Football Manager 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
could you post a pic of your current team?

Sure thing! A fair few of them are regens now though. The striker I've got on loan is amazing... good enough for the Prem say my coaches. On loan from Lokomotiv Moscow :)

Adam Rooney is good when he plays, but seems to get injured for a few months per season :(

Last edited:
Sure thing! A fair few of them are regens now though. The striker I've got on loan is amazing... good enough for the Prem say my coaches. On loan from Lokomotiv Moscow :)

Adam Rooney is good when he plays, but seems to get injured for a few months per season :(

****, I just wanted to click on the players and play the game :(

Don't agree with your use of foreign policy though, disgraceful ;)

Just finished in 10th place, 3 points off the league 2 play-offs with Lincoln. I had very little money to spend at the start of the season so had to rely on loan players to make my squad half decent. Ashley Chambers got the most goals for my low scoring side with 10, I shall be looking to re-sign him this coming summer. Matty Collins and Grant Basey were cheap but very effective long term addition to my back line.

I found Paul Shaw (remember him?) playing in Hungary and signed him, but when he and two other strikers got injured I made a surprise swoop for Malcolm Christie on a free with a short term deal until the end of the term. He knocked 6 goals in and earned himself a second year to his contract. It was a topsy-turvy season in which we nearly upset Bolton in the third round of the FA cup, eventually going down 2-1 at the Reebok. I'm looking to force my way into third place next year with a mix of promising loanees and cast-off freebies.

Last edited:
Just over halfway through my first season. The winter break has started, and my Gornik Zabrze side is sitting in 4th position, 2 points behind Pogon Sczechin at the top of the Polish Liga I.

A couple of good results including a 1-0 win over big rivals Widzew Lodz have been punctuated by a couple of dodgy results like the 3-2 loss to 2nd placed MK Kluczbork.

Also a 2-1 win over Ekstraklasa side Lechia Gdansk has set me up with a Polish Cup Quarter Final tie with local rivals Polonia Bytom.

Star striker Eugene Sepuya of Uganda has chipped in with 10 goals, and this has been supplemented by the rest of the side bagging a few.

Arranged 5 friendly matches over the winter break to keep my side in shape leading towards the run-in, and hopefully we can challenge for the cup too.

I've gone on an absolutely shit run of form... still 4th in the league, with 7 games to go... but 16 points off of 3rd place! 29 points off the top! Feck

Gutted, especially with 3 automatic promotion places in League 2! Annoying to have missed out... hopefully can still get up through the playoffs.

Thankfully, my team pulled through and saved my playoff spot at the end of the season!

1 win and 1 draw from 10 games saw me drop out of the playoff spots... but thankfully I switched the tactics again, and won 3 out of my last 4 so finished 5th! Hopefully this improved form keeps up for the playoffs...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! My run of straight promotions is over! :(

My stupid ****ing left back decided to give away a penalty in the 85th minute of the playoff final, and I lost 1-0 from it! :( ****!

My squad is way too big, and I think it's way I've done worse this year... big reshuffle in store now this summer!

I'm inconsolable :( I need a hug!

Last edited:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! My run of straight promotions is over! :(

My stupid ****ing left back decided to give away a penalty in the 85th minute of the playoff final, and I lost 1-0 from it! :( ****!

My squad is way too big, and I think it's way I've done worse this year... big reshuffle in store now this summer!

I'm inconsolable :( I need a hug!

Good, finally a bit of realism, you should be over the moon at achieving such a high finish in your first year.

Good, finally a bit of realism, you should be over the moon at achieving such a high finish in your first year.

Now I've calmed down, I don't mind having an extra year in League 2 ;) But it was a frustrating way to miss out on promotion!

I've taken this pre-season to shake up my team, try to lower the wage budget, but also sign better players than I had (because a lot of my players were still players I'd had for the last few years). I've been a bit more ruthless in selling players... had to get rid of some players that I'd grown some affection for after their exploits after the last few seasons, but a lot of them simply weren't good enough to help me go further.

