Football Manager 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good figures

Just won in the FA Cup, It's taking 10 mins so far for it to process all the FA Cup games in the 2nd qual round.

Did it take you ages after your 1st FAC game?

Good figures

Just won in the FA Cup, It's taking 10 mins so far for it to process all the FA Cup games in the 2nd qual round.

Did it take you ages after your 1st FAC game?

Yep. Tends to speed up as you move up though. I went to the "Detail Level" tab on the menu though (on the list below preferences) and just put them all down to None, which helped speed up quite a lot I think.

Just kicking off my second season at Gornik Zabrze. Now I'm playing with the big boys in the Ekstraklasa, I thought it be best to get some high profile friendly games in pre-season. These included a 2-1 win against Rapid Vienna, a 5-1 loss against Zaragoza, and a 1-1 draw at home to AS Monaco.

In between these games was my Superpuchar (super cup) game against league winners Wisla Krakow. I went down 1-0 with a spirited performance.

Following this, I made my Europa League debut in the third qualifying round against Israeli side Hapoel Tel Aviv. After the first leg at home, I am currently 1-0 up thanks to a goal from new signing Davor Vugrinec of Croatia.

Next up is my first league game against fellow promoted side Pogon Szcecin, and then the return leg in Israel.

Started to get bored with this so I started a game with Leicester in an attempt to get some passion into it.

Signed
- Sebastien Viera GK
- Matt Hill LB
- Damien Plessis CM
- Javier Portillo ST

Ritchie Wellens broke his leg in the second game of the season so I signed Edgar Davids until the end of the year to cover, he's quite cheap and better that a young loanee.

Last edited:
I'm with Leicester in 09, just got promoted to the Prem in the playoffs after pipping Forest to 6th in the last game. Beat Cardiff in the final.

Mainly the same team as in real life but I have got Henri Camara and Danny Webber on frees up front who got about 40 goals between them last season.

This season I have signed Babic on a free and the older fatter Ronaldo for about 700k!

Not going well for me now :( 19th after 20 games, not won in 8. Team morale is getting pretty low. We just don't score enough goals... it's 1st Jan now, so I'm going to try and find a striker that can change that! (Means shipping some players out first though)

Well, the idea to bring a striker in... or anyone else for that matter... isn't going well.

I have £5m transfer budget left, but am £15k over my wage budget.... and my board won't let me put any of that transfer budget towards extending my wage budget.... so I can't sign anyone, as they'll only let me offer £2k a week to someone, unless I offload players.

Just beat Birmingham 1-0 though, first win in 10 games.

Last edited:
2009/10
Started with Leicester and had a pretty decent season, finishing around 10th. I thought that was pretty successful.

I managed to keephold of Tunchev too. My best signing was probably Theo Lucius (RB/CM, free) and a goalkeeper called Kereman (or keleman?). Freebie Edgar Davids proved useful too.

2010/11
Shockingly, i was sacked after about 10 games. I was in about 20th place but we were playing well and had just beaten Chelsea 3-1 in the league cup. Boo.

Took on the job at Millwall with no money and no wage budget. The target was to attempt to avoid relegation (ie i was expected to fail). Finished about 14th with the help of freebies and loans. -

2011/12
First full seaosn in charge, so made lots of freebie signings. Rob Earnshaw, Marlon King, John Spicer, Ritchie De Laet, Zoltan Szelesi, Armestien Janning (not sure on all the spellings).

A very successful season and we finished in 10th place. The target was only to attempt to avoid relegation again.

The team is looking very strong now so i can't wait for the next pre-season.

Overall i've barely spent a penny but manged to raise the balance from 0 to about 3million (hope to see some of this) thanks to a couple of inflated transfers. The chairman's loan ends this summer, which costs £143k a month as well.

Woo! Huge stage of my season. 18th in the table, and had to play Portsmouth (20th), followed by Charlton (3rd), and then Bristol City (17th) and then Southend (16th).

With 6 games to go!

Managed to Pompey, Charlton AND Bristol City! Only won 8 all season, so now to win 3 in a row is huuuuuge, especially against teams around me. It's put me 17th, 3 points ahead now of Bristol City, level with Southend (still 16th). My goal difference is worse than both though.

