so close!

Still, playoffs could make up for it!

Beat Leeds in the semis... 2-2 at Elland Road, then 2-1 at home :)

Wigan in the final! They beat Forest on penalties. Eek... they beat me 3-1 a couple of games before the end of the season. And they beat me earlier in the season as well.

Fuccccccckkk.... my loan players go back to their clubs on the 23rd... Playoff Final is 27th. That's ****ing stupid. 5 loan players... all midfielders, 3 of them usually start... bollocks!

Panic averted... their loans automatically extended until 28th :)

Last edited:
WE DID IT!!! 2-1 win over Wigan in the playoff final!

Loughborough University are in the Premier League! :)

Wow, and good news for the club a few days later! The board announced upgrades to the training and youth facilities.... AND.... an 11,500 seat expansion to the stadium! I get to move into the Walkers for 7 months while the stadium is being redeveloped :)

I just remembered.... I don't own my stadium... not sure how they're expanding it lol

Last edited:

Wow, and good news for the club a few days later! The board announced upgrades to the training and youth facilities.... AND.... an 11,500 seat expansion to the stadium! I get to move into the Walkers for 7 months while the stadium is being redeveloped :)

I just remembered.... I don't own my stadium... not sure how they're expanding it lol

Feckin' 'ell. Cracking effort, how many promotions did that take bruv?

At least realism is prevaling in your game :icon_bigg

Are you honestly ground sharing at the Walkers?

I groundshare with Loughborough Dynamo, and that stadium is being expanded now.

So in the meantime, yes, I'm grounsharing at the Walkers. Why?

Didn't know it did stuff like that, quality.

Hopefully the same thing will happen to me down at the Owen Street Sports Ground in the future.

Didn't know it did stuff like that, quality.

Hopefully the same thing will happen to me down at the Owen Street Sports Ground in the future.

Ahh, yeah. Because it's such a big development (won't be finished until after Christmas), I can't use my ground in the meantime.

Getting rather annoyed at floating around 8th with Wednesday...so this January transfer window...trying to do a bit of wheeling and dealing.

Always a good idea... although I prefer to do my wheeling and dealing in the summer.

Season underway with Coalville Town in the Midland Alliance, It's pretty much an unknown league for me and I didn't really know what the benchamark in terms of quality was, let's say the first game had me very worried

Stratford 4-1 Coalville - A series of errors from the keeper was the main issue

Coalville 2-0 Barwell - Keeper changed and a clean sheet was highly pleasing

Boldmere St Michaels 0-2 Coalville - a great away performance and things looking up.

Next match is Sleaford away in the FA Cup, would love to go quite far and bring some money in to ensure a good financial performance this season.

Loving it so far.

Nice Lako :) Keep us informed.

The keeper errors were something I found a lot too (from the other teams as well). I was lucky to get Hahnemann after the first year or 2, so I had an amazing keeper.

Use it to your advantage though by putting plenty of pressure on the keepers/defenders ;)

I'm fairly confident with my team as I start my first campaign in the Premiership :)

Sold a few players on, and managed to bring in £13.25m in transfer fees! Spent £9m, the biggest chunk of that being £5.75m on a centre back.

Signed quite a few freebies, including a few big names. Signed Anderson (the Utd one), Arda Turan, and Javier Mascherano. Almost got Joe Mattock, but Real Madrid (!) came in and offered him a better contract :(

First 3 games, lost 1-0 away to Man City (unlucky to lose, but they had 10 men for most of it), lost 1-0 away to Birmingham, then beat Liverpool 3-1 at home :) Think home form is going to be key this season!

Last edited:
I'm fairly confident with my team as I start my first campaign in the Premiership :)

Sold a few players on, and managed to bring in £13.25m in transfer fees! Spent £9m, the biggest chunk of that being £5.75m on a centre back.

Signed quite a few freebies, including a few big names. Signed Anderson (the Utd one), Arda Turan, and Javier Mascherano. Almost got Joe Mattock, but Real Madrid (!) came in and offered him a better contract :(

First 3 games, lost 1-0 away to Man City (unlucky to lose, but they had 10 men for most of it), lost 1-0 away to Birmingham, then beat Liverpool 3-1 at home :) Think home form is going to be key this season!

What attendance did you get?

What attendance did you get?

Haha, I set new record attendance figures in 3 consecutive games.

Got 3291 in the League Cup against League 1 Colchester... then 15,177 against Liverpool, and then 27,296 at home to Spurs! (Spurs won the league year before last). Next League Cup game, at home against Arsenal, attendance dropped back to 13,656.

Good home form continued with wins against Spurs and Arsenal. Lost 1-0 away to Everton and and 2-0 away to Sunderland though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00