Football stuff on the internets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe we are behind Cov!! And over 500 behind Forest!!
Still with games we have left our average is likely to increase as we will likely fill most of the away ends until the end of the season
The Top 10 - Average Away Attendances in the FL (from the 72)
1) Leeds United - 3,186
2) Nottingham Forest - 2,468
3) Wolverhampton Wanderers FC - 2,257
4) Sheffield Wednesday FC - 2,041
5) Derby County - 1,948
6) Coventry City FC – - 1,933
7) Leicester City Football Club - 1,914
8) Burnley Football Club - 1,582
9) Middlesbrough FC - 1,558
10) Huddersfield Town - 1,540

EDIT Just noticed this on the OS
The Club have been handed an allocation of 3,060 tickets for the Ewood Park clash, which will kick-off at 3pm in what is sure to be a crucial moment in the race for promotion to the Premier League.

That should put our average up a bit.

Last edited:
Most Cov fans are boycotting their "home" games and a lot are going to away games instead. There were only 1,400 home fans at their game against Carlisle last week, and tickets were only £9.

They wouldn't be anywhere near break even for the night

We are currently on another thread talking about our last season in the Premier League when we won only 6 games all season. We drew too many - 15 and only lost 17, the same games lost as Portsmouth who finished 13th.
Anyway not quite as bad as losing 169 of the last 171 games played like this team in Staffordshire Anyway they have finally won. Well done Tunstall Town FC :038::038:

Most fans don't want the thug back. Hopefully Sheff W will decide to keep him.

Looks like you've dodged a bullet.
Wednesday seem to be behind his rehabilitation. Uncle Milan, who of course came close to serving time himself, said "In addition, we firmly believe the club can play a key, hands-on role in facilitating Gary's rehabilitation back into the professional working environment."
Gary Madine: Jailed Sheffield Wednesday striker to rejoin squad

I am grateful to Sheffield Wednesday for giving me this continued opportunity and I can only promise never to let the club or anyone else down in this manner again

Last edited:
Diego Maradona planning to make a professional come back at 53 years old?

Looks like you've dodged a bullet.

They would say that, they want to be seen to be doing the right thing. If he plays one more game for them they'll have to pay another £100,000 (£90,000 of which goes to Carlisle), so that might influence what they do next.

I am grateful to Sheffield Wednesday for giving me this continued opportunity and I can only promise never to let the club or anyone else down in this manner again

After his first conviction, for an unprovoked attack on a Carlisle fan in a pub, he said things about learning his lesson. He clearly didn't, and did it twice more (that we know of - there are rumours of other stuff as well). He seems to be one of those people who becomes violent after a few drinks and the only way he'll stay out of trouble is by not drinking at all.

He signed for a fifth division Argentine side recently.

Or not I can't find anything confirmed officially..

He was at the F1 testing and they mentioned he's going to be playing again, he's in Dubai to get fit but still looks like a house end

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26438871

Braintree have 18 Conference Premier games to play in the remaining seven weeks of the season

Sat, 8 Mar: Hereford (h)
Tue, 11 Mar: Wrexham (h)
Thu, 13 Mar: Forest Green (a)
Sat, 15 Mar: Lincoln (a)
Tue, 18 Mar: Lincoln (h)
Sat, 22 Mar: Aldershot (h)
Tue, 25 Mar: Welling (a)
Thu, 27 Mar: Nuneaton (h)
Sat, 29 Mar: Gateshead (a)
Tue, 1 Apr: Southport (a)
Sat, 5 Apr: Salisbury (h)
Tue, 8 Apr: Macclesfield (h)
Sat, 12 Apr: Luton (a)
Tue, 15 Apr: Gateshead (h)
Fri, 18 Apr: Dartford (h)
Mon, 21 Apr: Barnet (a)
Sat, 26 Apr: Grimsby (h)
Game against Halifax still to be arranged

Too lazy to start a new foreign football thread so I put this in this bastard of a thread instead.

Nice bit of fair play;

Edit; I expect RichB will soon be around saying something about Drinky......

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670