I'm still trying to sell more/lower the wage budget. My bank balance is currently £115k, which is better than it has been for a while. I've so far signed 9 players on loan for this season! The majority are of which will be in the first team and are a significant improvement on what I had... and just as importantly, I'm paying nothing for them :)

I've definetely made 1 big transfer boob now in this game though... I signed a player from Porto last season, who I'd been chasing since the summer and eventually got on a free in January, but his wages are £1,000 a week! That's far more than I'm paying anyone else (next highest earner is on £600 a week), and is a huge chunk of my wage bill (totals £10,770 a week).
And he was shit :( Played 5 games and was absolutely dire in all of them, and now I can't shift him :(

After a poor start to the season (no win in the opening 5 games), I'm doing much better now.

But it's frustrating... more and more of my players are getting a bit unhappy "that the club is underachieving"... I'm 9th, so I'm suprised by that anyway.... But I have 4 games in hand on every team above me! Winning all of those would put me top! Even winning 2 would put me 4th! Grrr

Nearly at christmas in my second season with Lincoln and we are top, 4 points clear of Rochdale. Notable additions have been Waide Fairhurst from Donny who has already knocked in 15 goals and Thomas Kupiscz on loan from Wigan who adds some real class to an otherw*s* gritty midfield. I signed a Portugese midfield from the French national called Maia, he's been playing just in front of the back four to great effect and has a knack of scoring wonder goals from nowhere. Jonothan Obika from Spurs has been a good loan signing to support Fairhurst up top.

Last edited:
Well, this season it was me with a late goal to win the playoffs! :)

Beat Rotherham 2-1 in the final, with an 85th minute winner. I'd actually already played Rotherham on the last day of the season, and they'd come back from 2-1 at half time to beat me 4-2, and cost me an automatic promotion spot! So I was scared playing them in the final!

So League 1 for me now! Onwards and upwards! Potentially 2 seasons from the Premiership! ;)

With 8 games remaining in the league season, I am currently top of the Polish Liga I, with a two point cushion an a game in hand after my nearest rivals Podbeskidzie and Kluczbork both drew their games 1-1. I, meanwhile was playing in the Polish Cup Quarter Final second leg against local rivals Polonia Bytom. After winning the first leg 2-0, I managed to scrape through with a 2-1 defeat in the return.

Nearly at christmas in my second season with Lincoln and we are top, 4 points clear of Rochdale. Notable additions have been Waide Fairhurst from Donny who has already knocked in 15 goals and Thomas Kupiscz on loan from Wigan who adds some real class to an otherw*s* gritty midfield. I signed a Portugese midfield from the French national called Maia, he's been playing just in front of the back four to great effect and has a knack of scoring wonder goals from nowhere. Jonothan Obika from Spurs has been a good loan signing to support Fairhurst up top.

Some nice signings there :) Kupiscz and Obika.

I've got a dilemma now.... filled my squad with quality loanees again... except for upfront... I've signed 1 striker, who's good, but not as good as the guy I had last year. And now, more of less the only player I signed permanently last year, my star striker wants to leave the club...

He's in the last year of his contract, and won't renew. He's valued at £130,000 and Forest have offered £300,000.... an amazing amount of money for me (the most I've sold a player for so far is £80,000! Most only leave for about £20k)...

Can't decide whether to sell now, or keep hold of him in the hopes he'll get me promoted, because I don't think I can find a replacement!

Some nice signings there :) Kupiscz and Obika.

My signing of the summer, Waide Fairhurst broke his leg against Rochdale about 10 minutes after I posted that update.:mad: Obika and Nimely-Tchuimeni(sp) from Man City are doing the business now though.

Nice work, is it Loughborough you're playing as? I can't be arsed to look back through the thread and check.:icon_bigg

My signing of the summer, Waide Fairhurst broke his leg against Rochdale about 10 minutes after I posted that update.:mad: Obika and Nimely-Tchuimeni(sp) from Man City are doing the business now though.

Nice work, is it Loughborough you're playing as? I can't be arsed to look back through the thread and check.:icon_bigg

Yep Loughborough.