3 games to go now, and with Southend next to play this is a massive game!

After that it's West Ham (15th!) and Man Utd (10th), both away.

Last edited:
Win against Southend, and a draw with West Ham put me 15th, and I was safe by the time I played Utd (and lost 1-0) on the last day of the season. Finished 15th! Good finish, pleased with that!

Lots of rebuilding to be done though... my narrow formations (4-1-3-2/4-3-1-2/diamond) didn't seem to cut it in the Prem... I think partly because my strikers were just no where near good enough for this league. Hopefully get a decent budget as I definetely need new strikers, and would like to get some wingers to give me more options.

SHAZAR!! New stadium announced!

Construction of Day Stadium, named in honour of the club's greatest manager (damn right!), will cost around £50m

£50m loan to cover the stadium, plus stadium sponsorship of £9.25m. Will take 2 years to build and capacity will be 29,829. Will be 2 years until I can move in though.

Graz, the last time i checked in you were in the friggin conference ? where are you now Championship? Or did you take another job ?

Im attempting to create a decent game with Hull by selling off everyone and rebuilding a team. It hasnt gone well in two attempts (the first didnt save doh!). I havent managed a win in 7 and lost to bottom club Wolves with 2 90mins+ goals.

Its actually pissing me off.

Currently sitting second in the Ekstraklasa, but it seems like I'm struggling. Managed to beat Wisla Krakow and Lech Poznan, but losing to sides at the bottom end like Odra Wodzislaw. Can't seem to get my strikers firing, except for the second half against Lech. Also struggling with what seems to be complacency against lower sides. Any tips on this? All my players' morale is Superb!

Knocked out of the Polish Cup to Ruch Chorzow in Extra Time, and knocked out of th Europa League by Olympique Marseille.

Graz, the last time i checked in you were in the friggin conference ? where are you now Championship? Or did you take another job ?

I'm just starting my 2nd season in the Prem with Loughborough.

Done some really good business this summer I think, and I don't expect to be too close to the relegation zone this season.

My defence was reasonably strong last season, I just couldn't score! I've stuck with my diamond formation (because I couldn't actually find any affordable good wingers)

I've spent £33.5m this summer! Bought in 2 quality strikers, and a good attacking midfielder. Plus another good attacking mid and good striker on freebies too. So really boosted my attacking options :)

Got a couple of free centre backs as well, who are better than the back ups I had, and meant I could sell the others on to boost my transfer budget :) Earned £13.5m in transfer fees.

I'm just starting my 2nd season in the Prem with Loughborough.

Done some really good business this summer I think, and I don't expect to be too close to the relegation zone this season.

My defence was reasonably strong last season, I just couldn't score! I've stuck with my diamond formation (because I couldn't actually find any affordable good wingers)

I've spent £33.5m this summer! Bought in 2 quality strikers, and a good attacking midfielder. Plus another good attacking mid and good striker on freebies too. So really boosted my attacking options :)

Got a couple of free centre backs as well, who are better than the back ups I had, and meant I could sell the others on to boost my transfer budget :) Earned £13.5m in transfer fees.

Nice. What year is it ?

I gave up with trying to make Hull decent, its actually impossible. When i left out for the City game i left myself on holiday. I came back it was still going, i had been sacked before Christmas 2009 ! :icon_lol:

I had stayed unemployed the entire time, it was in 2014. It was nice to see Hull still using a couple of my signings though !

Just won in my final FA Cup qual game, next up is braintree Town in the 1st round proper, fearing the worst, was hoping to get a lower team.

Fans are delighted and FA Cup fever has hit Coalville once more.

Sitting at the top of the Ekstraklasa now, but only 1 point ahead of Legia Warsaw who have a game in hand. Wins against Slask Wroclaw, Belchatow, and the Local rivals Polonia Bytom have kept me up near the top.

After going 10 hours without a goal, my Ugandan striker Eugene Sepuya finally bagged against Slask, and Croatian striker Vugrinec has been chipping in too. But over the last few games it's been my Bosnian frontman Ensar Arifovic who's been scoring the goals. After warming the bench for most of last season, he's came out of his shell a little.

My next game is against Cracovia Krakow, followed by the big one, at home to Legia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00