Football Manager 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
How come you decided to manage in Poland?

I never really go outside of England.... but if I did, I wouldn't pick Poland! Fancy a go at Brazil maybe sometime though..

I have a few Polish friends, so I thought it would be a good way to get to know about their football league. I've also loaded the Hungarian League (same reasons), as well as the French, Spanish and English leagues (something to eventually aim for).

My next game was up against 2nd place Pogon, who managed to beat me 2-1, narrowing the gap down to two points. After a 3-0 win against Ostrowiec, my next game penultimate league game was against Gornik Leczna. I somehow managed to lose 1-0 after barraging their goal for 90 minutes. This put me into second place after Pogon managed a win.

Before my last league game, I had the Polish Cup final. After an early goal to go one-nil up, Ruch Chorzow pegged me back after a few minutes. But a powerful display by my Zabrze side won the cup after a 4-1 win! This means Europa League football for my side!

In my final league game against LKS Lodz, I needed a win, and for Pogon to slip up against 4th placed Kluczbork. With an eye on the score updates from Kluczbork, we powered into a 3-0 lead. Slowly we took control of the game, and despite conceding a late goal, I watched as Kluczbork came through with a 3-2 win.

I had won the double! Promotion was my key aim for the season, and I defied odds to win the League and Cup double. An absolutely fantastic season in the end, despite losing eight games in total.

Now a bit of consolidation over the summer in preperation for my foray into Europe.

How old is he at this point on the game? :102:

Only 34, it's his first managerial job.

Maybe it's because I've got so many English leagues in the game, and therefore there are more opportunities.... but there seems to be absolutely loads, and loads, and loads of ex-players in managerial positions. And a lot of players seem to be retiring at about 32

I've taken a different approach this season.... not expecting to get promoted from the Championship first time of asking, so I'm avoiding filling my squad with just loan players this season (plus I think there's a limit on how many I can play in the Champ. anyway)

Signing up good players on freebies, preferably young ones, so my team can stabilise this year, and perhaps build some money.... then hopefully I can shift on some of these players for decent fees, and gradually start to build my money up (because it is going to take a LOT to get me a stadium!) I'm aiming for mid-table this year.

I've taken a different approach this season.... not expecting to get promoted from the Championship first time of asking, so I'm avoiding filling my squad with just loan players this season (plus I think there's a limit on how many I can play in the Champ. anyway)

Signing up good players on freebies, preferably young ones, so my team can stabilise this year, and perhaps build some money.... then hopefully I can shift on some of these players for decent fees, and gradually start to build my money up (because it is going to take a LOT to get me a stadium!) I'm aiming for mid-table this year.

How big is your stadium currently?

It seems the game has ignored Step 2, Step 1, League Two and League One minimum requirements, why start obeying them at the Championship?

Is there a minimum capacity rule?

I think it's a disgrace a team propped up by the Tax Payer is so high up the divisions.

I am back online...appears my 2nd season with Wednesday is aimlessly going to finish around 8th which is above the target of 10th. 10 games left and 7 points off the playoffs. Now time for a transfer re-think.

Histon - 3,800

Salisbury - 3,500

1.3 Capacity
The stadium must have a minimum capacity of 4,000 spectators, including the seated spectators, as
certified by the local authority or calculated by a competent person, in accordance with the “Guide to
Safety at Sports Grounds”, (Green Guide) current edition at the time of inspection, with the potential to
achieve a capacity of 5,000 in the future. The Football Association and the Football Conference
reserve the right to appoint a suitably qualified person to review and, if found necessary, amend the
capacity figure.
The club must have the ability to segregate home and visiting supporters. Any segregated area must
have exclusive entrances, exits, ladies and gentlemens toilet facilities and catering facilities. The latter
may be of the mobile type.
NOTE: All Football Conference fixtures come under the Football Spectators Act 1989 (Football
banning order legislation), and the Football (Offences) Act 1991.

Also:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wiltshire/content/articles/2007/04/19/scfc_190407_feature.shtml

Iv lost interest in FM at the moment, i cant seem to get back into it. After my succesful Chelsea run im finding it hard to find another challenge. I might reload it and quit to a smaller team.

I wouldn't exactly call managing Chelsea a challenge ;)

I always seem to enjoy it more when I start off unemployed and take the first job that is offered.
Currently in my 3rd season with Watford, took over when they were bottom of Championship and guided them to safety.
Finished 12th in second season and managed to sign all the best players from Middlesbrough for very, very cheap after they went into administration.

Last edited:
End of my first season in the Championship, I finished 12th. I'm pretty pleased with that... realised my idea of getting by with freebies probably won't give me good enough players to get promoted though.

But, my bank balance looks more healthy. Still got just under £1m in the bank at the the end of the season :) Aaaand, my board are upgrading my training and youth facilities! Finally! I don't even HAVE youth facilities at the minute, so this is good :)

Well, how's that for a bit of luck!

Coming to the end of my 2nd season in the Championship, and I've been sat in 3rd place for quite a while, and was beginning to slip further away from the top 2. 8 games to go, and 1st place Wigan have gone into administration and been docked 10 points! That moves them down to 4th, and means I'm now sat 2nd in the automatic spots!

Got to get back to good form now so I don't waste it, as the chasing pack are very close behind me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00