Can't decide about selling my striker, it's a toughy!

Played my Polish Cup Semi-Final first leg against Odra Wzodislaw at their place, and lost 4-2. Lost my star striker due to broken ribs, but managed to win my next three league games leaving me 5 points clear of Pogon with 4 games left. My next game however, is against Pogon, so could potentially be a title-decider.

After the league games, I Had to play the second leg of the semi-final, where against all odds I managed to knock-out my second Ekstraklasa side by beating them 3-0 (5-4 on aggregate).

Afte runaway Ekstraklasa leaders Legia Warsaw won their first leg game against Ruch Chorzow, I though this would guarantee me European football next season, but Chorzow somehow managed to turn back the 2-1 first leg defecit to go to the final 4-3 on aggregate. Now I just have to continue my fantastic cup run for one more game as well as seal my promotion to the Ekstraklasa.

Played my Polish Cup Semi-Final first leg against Odra Wzodislaw at their place, and lost 4-2. Lost my star striker due to broken ribs, but managed to win my next three league games leaving me 5 points clear of Pogon with 4 games left. My next game however, is against Pogon, so could potentially be a title-decider.

After the league games, I Had to play the second leg of the semi-final, where against all odds I managed to knock-out my second Ekstraklasa side by beating them 3-0 (5-4 on aggregate).

Afte runaway Ekstraklasa leaders Legia Warsaw won their first leg game against Ruch Chorzow, I though this would guarantee me European football next season, but Chorzow somehow managed to turn back the 2-1 first leg defecit to go to the final 4-3 on aggregate. Now I just have to continue my fantastic cup run for one more game as well as seal my promotion to the Ekstraklasa.

How come you decided to manage in Poland?

I never really go outside of England.... but if I did, I wouldn't pick Poland! Fancy a go at Brazil maybe sometime though..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

In my first season in League 1, I'm currently 8th after 25 games. Got 5/6 games in hand on all the teams above me though! If I win 5, I'd go 2nd by a point.

I've just signed 35 year old Andy Johnson on loan! My scouts/coaches say he'd just be a useful player for a League 1 side, and wouldn't even put him on my bench... but I've thrown him straight in the starting lineup and he got me 2 goals in his first game :) Good signing I think!

Some of my players were getting unhappy at not playing, so I've tried to move them all on in January, and fill the squad with even more loanees!

I've now got 21 players on loan! 13 players that are actually mine....

Still trying to save money, so I can get training/youth facilities, and hopefully a stadium eventually! No idea how I'm ever going to get enough money for a stadium.... but my 1000 seater is now filled every week in League 1.

Last edited:
I finished on 97 points in my first season in League 1... and still missed out on automatic promotion! Unbelievable! Scunthorpe and Coventry got the top 2 spots, finishing on 107 and 106 points respectively! I was still in the fight with a couple of games to go, but lost 2 in a row :(

So I finished 3rd, with Watford, Cardiff and Reading behind me! Fantastic first season, but will made much better if I can win the playoffs!

I just got offered the Leicester job, as they finished 20th in the Championship... turned it down though, and Jermain Defoe has been named as their new manager!

Watford away in the semi final first leg.... won 1-0 :)
Second leg, back at the Nanpantan Sports Ground... 2-0 win (3-0 agg) :)

And it's Reading in the final! This is going to be tough! Drew 2-2 at home with them this season, and lost 3-0 away! And they've had the extra day's rest and my team are pretty knackered! Eeek!

So the final! My right back got sent off after 10 minutes! And I've had a player injured! 1-1 at the end of 90 minutes! Holding on to be honest! Switched to counter attacking for extra time!

YESSS!!! I take the lead after 110 minutes! 2-1! We've done it!!! 2-1 final score! Loughborough win, after playing 110 minutes with only 10 men! Jorge Luis Nanni, on loan from River, is the hero! Central midfielder, average rating of 7.54 for the season, 16 goals, 13 assists in 37 appearances! Woooo.... and both goals in the final! Superstar!

Get in! Into the Championship! :) 1 year from the Prem! ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00